PDA

View Full Version : Wet Sunday

Madeforyouinma11
March 30th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Wow! Is it ever raining here! It's supposed to rain today, tomorrow and Tuesday...yikes!
So needless to say, I will not be going anywhere but into my sewing room. I finished the binding on the sweater quilt that I made and I'm half way done with the binding on Julia's quilt. I think I may have to start a new quilt...yay
What are your plans for this rainy weather?
Well, as Blondie would say....

Patio Gal
March 30th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Wish I could help you with all that rain....we are SO dry in Oklahoma. But a great remedy for both problems is a day (or three) in the sewing room.....happy stitches!!!

Lonna
March 30th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Good Morning !
It is suppose to be a beautiful here today. In about 20 minutes we are headed to New Orleans for the day. First it will be a voodoo cemetery tour then off to find the Mardi Gras Indian's as this is their Super Sunday. Their parade starts at 1 and the tour ends at 12 so hopefully we will be able to make both of them. May have to find a cab to take us from the French Quarter to Midtown where the parade will be at. If you get a chance goggle Mardi Gras Indian's Super Sunday and take a look at these outfits these men make. Tomorrow morning they will start working on next years costume.

Enjoy your day! We are out of here!

Hulamoon
March 30th, 2014, 09:33 AM
I'm not sure what the weather will be like today. Yesterday we had a freak thunder storm. I look on one side of the house and it's raining and thunder and the other side it's sunny. I feel like I live in an alternate universe in this valley lol

I'm going to play with my embroidery machine. I found some cute designs on sale.

Happy rain or shine :)

dwil23
March 30th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Our rainy day was yesterday. There were tornado warnings and strong winds all around as we were trying to move DS and DIL furniture into a portable storage unit. About 1:30 when it got really bad, I was assigned to sit in the closet under the stairs with their dog who freaks out when the weather turns bad. SO, there we sat until nearly 4. I was able to make a quick run to my favorite quilt shop on that side of the state for one last time before they closed at 5. SIGH. 25 minutes is just not enough time in a quilt shop. Especially when you know you won't be there again for a long time, if ever. I found some treasures in the scrap bin, got a couple of 1 yard cuts from the bargain room, some regular fat quarters and a bunch of 1/4 yd cuts for a B and W tummy time quilt I need to make for a new baby in the family. Oh well, I managed to spend enough $ anyway!

Waiting for everyone to get up. Sis wants to take us to breakfast this morning. I need to get to the new house and get some work done before going back to work tonight.

The forecast says we are in for a beautiful day - high of 70 and breezy. Will be down to 49 in the morning, no rain the rest of the week and a high of 82 - so not too bad. If it gets much hotter than that, I'll be complaining about the heat.

Every one have a Blessed Day - I better get up from here and do something. As my Mom would have said "Don't just sit there - Do something! Even if it's wrong!"

Ginny B
March 30th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Good morning. It poured and poured and poured yesterday. When I went to bed, we already had 2" of rain and it was still coming down hard. It was supposed to continue hard until around 3 or so. It has stopped now but is going to start again later today.

I spent a lot of time in the sewing room yesterday. First, I did some cleaning up and found my best scissors which I had been missing for a couple of weeks. A couple of nights ago I had a dream that I found them rolled into my bolt of fusible fleece. So, when I woke up I went in and checked but alas they were not there. :( Then I checked my Insulbrite roll -- nope, not there either. sigh So I looked through some piles of folded material that I had on the corner of my cutting table that were either waiting to be cut for something or waiting to be put away. I looked through everything -- really I did. Then yesterday morning when I decided to put everything away that needed putting away, lo and behold, there they were! How did I not see them before? Lesson learned: don't leave stuff piled on the corner of the cutting table!

After I finished doing my happy dance (and putting away what needed putting away), I worked on a tablerunner for a co-worker, a wallhanging for a friend who just a new grandson and wants this for his room and a plastic trash bag holder for another co-worker.
I am almost finished with the binding on the tablerunner. I sat and did that while watching tv with dh last night. Then I made a cup of ovaltine and curled up to enjoy my Block magazine that I got yesterday. :) It is wonderful! I am so glad one of the projects is putting a sleeve on a quilt because I am going to need to do that with the wallhanging I am making for the new baby. Perfect timing M*. Just what I needed. I also really really want to start that lattice quilt. I think it will be perfect for the summer on my bed.

I do have to cook today (talked dh into cooking yesterday :D ) but I will also have some time in my sewing room too. I have a doggie raincoat to make for a friend that I didn't get to yesterday.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Bubby
March 30th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Morning Everyone,

It's cold and damp today. We had a hard freeze last night. We ended up going to Cuba yesterday but it was a short trip because Jeff was too tired to get involved in much of anything. I showed a vacant apartment to a nice young couple. I hope things work out for them to take it.

This is going to be a slow day for us. I think I'll cook a turkey breast for our dinner so we have some leftovers for the first of the week. I baked an apple pie when we got home yesterday.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Sunday. The Girls are crying for their breakfast.

EmmaB
March 30th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Happy Sunday folks! It's suppose to get into the low 60s today and sunny. DD says she's in the mood to cook YAY ME!! A run to grocery store will be in order after she lets me know what she wants to fix. I'm hoping to psych myself up to clean the front porch so I will be able to sit in a clean place to read or embroidery on the upcoming pretty days. Being that it suppose to be a pretty day I think I will get out there and enjoy some sunshine.

