PDA

View Full Version : Monday - a new week and almost new month

Blondie
March 31st, 2014, 06:23 AM

Happy Monday Folksies!
I am hoping that everyone had a delightful weekend. Since I had to work all Saturday, my weekend was okay for me. Middle Son Josh has an absessed tooth - we are going to be at the door step of the dentist first thing this morning. Poor fella.

The only sewing I did all weekend was binding. I have three COC's of various sizes completed. Yesterday morning we had lots of snow flurries! What? Of course, for those who follow Nascar, the truck race in Martinsville was rained out on Saturday, and when we had flurries, I thought Good Grief! I mean, M'ville is a few miles from our house. We can hear the engines if we were outside. So, when the white stuff was flickering, I knew it wouldn't last because the weatherman only mentioned a few drizzles of rain to be cleared up by 10 a.m. And we know exactly how their track record goes. LOL. No more rain or flurries after a fashion but that March wind, y'all! Cold, blustery and kept me inside. Hoping that April will really bring some sunshine and warm days. I am not meant to be a housebound person when I can at least sit outside. I have spring fever terrible. Betcha you do too! (Well, our friends Down Under don't, but I am tickled to say goodbye to winter this year! Hope yours wont be as rough as ours has been)

Keep thinking good thoughts for all our our forum members, remembering them in your prayers. I noticed Sandy's message for a card bomb. Please join her and the other members who will send cheerful cards to Bridget.

Smiles, hugs and prayers for all.

buckeyequilter
March 31st, 2014, 07:28 AM

Heading out the door to work but just wanted to stop by and say good morning and have a wonderful day!

Prayers & hugs

Madeforyouinma11
March 31st, 2014, 07:33 AM
Morning Blondie! I had a very nice weekend. I finished up bindings on two quilts. I need to take pics today and post.
It was very rainy all weekend and it's cold....I'm tired of being cold, but I just snuggle into a nice warm sweatshirt and keep on movin on.
Today will be catching up on some shows that I watch with my DD. She was in Florida last week for a wedding and does not go back to work until tomorrow. I'll cut some squares for a quilt while we watch tv.
Hubby is in the shower and will be off to work soon and I ma sitting here with my nice cuppa coffee that he brought me. It's still tough getting up so early, but We're adjusting.
Thanks for the reminder about the card for Bridget, I'll do that first thing.
Hope everyone has a great day. Prayers and hugs to everyone.
I hope josh makes out ok at the dentists. Toothaches are horrible.

Bubby
March 31st, 2014, 07:58 AM
Morning Everyone,

Wishing everyone a good start to the new week. I'm not sure what's on my plate for today. Will touch base later...for now I'm heading back to bed for a while.

MayinJerset
March 31st, 2014, 08:34 AM
Dark and raining again so I was thinking that maybe I'll chill out on the couch and watch a movie. You know wrap myself in my quilt and have a cup of coffee nearby and just forget about everything. Oh, forgot I did that yesterday so today I'm being good and getting things done.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 31st, 2014, 08:42 AM
Good morning all! It was a glorious day here yesterday, with maybe another partial day of nice weather today. I didn't get time to enjoy much of it because yesterday was the day for me to deliver costumes to the theatre. I needed to stop at the thrift store on my way to pick up a few missing items. I sat through their run last night, it is a funny show! I need to work on a few costumes for tonight for their first costume run through, and find one more item at the thrift store, which is our go to place for fill in costuming needs!

I want to work on Josefine's block today and get that in the mail on it's way to Klasien. I so worry that Annika's daughter can get the help she needs, hopefully our little quilt can show her that she is loved and cherished by people all over the world.

My grandkids will be here soon. On Mom's first day back from Vacation, she is scheduled for a 7 am start! Rude awakening!

My oldest daughter, who we visited last week in Atlanta, was up here this weekend for a wedding. I got to see them for a little while Saturday, but they were with the wedding group the reast of the time.

Hope everyone has a good day. Prayers for those who are sick or having other issues.

CountryHut
March 31st, 2014, 08:51 AM
where in the world did the weekend go - it was a blip on my radar . .

