PDA

View Full Version : Dinner conversation w/Monkey Man.....

bubba
March 31st, 2014, 11:47 PM
Him - Do you remember how to do the blind stitch for hemming?
Me - Yes.
Him - ....said nothing.
Me - Why?
Him - Well because Tiffany wants some pants hemmed and I told her I would do them.
Me - :wheels were spinning but I said nothing:

Want to guess who did it? I could not believe they had four staples holding them in place!!! Who does that?

Quiltfreestyle
March 31st, 2014, 11:55 PM
LOL.
Boys in college do that, ask me how I know....

bubba
April 1st, 2014, 12:03 AM
This is a 33 year old woman!!!

Mpyles
April 1st, 2014, 12:07 AM
Lol...oh my. I see lots if this at work...or they walk out the backs if them!!

Hulamoon
April 1st, 2014, 12:10 AM
I could not believe they had four staples holding them in place!!! Who does that?

All three of my dd's. And they learned it from me.

Quiltfreestyle
April 1st, 2014, 01:01 AM
This is too funny. Maybe the poor girl was never taught to sew??? Or was that just a temporary fix until she could get you to sew it for her.. :)

bubba
April 1st, 2014, 01:34 AM
That was the excuse I heard when she picked them up.

stationarymom
April 1st, 2014, 02:23 AM
sounds like a college remedy for sure.

Hulamoon
April 1st, 2014, 07:39 AM
It was my remedy when they asked me to hem new jeans 10 mins before walking out the door to school. never failed they did that. lol

IBake
April 1st, 2014, 01:51 PM
When I was working, I had one of my young ladies come to me and ask for help.... what did she need? Well, the duct tape on her skirt hem was sticking to her hose and they were getting all twisted. She asked what she should use instead of the duct tape until she could buy a new skirt!

ummmm a needle and thread? Wasn't the only thing a sewed while working there.....<<<shaking head>>> evidently they made a whole lot more money than I did if they could afford to buy a new skirt ......

GuitarGramma
April 1st, 2014, 01:54 PM
When I was working, I had one of my young ladies come to me and ask for help.... what did she need? Well, the duct tape on her skirt hem was sticking to her hose and they were getting all twisted. She asked what she should use instead of the duct tape until she could buy a new skirt!

ummmm a needle and thread? Wasn't the only thing a sewed while working there.....<<<shaking head>>> evidently they made a whole lot more money than I did if they could afford to buy a new skirt ......

Or lived the True American Lifestyle of putting EVERYTHING on a credit card.

When we were young and brand spanking new working, my boyfriend (now hubby) worked with a young married man. This young married man was trying to help his equally young wife how to budget. She was under the impression that if there were checks in the checkbook, it was OK to use them.

That's just morphed into whether or not your credit card is declined.

bubba
April 1st, 2014, 02:05 PM
She got a lecture when she came to pick them up. I told her not to do that again. She asked what she should do then......I told her to sew them herself or use scotch tape!! hahahahahaah!!!

SallyO'Sews
April 1st, 2014, 02:43 PM
I could not believe they had four staples holding them in place!!! Who does that?

Umm... yeah, well, about that.... I MAY have been known to use staples or masking tape a time or two, but I was a teenager!! :0

EmmaB
April 1st, 2014, 05:13 PM
I got to work one day and noticed the hem had come out of the back of one leg. Darn tootin I put 2 staples in it. Of course, when I got home I repaired the hem. Can't go around with staples in your pants!!

Iris Girl
April 1st, 2014, 05:59 PM
Never gave staples or tape a thought. Since I have made my own clothes since I have been about 13 or 14 IF a hem needed repair and that was not likely it got a safety pin til I got home. Now elastic that was another story. I always wore dresses to work when I was fabric manager. I use to make my own slips, usually a split skirt slip because I often had to climb the ladder. One day...back in the day when we ran earlybird specials only once a month and we were busier then bees. My manager and I both cutting as fast as we could. We finally got a min to breathe and she looked over at me and I thought she would pee her pants laughing... I said what ? She had all she could do to point at my feet through tears and laughter...sure enough there was my slip around my ankles...:icon_surprised::icon_surprised: LOL good thing we were so busy I didn't have to move, probably would have broke my neck tripping on it. I casually stepped out of it and stuffed it between the cutting tables... we laughed so hard that day.

redcaboose1717
April 1st, 2014, 06:20 PM
Yeah, Staples or Duct Tape......all college boys do that....LOL ( I know I raised three of them ....my daughter didn't to this, no she brought her mending home to Mom of course ...( she wasn't going to be caught dead in anything that wasn't "just so"....LOL! )

Sharyn J
April 1st, 2014, 06:38 PM
Oh, you gals have given me a good laugh this afternoon and I sure needed one. I've always fixed things for everyone, including the neighbors, but once my darling father called and asked me to shorten a pair of his good wool dress slacks. I told him I'd pick them up after work. When I got to the house, I saw the hems full of holes and asked what the heck happened? He sheepishly said he knew I was busy and wanted to help me..............so, he took mom's scissors and tried to cut out the hem so it wouldn't take me too long to fix! The hem section was full of holes from cutting!

I told him, if he wasn't my father that I would have beat the crap out of him and NEVER, EVER try to help me sew again!

LorraineRob
April 1st, 2014, 06:51 PM
Ha, ha, ha, Bubba. Classic!

As for your dad Sharyn, lol. Bless him.

Simply Quilting
April 1st, 2014, 07:56 PM
During Mystery Dinner Theater, we've been known to have to use staples and tape a few times. My heel caught on the hem of my dress as I was walking off stage - almost tripped and fell. So we used tape to hold it in place. Another time, we had an actor get put on bedrest the day of the fourth night so we stapled the outfit in a couple of places to make do for the night.