Yesterday was spent working on Josefine's block. Got some laundry done and straightening up here and there in between bouts at the machine. As usual, the weekend is going by way too fast.

Have a tremendous day everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Mpyles
March 30th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Good morning,

Hope all is well with everyone. It's a sunny morning...I think the high is 59 today. DS has a cycling race today....if it's warm enough I will go. I feel much much much better than I did. Yesterday was a pretty good day. I did take a nap..not cause I felt bad...just felt like it would do me good. I sewed last night, working on quilting the block of the week I had done. It's cute. I will post a pic when it's done.

I did scratch my machine not one but three times last night...using scissors that where to big instead of my snips. So mad at myself! sometimes I am just a bull in a china shop!

Lorie post your embroidery when you get it done! Donna hope you get moved soon!

Everyone have a great day!!

Sandy Navas
March 30th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Good Morning !
It is suppose to be a beautiful here today. In about 20 minutes we are headed to New Orleans for the day. First it will be a voodoo cemetery tour then off to find the Mardi Gras Indian's as this is their Super Sunday. Their parade starts at 1 and the tour ends at 12 so hopefully we will be able to make both of them. May have to find a cab to take us from the French Quarter to Midtown where the parade will be at. If you get a chance goggle Mardi Gras Indian's Super Sunday and take a look at these outfits these men make. Tomorrow morning they will start working on next years costume.

Enjoy your day! We are out of here!

You enjoy YOUR day - I sure hope you have your camera batteries charged.

Sandy Navas
March 30th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Headed back to Iowa this morning. Hoping against hope that she still has two more thread cases. I knew I'd need them, why didn't I pick them up then? Al's going with me. We need a day away together.

We could do with a bit of rain here - all we've had so far have been drizzles over the last couple weeks.

I'm hoping Lonna comes home with some pictures to share from her adventure.

Yesterday I did some putzing around and then started putting binding on a PICU quilt - after about 8-9 inches I noticed my feed dogs were down and I wasn't making progress. Decorative stitching is very labor-intensive to remove when it's triple-stitched. Did do some cooking yesterday though - Al had requested curry and I had a nice boneless leg of lamb. So last night it was Rogan Josh on rice. Oh, oh, so yummy!!

Just may come home with enough energy to do some sewing this afternoon. Everyone keep smiling and keep those prayers going for all our friends in need of comfort.

toggpine
March 30th, 2014, 11:23 PM
This is a late check in for the day.
We headed to Olympia to do a bit of shopping. We ordered a new "toy" for hubby, and stopped @ Cabella's on the way home. I had seen a new GPS dealie that was on sale for a price I was willing to pay. We found out they don't stock that model in the store, as it is 2013, and they have upgraded to 2014's now.
I didn't want to pay the extra, so I asked to order the "old" one. The guy looked it up on the computer and it was showing up $100 more than the catalog listed it as. Since I had the sale magazine with me, he was willing to over-ride the price for the advertised amount.
When we went to check out at the order kiosk, a refurbished one popped up as available. It had a 60 day no-questions return policy and the same one year warranty as a new one for $50 less that the sale price. As we were checking out, the clerk said: "Huh! It's even the model I suggested you upgrade to earlier. "
So, we'll see what it really is when we go back to pick it up in a few weeks. Either way, I have finally replaced the GPS that was stolen last fall. I can be directionally challenged until I have been to a location, and this will make me feel better when I'm on the road to new places.
We stopped at the RAM for lunch/dinner since hubby had a coupon for a whopping slice of Mud Pie for his birthday. Neither one of us are going to be hungry for supper!
On the way home we hit the WinCo grocery store.
We are starting to stock up on ingredients for the kids' wedding this summer. They asked us to make the food for the reception. They want picnic-style smoked meats and the BBQ beans that are cooked in the smoker with the beef brisket.
We'll be cooking for a week straight if we don't get started early. Thankfully we have experimented with freezing both the beans and a variety of meats. The ribs and brisket are perfect, and if you remove the skin, the poultry is too. You just can't re-crisp the skin no matter what you do. If they want chicken, we may have to smoke it that morning, and keep it on low in the oven or something.
They are sending out 150 invites, so we are planning on at least 200 people.

I am pretty sure I am going to need a new apron!

shermur
March 30th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Let's see, another day of house "staging" for showing and to get it sold! I hurt...I moved my entire sewing room from a bedroom upstairs to the spare room in the basement! I do not recall now many trips it took, but my legs will can confirm, it was a lot!
I found a newer/gently used leather sofa for $50.00 and the owner threw in two nice end tables.
IT wasn't too bad getting the newer coach in the house, but was it cumbersome getting the older, nasty out to the back patio to haul away. I later found a gently used occasional chair for $50.00 and will pick it up in a couple of days! DH and I wrapped and packed 6 boxes worth of glassware from the wall mounted china hutch. And now I still have to organize the new sewing area! I'm beat!

toggpine
March 31st, 2014, 12:08 AM
Sherri, you need a hot bubble bath & an early night!

WendyI
March 31st, 2014, 12:24 AM
Wow Sherri...good luck! I was tired just reading that!

shermur
March 31st, 2014, 03:20 AM
Sherri, you need a hot bubble bath & an early night!

...and a massage, and a pedicure....

soul60s
March 31st, 2014, 06:09 AM
It flooded here. Hasn't been this bad since the big flooding of 2010.