PDA

View Full Version : Thursday - what a difference a week can make

Blondie
April 3rd, 2014, 06:50 AM

It's Thursday Folksies!

It seems so strange to feel warmth when inside or out, I am keeping my fingers crossed. It is April after all! My heart is rejoicing over Spring! Let all the melting of unwanted snow begin!

I've had a little time this week to sew. It's been one of those weeks where my days are scattered all over the place. So has my heart. Please keep all of our loved ones here close to your heart and prayers. I have received some horse fabric in the mail for Bridget Crumb, waiting for a few more to get moving on her COC. I have started one for her Mom and it needs joining finished (I QAYG) and then binding. Hoping that one will be complete tonite. I will be stitching in between clients. I received the sweetest fabric recently from a member that is perfect for her COC. Even when we are in an uncomfortable place, remember that you are always someone's sunshine.

Keep those teeth brushed and show off your smile.

dwil23
April 3rd, 2014, 07:15 AM
Good Morning!

I'm up waay tooooo early. Had hoped to sleep in a little, but my precious four legged friends had other ideas.

I spent yesterday washing drying and folding fabrics. Some I had since the earl 2000's.It was amazing to see the price tags. I remember always checking out the $1 a yard table for bargains, and boy did I find some! I just wish at that price I would have bought more than a yard. I am concerned though, because I KNOW I had a large bin/tote full of fabrics and I have not found that. There are some specific ones I can remember that I will be very upset if they are gone.

Today we have some errands to run, then off to put more things away at the new house. I still have the inside of two closets to paint. UGH. Guess I will do that, DD doesn't seem to be able to find the time. The kittens are now four weeks old and just precious. Three are climbing out of the box. The little runt is not quite there yet - she is my favorite.

Prayers for all who need them - Have a Blessed day!

Bubby
April 3rd, 2014, 08:03 AM
Morning,

We are expecting severe storms all day and through the night with a high possibility of large hail, high winds, severe lightning and tornados. I'm disconnecting our computers and other electronics and gathering together our important papers and meds. The Girls and I will take cover in my closet if we get hit bad while Jeff is gone to work today. Our home is a partial-contact earth home and the closet backs up to the earth. It's so warm already this morning that you could wear shorts and flip flops. That weather front will be colliding with a cold front- hence the bad forecast. I had a haircut scheduled this morning but that will have to wait.

Wishing everyone a safe day. If you are in the path of the current storm I pray you will be protected.

Madeforyouinma11
April 3rd, 2014, 08:07 AM
Good morning ! I love Maxine! Not loving how she's reminding me of my spring cleaning duties...LOL I will be doing that over the next couple weeks...ugh.
Donna, I hope you find your bin of missing fabrics. I would be frantic.
Well, I think I am finally getting the cold that everyone else in the family has had twice. It's not too bad. I'm still not convinced it's not just my allergies.
I have a couple small projects to finish up today, so it's the sewing room for me. I had Julia yesterday so not much sewing got done...only during her nap time.
Hoping everyone has a sunshiny day. Prayers to all who need them and ((hugs)) to those who want one.
Barb, be safe! Sounds like a scary day to me. Tornados scare the bejesus outta me.

Monique
April 3rd, 2014, 08:15 AM
Good morning friends. Hubby has "THE COLD". I am staying far away from him. Phil and Jodi took Maizyn back to emergency again yesterday. My poor wee one is sick. They were told it is a virus this time and not related to the episode from the night before. Please pray that she gets well soon.

I did not do much yesterday although I did get some quilting done. There is an auction sale tonight that I want to attend. Should be interesting. And I am taking my friend from across the street, she has never been to an auction sale.

The snow is really melting around here. It is looking mighty dirty though.

All those having storms, please stay safe.

Have a great day friends.

EnumclawGramma
April 3rd, 2014, 08:19 AM
Good Morning! I'm up! I tried to go back to sleep but it just wasn't happening. Ugh. So, I can do this.....

Barb PLEASE be safe! Check in when you can, ok? I remember (living in Kansas when I was young) that weird feeling in the air on a day like this. Eerie. So, yes....please check in! Praying for your safety!