Good Morning Ladies and Gents :)

Saturday was a wash out - rain rain and more rain - normally thats good napping weather - but I can't figure out why I didn't get one huh~ -
the hubby did get the hot water heater in the 5th wheel repaired - so hot showers on the next camping trip will be a nicer thing :)
went off with a friend last evening to bingo . . only waited - but it was good company

Hubby is off to work - and I'm '''almost''' out the door to head to the northside of town to pick up t-shirt supplies
I'm '''hoping''' to be back before the noon hour - I have a good size order that I want to knock out and get it shipped today
*crossing fingers*~

so with that said . . .

y'all '''Make It''' a good day

MRoy
March 31st, 2014, 09:05 AM
Good morning! TV weatherman just said we'll have a spectacular spring day...sounds good! I've been trying to walk at least 2 miles on nice days so I'll get my walking in today...after I go to the grocery and stock up. It's time for another cuppa coffee. I hope everyone has a great day!

Mpyles
March 31st, 2014, 09:20 AM
Good morning!
Weather was beautiful here except for the windy I went to watch my son in a cycling race 72326
He loves his cycling. I went to the grocery store and dollar general and then took a nap in the afternoon...huge mistake. Could not go to sleep last night I was up well past 1 am...when will I ever learn. The coffee at supper I am sure did not help. I spent a good part of the evening finishing our taxes and working on my sons. Need to file for their fafsa by today.....such work to pay for my kids to go to school! I say that with a bit of sarcasm as I have to do all this for really no reason....they don't ever qualify for the free money! Lord I could go on for hours about taxation.....time to change that subject!!

Everyone have a great day!

Monique
March 31st, 2014, 09:33 AM
Good morning. Had a great weekend. Friday I had lunch with a friend, bought some fabric, got two keys cut that I have not been able to do anywhere. Only had 1 key for the jeep. If anything ever happened to that key we were done for. So 2 new keys made. Went to an auction sale on Saturday with same friend. She bought an Omega sewing machine for $85 and she told me it sews like a dream. Well cared for. She is happy. I bought a 7ft. pre-lit christmas tree for $5. This one is going to the kids.

Off today to Trenton. Maizyn's 4th birthday today. And Phil graduates from his course tomorrow morning. Can't miss that.

I am 1/4 done on that quilt. Getting there slowly.

And so that is my plan for the next few days. Another auction sale on Thursday night that I will attend.

Have a great week everyone. Sunshine this morning. Beautiful.

GinnyKNC
March 31st, 2014, 09:54 AM
Good Morning! I'm hoping for spring weather this week. Fingers crossed. I didn't get any sewing done this weekend, I did get 10 receiving blankets cut out and pinned but that's as far as it went. I cleaned house Saturday and did laundry. My DH's birthday was yesterday :) We have a tradition that when it's your birthday you pick where we go for dinner and the whole family goes to dinner and then we all come back to the house. So Sunday for me was awesome. Spending the day with my DH, my two DS's, my DIL and my GD :) I love those kind of days. I hope to finish the receiving blankets this week and start a few new projects.
Blessings to all and prayers to those in need. Happy Quilting {hugs}
My Madison falling asleep on me last night <3 So peaceful

Sandy Navas
March 31st, 2014, 09:58 AM
Happy Birthday, Maizyn!!!! (And Congrats to Phil while we're at it).

Hope Bubby can catch a snooze in peace and quiet. Al and I were awaken with horrendous thunder and lightening a bit after 5 this morning. When we finally crawled out of bed we found it still bone dry outside. The winds have been horrible around here for the past several days.

Myrna, sounds like you have had some recovery from your back pain - continued improvement. I do think that moving physically helps a lot of ailments (would that I'd done that ALL my life).

Mary - wish I could still hop and a bike and ride, ride, ride. Hope your son keeps up with his hobby. Maybe we'll see him on the Tour de France some day.

Diane, what do you do with the t-shirts? Do you embroider them? Wasn't aware that you were into a business. Wow - when I take time to read I learn a lot. Like I THOUGHT Jean was not going to be doing costuming any more . . . just can't keep a good woman down on the farm any more.

