PDA

View Full Version : @Sandy.....is everything okay??

WendyI
April 2nd, 2014, 08:51 PM
Did you find your DD? Hoping all is well.

Sandy Navas
April 2nd, 2014, 10:39 PM
Absolutely no idea of what's going on!!!! No idea of where she and the kids are. No phone calls being returned . . .

Very, very puzzling - and I know that it isn't anything that happened here . . .

If I didn't know she and my SIL were so straight-arrow I'd look into the witness protection program.

Sick, just sick.

Doloris
April 2nd, 2014, 10:55 PM
Sandy, has your SIL been going to work this week? At least you would know they are in the area.

dizzyLiz
April 2nd, 2014, 10:56 PM
Sandy, i hope you find them and all is well.

cindyinohio
April 2nd, 2014, 11:01 PM
Oh, Sandy! Prayers that you get some answers quickly.

Mpyles
April 2nd, 2014, 11:47 PM
Dear sandy, I am so sorry for your stress! It is quite puzzling, especially the whole phone turn off thing...I can't imagine what has happened but pray you get some resolution soon! Big hug!!!

Simply Quilting
April 2nd, 2014, 11:48 PM
Sandy, praying for you.

Lonna
April 2nd, 2014, 11:49 PM
Sandy my thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope you get an answer soon.

Ginny B
April 2nd, 2014, 11:54 PM
Oh my gosh Sandy, so sorry to hear about what's been going on. I can only imagine how sick with worry you are. {{{{HUGS}}}} I hope you hear from them soon and that all is ok.

pcbatiks
April 3rd, 2014, 12:04 AM
I'm just now reading about this, Sandy.........praying everything is okay and you get some answers soon!

Claire Hallman
April 3rd, 2014, 12:11 AM
I have thought about you and them all day, I hope there is a resolution and soon.

shermur
April 3rd, 2014, 01:15 AM
Oh Sandy, I hope you hear something soon....just know you have support here with your quilting pals, sweetie! Keep us updated...

MayinJerset
April 3rd, 2014, 01:27 AM
Have the girls been going to school? Is there anyway you can contacted hour DD's FIL? If they took him for cataract surgery as planned he might know where they are or where they may have been headed.

kensington
April 3rd, 2014, 01:34 AM
Nothing is worse than not knowing where your child is or your grandkids. My heart is just breaking for you.

auntiemern
April 3rd, 2014, 01:35 AM
Sandy, I am just sick with worry over what is going on. It is just so odd...Have you checked SIL's work? Is there anything else missing. have you talked to the authorities? Anyone else you could talk to or ask? Please keep us informed, and if you need or want to talk you have my #. Love you big bunches darlin'.

Miss Sheri
April 3rd, 2014, 01:44 AM
I've obviously missed something important here, but Sandy, from what I can gather here in this thread, my heart has gone out of my chest at the possibilities. YOU and THEY are in my thoughts and prayers, hold fast to your faith, sweet friend.

OK, found the original post, (I had to leave early this morning and had only seen a few posts since.)
Has everyone 'packed up' or are all their things still there? Can you check to see if the kids have been at school?, SIL at work? I'm sorry, so sorry, I'm sure you've tried every possible avenue available to you by this time. Praying with all my heart.

snippet
April 3rd, 2014, 02:08 AM
I'm adding my concern to your situation. I can not imagine how you are feeling, because here I am so far away not knowing your family but still I'm worried sick about it. You must be going crazy. Please keep us updated. I'm praying for y'all.

kensington
April 3rd, 2014, 02:17 AM
I've obviously missed something important here, but Sandy, from what I can gather here in this thread, my heart has gone out of my chest at the possibilities. YOU and THEY are in my thoughts and prayers, hold fast to your faith, sweet friend.

OK, found the original post, (I had to leave early this morning and had only seen a few posts since.)
Has everyone 'packed up' or are all their things still there? Can you check to see if the kids have been at school?, SIL at work? I'm sorry, so sorry, I'm sure you've tried every possible avenue available to you by this time. Praying with all my heart.

I believe the kids are Homeschooled, if I remember correctly.

toggpine
April 3rd, 2014, 02:36 AM
I am checking in, and will be adding my prayers to everyone else's.

I also thought about the witness protection program, especially if they saw something they shouldn't have.

auntiemern
April 3rd, 2014, 02:55 AM
The longer it goes with no news the more concerned I am. I cannot imagine all of them just disappearing. Prayers being said for all of you.