Thursday is my loooong day, DH goes into the city after work to have dinner and watch movies or just have man time with my Joshua. So he's never home before 8. I'm thinking of doing a little therapy shopping, since this is my only day with no plans. I need new sheets.

Our German Shepherd, Sasha, somehow managed to cut open a toe (badly) on Tuesday. I had to take her to the vet yesterday. They had to put her under anesthesia to sew it up. She's in a boot now with the cone of shame, on pain meds. Poor baby. My poor budget. And that's all I'm sayin' about that.....

Yesterday we had more sunshine and it was wonderful! It sure gives you a little extra dose of energy, doesn't it? Today the rain returns, but that's ok because "April showers......"

I'm going to finish this cup of coffee and play with fabric for a bit before everyone gets up. Hugs/Prayers for you if you want/need. And speaking of............anyone heard from Sandy this AM?

buckeyequilter
April 3rd, 2014, 08:22 AM
http://www.comments20.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Spring-Graphics22.gif

Good morning...

My thoughts and prayers are with Sandy and her family this morning.

It's rainy here today...I must have slept soundly last night, DH said the thunder woke him....what thunder????

I am working on binding a couple of quilts now, so that will take a while. I guess I'll work on binding quilts when I get home. I keep telling myself "DO NOT start anything else until these quilts are completely finished", I have to talk to myself like I used to talk to the kids. I also think I'm worse than the kids, ignoring myself.

If you are in the path of the severe storms - please stay safe and check in when you can.

Well need to get busy...have a wonderful day. Prayers and hugs

MRoy
April 3rd, 2014, 08:31 AM
Good morning! We're having April thunderstorms here that could get worse this evening. Hope I don't have to go to the basement. Barb, stay safe. I did some spring cleaning on the sewing studio yesterday and cleaned the windows so the rain could spot them up again. Oh well....

Hugs and prayers today for all who need them.

cindyinohio
April 3rd, 2014, 08:50 AM
G'morning all.
Yesterday I reorganized my stash into colors...I tend to mess them up. It took all afternoon! I need more storage space! Hadn't planned on doing that but MIL gave me a box of pieces, so I had t make space.
Today headed to Weight Watchers and then get lab work done for gallbladder surgery next week.
Have a blessed day!!!

Sandy Navas
April 3rd, 2014, 09:59 AM
I'm here. Big empty, gnawing space in my gut . . . no rhyme nor reason. No contact. Prayers, please.

Mom23
April 3rd, 2014, 10:01 AM
Oh Sandy, I have been so worried for you. Of course, prayers are being said for you and the family.

I'm here. Big empty, gnawing space in my gut . . . no rhyme nor reason. No contact. Prayers, please.

Madeforyouinma11
April 3rd, 2014, 10:14 AM

Sandy, I cannot stop thinking of you. I sit here trying to think of a logical reason and cannot come up with one. She has to know that you and Al are sick with worry. Did they pack their things or are they still there? I would go to SIL place of employment and wait for him to come out and find out what is going on.
Praying for you to get some answers today.

MayinJerset
April 3rd, 2014, 10:17 AM
Lucky to have some nice calm weather here in Jersey. Yesterday I cut the rest of the pieces for my Star of Bethlehem quilt show quilt, This morning I'll put the last 6 blocks together and begin assembling the whole top. It isn't a big quilt, maybe 40 x 40 but so many small pieces and half of them half square triangles that are time consuming to make. Also need to border and bind a mini quilt, want to show it at Sunday' guild meeting and then I'll donate it to be one of many that will be part of a mini raffle at our quilt show in May. Anxious to see what small quilts other guild members are donating for the mini raffle.

Next I need to come up with an interesting layout for the 12 shoe blocks I received in a guild swap a few years ago. Everyone who make a block keep asking me when am I going to put them into a quilt and, dumb me, said I'll have it done for the quilt show. I probably can do it if I work on it every day but the layout is what is the delay. I really need to do more than just sash the blocks in rows of 3 across and 4 down but haven't found an easy way to do it.

.72551Hugs and Smiles to all and prayers to those in need while hoping to hear some good news from our pal Sandy

WendyI
April 3rd, 2014, 10:23 AM
Sandy thinking of you and your family today for sure.

Today is not a good day for me...'nuff said. Hope you all stay sunny, dry and warm with no major wind. xox

Miss Sheri
April 3rd, 2014, 10:30 AM
Good Morning Kind Friends,
((((Sandy!)))), ((((Wendy!)))), ((((Barb!))))
Many Hugs and Prayers!, Love ya all. . . Praying for a better day, a day with good answers, well being, health, and safety.
With Kindest regards, Sheri

rebeccas-sewing
April 3rd, 2014, 11:10 AM
I had really hoped Sandy would be telling us all is well. Very disturbing to read that she still has no answers. Nothing much going on here. My excuse for not walking is that both my bras are in the washing machine! hahaha Working on a Star Wars quilt for a friend's son. Just about to start quilting it. I hope it won't be difficult since I'm stitching in the ditch on this one. I always worry when I come to intersections that I'll get unwanted tucks. I spray basted it and will also do some pinning. I guess I'm officially part of this new house. I just went out front and did some trimming to the Hydrangea bushes. It feels kinda weird doing yard work in someone else's yard.

GrammaBabs
April 3rd, 2014, 11:23 AM
For those dealing with that "cold in the gut feeling" today...(and that is my best description of it).. I pray for you and that all are safe and things get better... May God watch over you and help you thru this... it's all too familiar and hasn't been long enough for me to forget "if ever".. so know that GB is here thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts... Keep us posted if you can...Hugs, Barbara

Simply Quilting
April 3rd, 2014, 11:44 AM
Morning. It felt weird last night as hubby was having a sleep study done so he was gone all night. About 4AM I had to get up to go to the bathroom and the dog thought that she needed to go out as well, I told her to just go back to bed as it was raining out (which it did most of the night). She hates to go out in the rain and I knew that she didn't have to go out. She just walked over to her bed and went to sleep.

I got called to work in the lunchroom today. I'm really hoping the "no tax raise" bond issue passes on Tuesday. The elementary school starts the first group for lunch 10:30 AM and the last group is done just after 1PM. The lunch room is so small only one grade can be in the lunchroom at a time. I've said anyone who doesn't think we need a new lunchroom needs to come spend one day in the lunchroom then see what their opinion is.

As far as spring cleaning, we had a couple days last week that put me in the mood to clean. But we've had a cold snap come through that put that idea out the window.

{{{{HUGS}}}} to our gals who need them. Sandy, I'm praying that you know something quickly. Wendy, hope the pain eases soon. Barb, be safe.

Have a blessed day everyone :)

auntiemern
April 3rd, 2014, 01:10 PM
Good day all. Had a very fitful night thinking about our DF Sandy and her family. Prayed for them every time I woke up. Very worrisome. People don't just walk away from their family, lives and belongings for no reason. May have to take my butt out there this weekend and give my friend some love and comfort.
Oldest GD had a thing at her new school last night. She will start middle school in the fall...new friends...changing classes...lockers. I am surely more stressed over it than her. Granny doesn't like her babies growing up.
Been working on a quilt from Jenny's new tut. I has been fun. Gonna try to get that top done today.
Continuing to pray for Sandy. Love DF....if you need ANYTHING...call.

EmmaB
April 3rd, 2014, 03:44 PM
Finally getting here today!

Sandy, just know I'm thinking of you and hope things are resolved. I thought sure I would see some good news from you or a rant or something. What the heck! I really hope you find out something soon.

Tornados are possible in my area today and we are under a watch until 7:00. For the first time this year I was not pleased to see the sun shining so bright today. Don't want to make the storms worse than they will be. It went back behind the clouds for now.

Becca, I love your excuse for not walking today. I was reading along and WHAMMO there it was. Didn't expect that. Thanks for the chuckle!!

Thoughts, HUGS and prayers to everyone in need. There are quite a few of you today.