May, I have found I function better if I get that coffee past my lips before I sit down here in the morning. And, Cil, your sign made me wet myself, so I'll be back later.

Blondie, go out there and sing and dance for the tulips and daffs. Rita came in yesterday with two wild violet blooms for me. Do you think she's anxious for spring???

Mom23
March 31st, 2014, 10:14 AM
I'm sitting in a hotel room in Chicago this morning. Hubby and I came up on the train yesterday for a convention. I'm going to the Museum of Science of Industry when he is at the show. I can't wait to wander around, see what I want to see, and not have a single person bugging me!

Blondie, I'm a Nascar fan and if we ever make it to Martinsville I will knock on your door!! We've been to Charlotte and Bristol but never to M'ville. We got to the hotel just in time yesterday to see Busch crossing the finish line.

Blessings to all. Have a Great Day!!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 31st, 2014, 11:14 AM
Sandy, Jean will always costume! Besides, this is for a friend and it's a paying gig! Have three more lined up for 2014, one big and two medium! You'll have to listen to e whine all summer, say I'll never do it again, but once it is in your blood, you'll always go back on your word!

EmmaB
March 31st, 2014, 11:52 AM
Good morning all!!!

I agree with Sandy, I think you need to do a little jig and sing a tune to the tulips and daffodils!! I hope no one throws rocks at me for saying I spent the entire afternoon outside yesterday. It was gorgeous!! Cleaned up the yard and my front porch. The porch was way past just sweeping so the shop n’vac got drug out and I sucked up all the dirt. I was a little ashamed of myself for letting it get so out of hand but hey, I got over it. It’s is another pretty day here and my mind is not where it should be which is, of course, at work. Have to take the car to have the brakes checked on my lunch hour. Can’t have my DD out and about in a car with bad brakes!!

Ginny, your Madison is so precious. I just love to watch babies sleep. They’re just so darn cute.

Sending HUGS & GOOD WISHES to all on this Monday morning!!!! Have a good one.

Simply Quilting
March 31st, 2014, 12:25 PM
Sandy, we got your rain last night that you missed. The winds are still blowing sky high here.

Yesterday I took my hubby to the ER for an infection on his face. The ER doctor thought that we have caught soon enough to not have to put him in the hospital. The doctor put him on oral antibiotics for now. My sweet hubby looks like he has been in a very rough fight. His nose, parts of his cheeks and some around his eyes is swollen.

I went to a couple of open houses yesterday of our friends. They were so worried about their houses not looking good enough. I told them that both the houses looked great. We like both the homes but neither one is large enough for us. One is a starter home and the other doesn't have anywhere for me to put my sewing/crafting area.

Today's plans include working half a day at the school. Possibly taking the children to the park. And I want to work on cutting out the squares for Josefine's quilt this evening.

Today is my Mom's 69th birthday. We celebrated on Friday evening when we met her and Dad in St. Joseph and had supper at Cracker Barrel. Friday, the doctor has put her back on a restricted diet because she is still having issues from the surgery. So that really limited where we could eat at. She is starting to look better than she did which is a good thing.

Have a great day everyone :)

Cathy F
March 31st, 2014, 12:49 PM
Morning all,

Well what a surprise I woke up to, snow! We got 3-4 inches on my end of the Island. It was a real wintery mix of snow and rain it does look beautiful though as the tree branches are all coated with it. With that said I saw enough, now melt and go away!

Have not been in the sewing room in about a week or so, need to get back up there but have not really been feeling very well with some health issues right now. Hopefully things will improve.

I've got about 5 quilt tops done that I want to send out to be quilted, I feel pretty good at the amount I accomplished from January to now. If I can keep up the pace my Christmas gifts will all be done early this year and I can enjoy the holiday. We'll see what happens I always get off to a good start and then something happens along the way where I end up in a time crunch!

Well, off to take a nap as I didn't get a good night's sleep, and I don't feel guilty about being in my PJ's since the weather is so sloppy out there.

Hugs to all that can use a few extra today.