Mchelem
April 3rd, 2014, 03:03 AM
I don't know what's going on, but if I couldn't get in touch with my child, my grandchildren or my SIL ( if I had a SIL and grandkids) I would call the police and have them do a wellness check???

It's been 24 hours based off the posts on here, so I imagine they could look into things for you.

GuitarGramma
April 3rd, 2014, 03:23 AM
Sandy, I'm so worried for all your family. I'll be praying for you and for them. Please let us know what you can, when you can.

Divine Daisy
April 3rd, 2014, 04:15 AM
Sandy, I just caught up with this. Goodness how awful for you. Keep us up to date when you can.

rebeccas-sewing
April 3rd, 2014, 04:15 AM
This is very disturbing news. I was probably sleeping when Sandy posted so I'm not aware of what was said originally. I just pray that they will turn up and all will be well. I can only imagine what they are going through right now.

Iris Girl
April 3rd, 2014, 05:19 AM
Soi sorry for all this stress for you Sandy. Sending wishes that everything will be ok and an answer will be there for you. Such a scary time for you and them. My thoughts are with you.

buckeyequilter
April 3rd, 2014, 06:24 AM
So sorry Sandy, I am praying for you and that everything is ok. Like someone else said, maybe you can have the authorities do a wellness check, but you might have to know where they are. I don't know how much time has to pass to file a missing persons report.

Monique
April 3rd, 2014, 08:21 AM
Sandy thinking of you. xoxoxoxo

Cathy F
April 3rd, 2014, 08:22 AM
I'm just now reading this post, Sandy I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry you and your husband are in this situation.

Suzette
April 3rd, 2014, 08:31 AM
Hey Sandy, I just found this thread and wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. My heart just aches for you. I am praying for all concerned. I can't imagine the anguish. Hugs!!

Madeforyouinma11
April 3rd, 2014, 08:36 AM
Sandy, this is terrible! I would be checking everywhere they could possibly be! Are your phones working again? It's so strange that everyone is gone...doesn't make sense. I'll be praying that all is ok. Please keep us posted.

MRoy
April 3rd, 2014, 08:39 AM
Sandy, I'm thinking of you and your family and praying that everyone is okay. I hope your daughter or SIL will contact you soon and let you know what's going on.

Sandy Navas
April 3rd, 2014, 10:09 AM
All we know right now is that they are somewhere in the area. I really don't want to go into search and seize mode with authorities without knowing what prompted their departure . . . I have to assume they will make contact when they can and all I can do is sit and worry. They left all personal stuff - it isn't even obvious that they took anything other than the clothes on their backs. Very, very puzzling. I've left messages and know they have the ipad - nothing being returned or acknowledged. I keep thinking of the ex (Amanda's Dad) and Ezra's Dad and possible threats . . . but then why wouldn't they say something to us? No one has been around hunting for them either.

Prayers are most appreciated.

Hulamoon
April 3rd, 2014, 10:18 AM
oh dear Sandy. When you pm'd me about the pattern and mentioned this I didn't know what you were talking about. Then I found this thread. I hope it's not going to be some weird dangerous situation. Prayers and (((hugs)))

Doloris
April 3rd, 2014, 10:18 AM
most curious is why did they cancel your phones? Did they cancel the whole contract, or just your phones. If they canceled the whole thing, then maybe they have new numbers too, or no phones at all. Are you able to go online and see if there has been any activity on those lines?
I'm trying to think of possibilities, but keep coming up dry, and I'm sure you have thought of them all too.
11 people just don't disappear into thin air

WendyI
April 3rd, 2014, 10:21 AM
Her phones weren't cancelled Dolores...the service was just out. Don't think it's only Sandy that was affected.

Sandy I sure hope you hear from them soon and when you do make sure they know what they put you through. It's very unfair. If you have a system of communication it shouldn't be broken without prior warning. I know they have their own life and can do what they want to, but if that's what they want to do they should give you a heads up...like "look, at any time we may decide to just up and head out. Please don't worry if we do". kwim? Sending virtual ((((HUGS)))) while you worry.

Doloris
April 3rd, 2014, 10:26 AM
Brief Update. Though we have absolutely NO idea why, she cancelled our telephone plan - we've all been on a family plan for over 10 years . . ....

this was posted yesterday.

