PDA

View Full Version : I'm down!!!

RFREE
May 30th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Well ladies I am down:icon_rolleyes:I stepped off the back porch at 10:00 this morning and my ankle rolled and I heard it pop. Well like the stubborn person I am I just put it off and went on with what I what I was doing and after about 4 hours I couldn't even touch it to the floor. It started hurting so bad I got sick to my stomach.With it being a holiday none of the Dr's offices are open and I can't afford another ER bill so I will tough it out til tomorrow.I have it wrapped in an ace and putting heat and cold altering every 15 minutes. I plan on going on in to work(I have a pair of crutches) and making me an appointment if it is still hurting me.I guess when it rains it pours for me.ya ya ya what will happen next???

Sandy Navas
May 30th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Oh, Rhonda! I am feeling for you. Why is it that things like this always happen over the weekend or on holidays? I pray your are not going to be suffering with a cast!!!!

quiltingtrish
May 30th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Oh Rhonda - OUCH! I fell down the stairs one time in Germany and suffered through the night with my hurt ankle. I did finally go to the doctors and they said it was just a bad sprain. So, I'm hoping that's all that you did. Alternating the heat and ice is good. I hope by now it isn't feeling too badly.

Hugs,

Mimis-quilts
May 30th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Ouch!!!!!!!!!! Hope it isn't broken. Ice and ibuprofen, elevate it, don't walk on it. Hope it gets better quickly!

Loonwatcher
May 30th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Oh no Rhonda! That sounds painful. I must agree with Mimi Pat's advice and your icing. Poor you! I hope it isn't broken and you feel better soon.

SuzyQue
May 30th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Rhonda-----what a streak of bad luck and school is almost out! When I broke my foot, I was told only ice....no heat, it causes swelling. I hope you get to feeling better soon, but it sounds like maybe it might be broken. Let us know. Wish I lived closer so I could help. Right or left? Will you still be able to sew???

patticakes
May 31st, 2011, 12:55 AM
I winced when I read this Rhonda....poor girl! I hope the morning finds you feeling better and not too terribly sore. Good luck at the Drs.

bakermom
May 31st, 2011, 03:45 AM
Oh no! I hope nothing is broken. that sounds suspiciously like my injury. Not a fun thing. i hope elevation and ice give you relief but if not, please get it checked out. I thought about just toughing it out but after i saw my xray I'm glad i went to the ER. Take care.

mamaquilt
May 31st, 2011, 04:55 AM
I feel so sorry for you Rhonda. Hopefully your remedies will help you. It's just to bad all the nasty things happen on WE.
Lets hope that's the end of the bad things.
Quick recovery!!!!

lhayes1976
May 31st, 2011, 07:30 AM
Ouch--here's to a speedy recovery. Take care.

debinmalaga
May 31st, 2011, 04:55 PM
Ooh, I hope it's not broken! Update us asap, please!

Susan M
May 31st, 2011, 06:46 PM
OMG so sorry about your ankle. Hopefully it is nothing too serious. Take the old tylenol and keep up with the hot/cold. Let us know what happens.

RFREE
May 31st, 2011, 09:11 PM
Rhonda-----what a streak of bad luck and school is almost out! When I broke my foot, I was told only ice....no heat, it causes swelling. I hope you get to feeling better soon, but it sounds like maybe it might be broken. Let us know. Wish I lived closer so I could help. Right or left? Will you still be able to sew???
Left foot. Yea I will be able to sew. I have a computerized Brother machine and haven't used a peddle in a long time. My last day of work was today thank goodness:) Thanks for asking SuzyQue.

Blondie
May 31st, 2011, 10:37 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/funnies/what.gif

There's one in every family - ! Poor dear, I will be more than glad to have YOU be the one in this MSQC family. At least you can sew.