PDA

View Full Version : How much will we get done?

asta
April 3rd, 2014, 11:54 AM
So, Mother-in-law and husbands cousin are on their way over to sew for the day. Not sure how this will go but hopefully all is well. Since MIL can not do stairs and my sewing room is in the basement, with the help of DH we have moved the ironing station to the den, cutting station to the entry way and put the leaf in the dining room table and all is set. I really hope all the work is worth it.
Wish me luck quilters!

sewluvit
April 3rd, 2014, 12:50 PM
It should be fun! I had my DD visit for a couple days for a sewing session and another time my friend spent a day sewing with me and both times were really fun!

BobW
April 3rd, 2014, 02:06 PM
Good luck and have fun.

WendyI
April 3rd, 2014, 02:30 PM
sounds like a fun day. Enjoy.

MayinJerset
April 3rd, 2014, 02:35 PM
Your MIL will appreciate your moving everything for her easy access and you'll have a fun quilting day. May

bubba
April 3rd, 2014, 02:43 PM
My sister, Paula, and I used to tole paint. We were actually quite good at it and had a nice little business going. I have a fabulous woodshop that puts my sewing room to shame! She would come over every couple weeks and we would trace the patterns onto wood and I would then cut everything out.

One day we did a pattern out of plywood, to save my soul, I can't remember what it even was. However, she felt that the wood was either too rough or the wood needed to be thinner, so she asked me to plane it down. Well, why bells and whistles at the request to plane down plywood were not going off is beyond me. The woodshop was in my basement which is about 25' wide. The planer, plywood and I were on one side of the basement and my sister was on the other side by the sander. I gingerly fed the plywood into the planer which caught it and sent it flying all over the room....one large piece narrowly missing Paula's head. I thought I'd wet my pants we were laughing so hard. Even as I type this years later, I'm laughing about it all over again. What good times we used to have!

SallyO'Sews
April 3rd, 2014, 03:37 PM
Enjoy! Hope you have a wonderful time with your mother-in-love and cousin. Be sure to post pics of what you accomplish!

Simply Quilting
April 3rd, 2014, 05:26 PM
Sounds like a fun day. Enjoy :) Looking forward to seeing what you get done.

Hulamoon
April 3rd, 2014, 06:16 PM
It sounds great you have different stations. I hope you guys have lot's of fun!

asta
April 3rd, 2014, 07:18 PM
The day went very smoothly-except when MIL fell off the chair, thank goodness my husband was home by that time and was able to help her get up. I did get a lot done...
MIL got a table runner quilted, first time FMQ for her and cousin got some adorable American Girl clothes made for her grand daughters.
All in all a very nice time.

kelliedi
April 3rd, 2014, 07:24 PM
well maybe it is the renewal of a relationship that gets done,,,,,

Kgrammiecaz
April 3rd, 2014, 07:24 PM
Sounds like you had a great time. It is fun to do crafts with others. Cant help but have a good time especially if you get silly