WendyI
April 3rd, 2014, 11:32 AM
oh...I did not see that...now "I'M" confused. Sandy please keep us posted.

Madeforyouinma11
April 3rd, 2014, 11:39 AM
Her phones weren't cancelled Dolores...the service was just out. Don't think it's only Sandy that was affected.

Sandy I sure hope you hear from them soon and when you do make sure they know what they put you through. It's very unfair. If you have a system of communication it shouldn't be broken without prior warning. I know they have their own life and can do what they want to, but if that's what they want to do they should give you a heads up...like "look, at any time we may decide to just up and head out. Please don't worry if we do". kwim? Sending virtual ((((HUGS)))) while you worry.

They did cancel her phones.....http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/general-chit-chat/36935-wednesday-greetings-3.html

Hulamoon
April 3rd, 2014, 12:27 PM
I think I would be calling the police now. This sounds scary to me. I don't want to sound funny but even the dog is gone?

K. McEuen
April 3rd, 2014, 12:54 PM
For those that suggested wellness checks - it would be hard to call the authorities and have a wellness check done on your own home. Sandy's daughter lives in the same house. I think I would go to their church and see if the priest or anyone there knows anything. I'd also be haunting SIL's place of employment.

When this all started in the back of my head I was wondering if this was some elaborate April Fool's prank. I would seriously be smacking my kid if that turns out to be what it is ...

Even when they are adults we worry about them and you have all the grands added into the mix. You are in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy and good outcome to this, Sandy. The waiting and wondering has to be killing you.

easyquilts
April 3rd, 2014, 12:54 PM
Sandy.... I hope you are OK.... PRAYERS.

mommadeb
April 3rd, 2014, 01:02 PM
Many, many hugs and prayers out to all of you.

alliek
April 3rd, 2014, 01:09 PM
Prayers for your family Sandy. God Bless. My heart aches for you.

Panda
April 3rd, 2014, 01:22 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you for a good outcome.

Kathy

SuzyQue
April 3rd, 2014, 01:24 PM
Many prayers from here, Sandy. I can't even begin to imagine your heart ache! How odd and confusing this situation is to everyone. How quiet your home must be today. I will be off line most of the day, but will check in when weather permits. Our phone lines took a lightening strike last night so we must continue to shut down the computer in any stormy weather. I will continue to pray till I hear your good news!

Klasien
April 3rd, 2014, 01:34 PM
I must have missed the original thread....this is so sad.
You are in my thoughts and prayers Sandy, and so is Al!
I hope you get contact soon!

(((( hugs)))))

songbird857
April 3rd, 2014, 01:47 PM
Praying for a speedy resolution to all of this! {{{{{Sandy}}}}}

Mimis-quilts
April 3rd, 2014, 01:53 PM
Sandy...like everyone else, I too will keep you and your family in my thought and prayers. They didn't by any chance go on Spring Break somewhere, did they? Hope you hear something soon...I can only imagine your worry!

Lilly
April 3rd, 2014, 02:14 PM
Sandy - my kids can be so independent at times and if they think they are safe they have no clue as to why I would be concerned. Dumb Kids! But prayers never hurt and I'm so glad you turned to us here. I'm adding my prayers. What a tough thing to have to go through. I hope you have a good support system to take your mind off your worry.

laf512
April 3rd, 2014, 02:19 PM
Praying for you and your family! I hope you find some answers soon.

HandsOffItsMine
April 3rd, 2014, 03:13 PM
Send you pm like many I'm sure. I'm with Karen, chasing down SIL's work place, anyone who might be in connection with them. AND if this as a big prank, some heads will roll after I hug them to death.

Prayers and we all hope you hear something soon.

Mpyles
April 3rd, 2014, 03:45 PM
Do they have facebook? Or any of the girls?

Lisapc
April 3rd, 2014, 04:03 PM
Disgusting if this was an April fools prank. I certainly hope the children and her DD and SIL are alright.

auntiemern
April 3rd, 2014, 05:35 PM
I highly doubt this is an April fool's prank. They are a little old for that kind of childeshness. No to mention the phones being turned off. Still praying DF

Genny
April 3rd, 2014, 06:37 PM
I must have missed the original post too but from what I've been reading my heart is in my throat and I'm worried sick for Sandy and her family. Prayers for their safety and I hope Sandy hears from them soon.

