PDA

View Full Version : Even after all these years.....

bubba
April 3rd, 2014, 02:49 AM
In a little over a month (May 5) I will have worked at 911 for 31 years. Today I dispatched a call I dread. I am ever so grateful it had a good outcome.

Six year old girl got grabbed by a stranger. She kicked, she screamed, she fought.....her mom came running out of the house, the man let the girl go. From the time the mom called 911 to the time we were there and caught him was less than two minutes.

The 911 Gods were shining down on us today.

bkthomas
April 3rd, 2014, 02:50 AM
That is Good News, Thanks!!!!

Judy, USMC
April 3rd, 2014, 03:08 AM
Wonderful news - smart little girl! Every child should remember "Stranger = Danger." Never too young to teach them.

And thanks for being on duty - 911 WORKS!

rebeccas-sewing
April 3rd, 2014, 04:19 AM
I'm impressed with the response and so happy to hear the outcome. What a terrifying experience for mother and child. I'm so glad she was a feisty kid and screamed her head off. I've been told it's the right thing to do. You may get hurt but odds that you'll get away are better. Once you're taken the chances of a positive outcome go way down.

WendyI
April 3rd, 2014, 02:32 PM
Wow...that would have upset me so much. I'm so glad she was okay and they caught the creep!

Lisapc
April 3rd, 2014, 04:04 PM
You deserve to retire! Congrats on a job very well done.

EmmaB
April 3rd, 2014, 04:09 PM
Bless her baby heart!!! Her momma taught her right. Awesome response time! I could not do your job Pat but I'm so glad people like you can.

bubba
April 3rd, 2014, 04:34 PM
Lisa, that's the plan....hopefully next month??? Otherwise, my birthday the end of July....won't that be a grand birthday present to me??

Miss Sheri
April 3rd, 2014, 04:34 PM
Pat, you had my heart in my throat! I am a mamma bear, kind of protective of the little ones.

toggpine
April 3rd, 2014, 04:47 PM
Love you huge for what you and "your" squads of first responders do every single day.

:icon_hug:

bubba
April 3rd, 2014, 05:17 PM
:0 Thanks! Calls with kids are the worse.....my throat gets a huge lump in it, sometimes I am almost crying as I'm trying to talk on the radio. But to hear back from the deputies afterwards, makes it all better and worth while.

Bubby
April 3rd, 2014, 05:51 PM
Great news! I wish it happened that way every time.

maxwellthecat
April 4th, 2014, 01:15 AM
Thank god the little girl screamed and put up a fight. You've got to love happy endings, especially since they got the jerk. For all the wonderful people that work for 911 deserves so much praise and a big hug and pat on the back, including yourself {{{ HUGS }}}.
I also want to give thanks to the caring and wonderful EMT's.

:icon_hug::icon_tup: