PDA

View Full Version : April is Child Abuse Awareness and Prevention Month

auntiemern
April 1st, 2014, 11:33 AM
April is child abuse awareness and prevention month. As many of you know, this is a cause that is very near and dear to my heart. For me, it is personal. If you have one, wear your blue ribbon in support of the little ones every where that don't have a voice. Hug your kids and grand kids a little tighter, and pray that none of them ever become a victim. It really can happen to anyone...I know.
I ran in to the paralegal that works with our prosecutor over the weekend. She got to see Gabe, and see how wonderful he is doing. She told us that in 8 yrs of working in the prosecutors office, he is the only success story they have had. That broke my heart, but at the same time, once again reinforced my knowledge that we are so very lucky that our little man is still with us, and for the most part doing exceptionally well. Pray for all children. Those that have been abused, and those that through prayer, never will be.

GinnyKNC
April 1st, 2014, 11:39 AM
Marilyn I will be wearing my blue :) This is personal for me as well. Good and Bad memories from childhood. Thanks for what you have done for Gabe!

WendyI
April 1st, 2014, 12:04 PM
It's so maddening to me that this type of "month" is even required. I canNOT comprehend the levels of cruelty that my fellow human beings are capable of. I'm so happy that your wee man is doing so well.

Sandy Navas
April 1st, 2014, 02:33 PM
http://www.thenewhappyvalley.com/page7/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/the_lords_prayer_children2.jpg

AMEN!