PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday morning but feels like a Monday

Blondie
May 31st, 2011, 06:31 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/gmtea062rebel-1.gif

Hi Ladies
I don't even remember yesterday, yet. LOL. I know it was a fairly lazy day in general since we did our bit party on Sunday. Hubs is just off to work, so today feels like a Monday. We did go with Mom to see Dad's marker at the cemetary. Nice to see all the flags there.

Ladies, we have a bear on our property somewhere. We've seen the paw prints at Mom's but now we have seen some on ours - Definitely bear.

Got the pantry cleaned out, now to start on some other areas that need some cleaning no one sees but me.

quilter.martha
May 31st, 2011, 08:11 AM
Blondie: Watch out for that bear. We've had a few bear attacks this spring up in my neck of the woods. They go after the bird feeders. We've never had one on our property that I know of. I'd actually be really excited to see one in my yard!

Right now we're dealing with a pesky raccoon. He is drinking our hummingbird feeder nectar and digging up my flowers! My son saw him last night roaming around the yard. Don't mind them normally, but I'd prefer the hummingbirds getting their nectar.

Have a great day.

Loonwatcher
May 31st, 2011, 08:18 AM
Morning All.

The first part of our weekend was rainy, then gloomy and then yesterday was nice. We did get our docks out at their highest setting and weighted them down with cement blocks because the water is soooo high.

I too feel like it's only Monday. Yay that it's really Tuesday because it means a short week at work.

We have had a bear in our yard a couple times over the last few years. But it's the deer that do damage by eating my lilacs, lillies and apple trees. I think they are beautiful, but they make me mad!

Have a great day!

quiltingtrish
May 31st, 2011, 09:01 AM
Good morning everyone!
Yesterday was HOT and glad that's over. The picnic was nice - only a handful of DH's relatives showed up - I think most people stayed away cause it really was just too HOT. I ended up coming inside after sitting there sweating too much in the shade wondering why I wasn't sitting inside the AC. A few others followed and then a 2 week old baby came who I got to hold most of the rest of the day. How cute! (Yes, he already got his quilt).
Well, everyone have a wonderful day and give someone a hug.
Hugs,

debinmalaga
May 31st, 2011, 10:05 AM
Good morning all! Well, the weekend left me feeling wiped out, now it's back to work.

Blondie, beware that bear! Martha, I have squirrels that drink my hummingbird nectar - that's bad enough, but the little finks also tend to chew the feeders up.

Hope everyone had a great weekend... let the Tuesday-that-feels-like-a-Monday be wonderful!

janluna
May 31st, 2011, 10:26 AM
Good Morning Ladies, looks like you all made it through the weekend. Ours was very quiet. I did the laundry yesterday so while it feels like Monday I'm down one chore. Gina is doing good and sends her love. She'll be heading to her moms this Friday. Had to wait for Abbey to finish school. She is feeling much better though.
Well I best close for now and get my chores for Tuesday done. Love you all, Hugs, Jan

mamaquilt
May 31st, 2011, 12:23 PM
Monday or Tuesday, I'm glad I did my chores in the garden yesterday, because today it is raining. A much needed rain. Actually it only rained in the morning, now it is grey and dump. Hopefully we'll get some more.

Have a nice evening all of you. Back to the sewing machine!!!

toggpine
May 31st, 2011, 01:53 PM
Morning All!
We had a busy weekend at home. I can report that all of the barns are clean from their winter deep-bedding, all of the feed and watering equipment has been washed and sanitized. All the animals have had their hooves trimmed and been dewormed. The lawns are mowed and the weed-eater got a work out. The veggie garden is current on weeding. I have the clematis bed at the west end of the house all cleaned out. Nearly done with the orchard bed and made significant progress on the grass removal from graveled area in front of the barn. We also went and bought the paint for the outside of our house while it was on sale. Hopefully by mid-July our house will be Star-Spangled Blue with Bridal Veil White trim. I am pretty sick of the dreary fog gray that it is now.
The weather held for the weekend. It is now producing a nice sprinkle out there. I am fine with that! No feelings of guilt for not going out and digging at more of the grass and weeds!
I am snack mom for the next two days at school, so my sewing time will be limited.
Blondie, I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that likes to have things clean, even where most people won't notice! They don't get done as often as the easily visible stuff, but still nice to know they are done. Now if I could figure out how to keep the fir needles from being tracked in the house! Two mats at the top of the deck stairs and one at the door outside and a rug in the entry still don't seem to be able to stop those buggers from invading my kitchen floor. Oh well, I guess that is why we have brooms!
Well, that should be enough rambling for now! I need to go shake the little miss out of her sleepy tree so we can go to the grocery to find some appropriate pre-school snacks for the next two days!
Take care of you! Hugs, Cathy