Carol336
April 3rd, 2014, 06:56 PM
How horrible for you Sandy. I'm praying for their safety and that you'll hear from them soon. I just can't imagine what you must be going through.....sending a hugh {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} to you and your DH...hang in there

Jean Sewing Machine
April 3rd, 2014, 06:59 PM
So scared for you and the family! Prayers at every moment when I think of this situation.

Shirley
April 3rd, 2014, 07:25 PM
Dear Sandy, not sure of everything , but do know you are in my prayers!!!! Please, please, keep us posted when you can.

dizzyLiz
April 3rd, 2014, 07:53 PM
Sandy,
Just checking to see if there is word from your daughter. I'm praying for all of you.

Grandma G
April 3rd, 2014, 08:37 PM
Oh, my gosh - I am just seeing this. I pray everything is okay. I know I would be a basket case if my kid or grandkids were missing. I hope you find out something very soon.

Slokarma
April 3rd, 2014, 08:56 PM
Just reading thru this, it sounds very very scary. My mind keeps going towards those women who run when they are being battered, but I've never heard of the whole family running....Geeze, it is so difficult to have to change ID's and addresses etc. I would check work, I would even call there as an emergency phone call. My mind would be in overdrive.

I really hope this is a misunderstanding and all will make sense very, very soon.
Prayers....
Sue

Lissau
April 3rd, 2014, 10:04 PM
(((((((((((sandy)))))))))))))

Miss Sheri
April 3rd, 2014, 10:20 PM
So scared for you and the family! Prayers at every moment when I think of this situation.

Exactly what Jean said, I've been praying, and checking in all day long.

EmmaB
April 3rd, 2014, 10:31 PM
Checking in

Thinking of you Sandy

Nidan_07
April 3rd, 2014, 10:42 PM
Sandy, I am only just seeing this and from what I have read, you must be beside yourself with anxiety. I can not imagine your turmoil. I hope all is okay and gets resolved for you as quick as possible. All the very best!!

sewbizzy
April 3rd, 2014, 11:27 PM
Sandy, I am just catching up with your posts...I am praying for you and your family...hugs and blessings...

AuntieVic
April 3rd, 2014, 11:53 PM
Sandy, just checking in to see if any news. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Huggs

aliaslaceygreen
April 4th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Oh, dear Sandy! I have got to stay in the loop, I am JUST seeing this...and am at a loss for words. truly. I know how close those girls are to you, and cant imagine what they have been told about just up and leaving...and, goodness... (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))) because I don't know what else there is to say, but to wrap you in the warmth of loving arms.... peace to you and your family....

New York Sue
April 4th, 2014, 10:22 AM
I've just caught up with all of this now....
JAYZEE, chica..... SIGH. Another SIGH...
Please contact law enforcement ASAP, if you haven't done so already! This is a highly UNUSUAL occurrence, with many young ones involved. I know you've done your forensics, but LE will have more access to phone records, and such. STATE POLICE, chica!! Something is awfully amiss.....
I can appreciate your respect for their privacy and yours, but you NEED answers!
I can't even BEGIN to believe what your grandchildren are thinking or going through....

You know, me and prayers. Not so much.
I'm PLEADING with the 'Big Guy', that you find some solace, my friend....

Lenie
April 4th, 2014, 12:19 PM
This is so horrible, Sandy, I'm burning a candle for you and your dear ones tonight. Thinking of you.

Peggi
April 4th, 2014, 11:59 PM
Please contact law enforcement ASAP, if you haven't done so already! This is a highly UNUSUAL occurrence, with many young ones involved. I know you've done your forensics, but LE will have more access to phone records, and such. STATE POLICE, chica!! Something is awfully amiss.....
I can appreciate your respect for their privacy and yours, but you NEED answers!

I agree strongly with this. The whole 24-hour-waiting-period is crap, by the way. Something that Hollywood came up with. I was a police dispatcher for a very large municipality, and there is no such law in my state. If you have reason to be concerned (and it sounds like you do) REPORT IT ASAP! Time is your enemy!

The police will be able to investigate areas that you are unable to, and if it turns out that your family is okay but for some reason doesn't want contact, then the police will be able to relay that info to you.

ETA: I just found yet another thread (all these threads on the same topic, I'm SO confused!) with an update, and am glad that the police are finally involved and you at least know the family is safe.