PDA

View Full Version : Helping cats...

WendyI
April 1st, 2014, 08:26 PM
I finally set up my sewing center again. I had put it away because I was frustrated by not being able to afford to do what I wanted and the room I had it in was not ideal. Anyway...I sat down after dinner tonight to fix a couple blocks that were uneven and driving me bonkers. So I was frogging them and looked up and there was Snick (aka Mega Poose) staring at me...

No the iron is not on....yet!! LOL!

I shoo'd him away ...that is my ironing board after all!...and continued working. Went to get my standard glass of ice and came back to Smudge (aka Mini Poose) in his place!

then Snick was annoyed because she was there and he couldn't be and kept walking all over where I was trying to work and pestering. I sure hope Klasien, Josefine or Annika are not allergic to cats! :icon_rolleyes:

Jean Sewing Machine
April 1st, 2014, 08:28 PM
Now those are two magnificent furballs!

alliek
April 1st, 2014, 08:37 PM
Beautiful helpers. I wouldn't mind them in my sewing area! Cats rule!

EmmaB
April 1st, 2014, 08:41 PM
Very pretty!!! My DD would have a fit over those two!!

BobW
April 1st, 2014, 09:14 PM
Very fine felines. You realize that you should be honored that they condescend to supervise you. LOL

WendyI
April 1st, 2014, 10:00 PM
LOL Bob! I know right!

Thanks for the compliments...I think they are pretty special too!

I do love my furkids but boy oh BOY do they SHED! They are ragdolls and have such awesome personalities. Mega Poose can be a bit cranky with Liam but he loves me to pieces! Liam is sitting here and saying, "A bit?! I have like battle scars from him!" LOL! He is exaggerating of course...there are no scars...but Snick does like to bite him for some reason...and Liam never teases animals. He's just a cranky sod with anyone but me! :) Mini-poose on the other hand loves Liam to pieces! Me not so much! Cats are awesome!

RiverMomm
April 1st, 2014, 10:02 PM
Such beautiful helpers!! I think a cat themed quilt is in your future.

Pandabear
April 1st, 2014, 10:05 PM
When I first read the title I thought it read Herding Cats and thought... you can't herd cats!

You have beautiful cats.

sidesaddles
April 1st, 2014, 10:17 PM
OK I want to know how you cat owners keep them out of your quilting/sewing things?
I have two that lay on my LA, tear my batting, get into everything. I finally started
shutting them out of my sewing room, and listen to them cry.....

ilive2craft2
April 1st, 2014, 10:17 PM
I think they both are happy that you are sewing again... :)

Pandabear
April 1st, 2014, 10:56 PM
OK I want to know how you cat owners keep them out of your quilting/sewing things?
I have two that lay on my LA, tear my batting, get into everything. I finally started
shutting them out of my sewing room, and listen to them cry.....

To be honest my two cats don't get into my things. They find a space on the floor, usually under my sewing table, and fall asleep. Of course, that's where the sunbeams fall so I think that's why they stay out of my stuff.

BobW
April 1st, 2014, 11:05 PM
Well to be honest for the first time in my life (I'm 53) I don't have a pet. When my ex and I separated four years ago and divorced after 22 years we had three very beautiful cats. They had been together for about three years for the youngest and six years for the two older ones. I didn't think it was fair to separate them. I do get to go over and visit them and pet them. I also live in an apartment that doesn't allow pets. It is the only reason at this time in life I would move, so I don't have the cats in my sewing stuff to deal with.

kelliedi
April 1st, 2014, 11:09 PM
my cats sit on the back of my chair or on my left shoulder...but when i lay a quilt out to look at it as a whole they get on it....and if they don't i don't think it is done..

Simply Quilting
April 1st, 2014, 11:31 PM
What beautiful looking helpers!!!

Genny
April 1st, 2014, 11:55 PM
Your cats are really beautiful!

Kgrammiecaz
April 2nd, 2014, 01:04 AM
They are so pretty. I am planning on getting a cat, a rescue, but I did wonder how I will keep he or she out of my quilting stuff. Where I am moving to, I will have a great area for my quilting area, but it is a room attached to the living area with no doors and really no way to block it. Should be interesting

dwil23
April 2nd, 2014, 03:52 AM
So beautiful! What would we do without our cat helpers?

rebeccas-sewing
April 2nd, 2014, 04:05 AM
I always worry Koshka will step on a pin or something. I am lucky to have a door on my sewing room so I have some control. When I do let her in she sits on top of a bookcase where I placed a blanket for her. She can watch me and watch the world outside the window. It keeps her occupied and out of trouble.

Iris Girl
April 2nd, 2014, 05:23 AM
who could ask for better helpers? I love my kitty when she helps/supervises me. The purring is so relaxing.

Suzette
April 2nd, 2014, 07:26 AM
Gorgeous helper kitties!! :icon_bigsmile:

I almost always love having my cats in my quilt room, but . . . as for how I keep my cats off of my work (or out of harms way when sewing and pressing) in my quilt room, I put something they will LOVE (some extra batting pieces work great!) in a place that is close to me but not in my way. They snuggle up on the batting and sleep happily while I quilt happily without them being in the way. On the rare occasions that I really, really need them out of the room for whatever reason, then I just close the door. :icon_bigsmile: