PDA

View Full Version : Night Owls- Have you seen your local creature?

Lisapc
April 4th, 2014, 12:36 AM
I wanted a new pair of jeans so I went to the store and spent way to much. Then I went to another shopping plaza and there was a Tuesday Morning, Big Lots and a Joann's all next to each other. I went nuts. I went really nuts and so tired after dinner that I ended up falling asleep on the couch for hours. Now I am awake. I am not letting myself go into my sewing room because I will end up being awake all night and I want to clean a bit tomorrow and have the weekend to sew and sleep.

Anyway I woke up and put the TV on to see the Bigfoot Hunter show was on. We don't have a Bigfoot/Sasquatch around here that I have ever hear of but I would welcome one. If I knew what they ate I would plant it for them. If they eat deer I have plenty of those. We have a hear of about 8 that come through our property twice day right now.

So my question for tonight is do you have a Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Grassman or whatever it is called local creature and have you ever seen it? Know someone who claims to have seen it? Wanna see it?

pcbatiks
April 4th, 2014, 12:40 AM
No Bigfoot around here........just an occasional armadillo or possum!

Miss Sheri
April 4th, 2014, 12:43 AM
I lived in the midwest for about five years when I was a little girl, actually in Independence, Missouri. They had tales of Momo - the Missouri monster. In Washington State, where I was born and mostly raised, we had sasquatch, aka bigfoot. I knew a lot of folks who believed with their whole heart and soul they were real.

bubba
April 4th, 2014, 12:48 AM
My only creature is the famous Monkey Man.....I see him often!

Lisapc
April 4th, 2014, 12:51 AM
My only creature is the famous Monkey Man.....I see him often!

I don't know if I ever told you but my Big Peter has called my Lil' Peter Monkey boy since forever. In our home the only Bigfoot is our dog Blaze, we swear the recordings of their sounds are taken from our house.

Lisapc
April 4th, 2014, 01:37 AM
'Night ladies, I was really hoping someone had a Bigfoot story!

snippet
April 4th, 2014, 01:50 AM
We have the chupacabra in South Texas. It's supposed to be a goat killer. A few years ago, one was killed on a nearby ranch. It was U G L Y. It turned out to be a skinny coyote with a bad case of mange. I've never seen one.

rebeccas-sewing
April 4th, 2014, 04:40 AM
I haven't heard or seen of any in Orange County but a couple of seasons I'd say we had a little foot. I planted beautiful flowers in my yard only to find they had all been dug up by morning. I have a feeling the explanation for a little foot is the word opossum but I never caught him/her in the act so I'm going with Little Foot.

MayinJerset
April 4th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Have never seen Jersey's Big Foot, although there have been many reports over the years and people who have made plaster casts of huge footprints. We also have Ole' Red Eye, the Jersey Devil - see photo, that has been said to be seen in the Pinelands. 72629

dwil23
April 4th, 2014, 09:34 AM
No unknown creature - but there is a 14 foot alligator that frequents the bank on the other side of the river. Fortunately we have a six foot seawall a terrace level and then an eight foot wall before our back yard.

Slokarma
April 4th, 2014, 09:55 AM
There has been a sighting or two of BigFoot around here according to the local paper. We also have the Grassman nearby and the Greenman in Pa., The Greenman is actually real. He turned green after getting hit with a high voltage electric line and then became a legend around here.

AND, I don't know who or what it is, but somebody lives in my house at night. Hubby works nights and my bedroom and the sewing room are downstairs. Something walks around up here most every night. And it's not just me that's heard it. My dog has raised it ears and showed teeth directed to the top of the stairs and she has laid on the foot of the bed and did the same to something outside the bedroom........C R E E P Y

Last night the darn thing hid the TV remote from me and I spent most of the evening looking for it. Darn thing hid it under the new fabric I got in the mail that was laying on the arm of my chair....IMAGINE that! It had to know I would find it when I finally gave up looking for it and took the fabric down stairs! Clever monster! Ok, even I know I'm getting carried away...

Sheena
April 4th, 2014, 02:01 PM
They've all come to live over here! I've dated several of them over the years. There's a definate shortage of decent men around here!

MRoy
April 4th, 2014, 02:12 PM
I've not seen or heard of a Bigfoot here...but someone put a "Caution-Bigfoot Crossing" sign on a tree next to a local well-traveled road lately. LOL!

Kateskloset
April 4th, 2014, 03:32 PM
In South Louisiana we have the legend of the Rougarou..
In the Cajun legends, the creature is said to prowl the swamps around Acadiana and Greater New Orleans, and possibly the fields or forests of the regions. The rougarou most often is described as a creature with a human body and the head of a wolf or dog, similar to the werewolf legend

Never seen it myself...hope I never do!