PDA

View Full Version : Bring back the snow!

DCM
April 3rd, 2014, 09:14 AM
I'll take a snow storm over a tornado warning any day! I hope everyone in the path of this morning's storms are okay.

cindyinohio
April 3rd, 2014, 09:46 AM
Stay safe. I'm sooooo sick of winter, but not looking forward to the severe summer storms.

Patio Gal
April 3rd, 2014, 10:52 AM
Being in Oklahoma nearly all my life, I take consolation that tornados usually hop, skip and jump around. but they are scarey...and then there are the really bad ones and your heart just aches for those folks and you donate what you can. Just yesterday, I filled my unused shower, by the interior hallway with pillows, coats, flashlights and radio(with new batteries) and cheese crackers. I think there is still room for a couple of my quilts.....And Ilove snow storms...all comes to a halt and I quilt with no demands or interruptions!

JCY
April 3rd, 2014, 10:59 AM
The snow came back to Colorado today. We have ~1.5" of wet snow on the grassy areas. The mts. were expected to get 4-8". Snow pack in the mts. exceeds normal levels, so we're all concerned about spring run-off in our local streams & rivers since the ground is so saturated from the devastating flood last Sept. Crews are feverishly working to remove debris which remains from the Sept. flood. I look as today's snow as free watering of the lawn, since it's still too cold to risk turning on the sprinkler system. JCY

kmerfeld
April 3rd, 2014, 11:06 AM
While I do not like tornado warnings I am also SO OVER WINTER!! Between the extreme cold and all the snow this year I am so done with it

sidesaddles
April 3rd, 2014, 12:21 PM
And here in New Mexico, we are begging for moisture in any form,