SuzyQue
May 31st, 2011, 03:25 PM
Still picking up sticks that littered my large yard after the wind storm of last night. No damage, but these sticks. I love my old trees and all the shade they provide, but am missing my kids that use to help with the "stick party". They thought it was like an Easter egg hunt at one time, but the 15 year old still at home, is way past that stage! My newly scrubbed front porch came through the storm nicely.....not spotless now, but still very clean! It doesn't take long for the bugs to spot it up! It provides a shady spot to rest between stick loads. I think I have earned a sewing time this afternoon, after I finish these lovely sticks! I think I will cut out some new pj's for me for summer. That thought on my mind.........off to gather more wood!

Susan M
May 31st, 2011, 08:03 PM
Had a busy weekend helping my daughter clean out her garage and watching the grandkids. After I left my daughter took my grandson, R.J. to take a nap on the couch with her. After a quick nap they got up and when my daughter turned around R.J. had gotten himself "dressed" in his sister's clothes. What a sight that must have been. It has been too hot around here to do too much. I actually looked forward to going to work with the air conditioning! My son is suppose to come over and put my air conditioners in....can't wait. Beware of the bears!!!!

Dragonfly
May 31st, 2011, 08:53 PM
Hi everyone, I hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend. It is actually Wednesday morning here and talk about unwanted visitors, the tickle I had in my throat yesterday became a full on throat infection over night...oh well it is officially winter as of today so I guess it's par for course. On the bright side, I'm off to have lunch with my daughter today, so here's hoping I don't pass on any germs.

Sleep well my friends.

patticakes
May 31st, 2011, 09:29 PM
A late hello to everyone!
Very nice here today with sunshine, then a few stormy clouds blew by and now the sun is shining and that darn humidity is gone. Beautiful breeze blowing and I just came in from eating a quiet dinner on the patio. BF is off to men's night outdoor bowling and dinner at the club and you know what that means??? I get to sew!! I've slipped on a comfy house dress and am going to work on sewing the B & W quilt blocks together.
I will stop by later when I get on to check up on all my bloggies!

Blondie
May 31st, 2011, 10:24 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/GN/evening.jpg

Good evening, ladies
A fairly uneventful day; I am in a funky mood. Come down here and slap it out of me Patticakes! Not anything I can put my finger on; normal nuisance junk that I need to put my big girl panties on for. If I don't get over this mood, my big girl panties will have a stinking load! LOL. hmm, wonder what the moon is in. I am too lazy to look out the window.

Cathy, I like a clean house, too, my floor always needs sweeping but my oven and fridge are right clean.

Lynn, sure hope you get over that sore throat. Mine right now is from sinus/allergy junk this time of year. Anyway you slice it, it is miserable! ((((Feel better, sweetie pie.))))

I have been so hit and miss with my reading on here recently - is our Jill (JR) doing okay? I suspect she is in the midst recently of study and exams.

I am not worried about the bear - I won't go out in the twilight times - silly me, am too afraid of spider webs. hahaha. Hubs thinks of stepping on snakes and here we are with a bear in the woods. We are nutsy! Actually, we have a lot of wildlife and I do mean wildlife in our 50 plus acres. There has been some kind of big cat off and on for the past several years - which is one reason I no longer have chickens or goats, Cathy. Have never been able to get a pic of it - the sound of it's scream or whatever you call it is enough for me. And the usual other critters, coons, possum, fox, deer, coyote, & whatever poor dog or cat people like to dump off in the country, etc.
I did sew a few little blocks today. Couldn't motivate myself to do much.
Reckon it's time to sleep this off and wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed.
Waving to my sisters, all - special howdies to Jan, Crafty Sam, Debi W (praying for she and her Dad), Rebecca - Lenie!! Michele! our Mary in Oz and hmm, everyone else I am having a brain fog on - you KNOW who you are. Hugs and loads of love to ALL !!!