PDA

View Full Version : Update on great Niece at burn center

fallisme
March 31st, 2014, 10:33 PM
Ladies I'm sorry I haven't been able to update you guys. I have been staying at the center with her and now my IBS is acting up. Stress is a killer. They were able to save her fingers on her left hand and they have started the skin grafts. She has been in great pain the last couple of days. Her nerve ending are coming back to life. The doctors are pleased so far with her condition. It's just so hard to see her crying in pain. Some of the pain meds they use for burns patients have caused her to have reactions so they can't give them anymore. God is good she will be better it's just a matter of time. Love to you all and thank you for your prays.

ilive2craft2
March 31st, 2014, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the update - please try to take care of yourself during all of this - easier said than done. Stress is a real trigger of IBS. So glad that the docs are happy with her progress. Keeping you all in my prayers.

BellasQuilts
March 31st, 2014, 11:02 PM
Saying prayers for her and you!

cyndiofthevortex
March 31st, 2014, 11:28 PM
Thank you for the update. I'm sorry she is in so much pain, but a good report from the docs is wonderful. I will keep praying for her and looking here for more good news from you.

Genny
March 31st, 2014, 11:31 PM
Thanks for your update. I feel so bad for this young girl and hope they can get her pain under control soon. Hugs

pcbatiks
April 1st, 2014, 01:39 AM
Thanks for the update.........take care of yourself too.......sending prayers.

stationarymom
April 1st, 2014, 02:15 AM
please take care of yourself. at least talk to your own dr. and explain what is happening in your life right now maybe they can help your symptoms. as far as your neice glad to hear she is making progress and just think about how strong she will be after this event in her life.

Simply Quilting
April 1st, 2014, 02:56 AM
Thank you for the update. Praying for her and you.

MayinJerset
April 1st, 2014, 03:06 AM
Good to hear some positive news and hope it continues and the poor girl's pain lessens.

Sew Perfect
April 1st, 2014, 03:44 AM
I am so sorry to hear that your great niece has been burned. I will pray for her tonight before going to sleep.

rebeccas-sewing
April 1st, 2014, 04:05 AM
Poor little girl. I feel so bad that she has to suffer so. Take care of yourself. Hope you get your IBS under control.

Madeforyouinma11
April 1st, 2014, 08:08 AM
Thank you for the update. I will keep her and you in my prayers.

Sandy Navas
April 1st, 2014, 10:53 AM
Prayers are continuing. Like it has been said, be sure to take care of yourself, too. And, how's her mother holding up? Are they in the same area where she can at least talk to Bridget?

auntiemern
April 1st, 2014, 11:03 AM
Prayers continuing for her and her family as well. I can't imagine the kind of pain she must be in. Don't forget to take care of yourself during this time. It is so easy to let our selves go in times like these. She is receiving the best possible care, so you take care of you.

EmmaB
April 1st, 2014, 08:46 PM
I wish they were able to give her something for the pain. Prayers for quick healing.