PDA

View Full Version : OMG he said NO!!!!

Hawaii Roxy
March 30th, 2014, 02:56 AM
Im crushed and have no reason to live!!!!!!! I soooo desperately wanted todays DD and my husband said NO! Are you kidding me! Hes just mean and cruel I think I shall just die ! He simply dont understand what a awesome deal that is !
pffft he MIGHT wanna sleep with one eye open lol

bkthomas
March 30th, 2014, 03:04 AM
You're sooooobad..........go sew one of the many you already have! Little Dork!

Hawaii Roxy
March 30th, 2014, 03:09 AM
icon_sniff: UGHHH

toggpine
March 30th, 2014, 03:11 AM
Well, this isn't going to help.
Our LQS has some of that line in, and it is cute!
They have all of the raindrops, but we do live in Washington. The other bolts were charming too. I lingered over them today for a bit, but couldn't decide exactly what I'd do with them, so I left them be.

Momofmonsters5
March 30th, 2014, 03:38 AM
My husband always says no but I don't always listen ..... Lol

rebeccas-sewing
March 30th, 2014, 05:44 AM
Please don't die. We would miss you! I agree that you probably could distract yourself with some of that stash you're bound to have. Giving it 24 hours is surely a fix since it'll be gone. Sorry, I shouldn't have said gone. I don't want to be responsible for a flood of tears.

Kgrammiecaz
March 30th, 2014, 06:14 AM
While having a partner in life is a wonderful thing, sometimes its nice to be single. I ditched my hubby many years ago and have just been enjoying life as it comes

That said, if you do still have your partner around, one way to hide a purchase is send it to your work address or to a friends. Then just sneak it into the stash. They wont notice one more thing added.

Of course I say this in fun, but I tend to gloss over what I have in my stash when talking with my kids. And when they say stop buying so much, i just tell them I will have less budget dollars when I retire and dont want to chance ever running out

Ad yes, I oredered it. I had just bought a charm pack of this design at the Sew Expo. I love it!

Vonnie
March 30th, 2014, 09:24 AM
This means that you will have to visit Toggpine - that will teach him. How much that will cost. Round trip plane ticket plus F.A.R.Ting!

And now you have learned your lesson. Next time DON'T ASK - just order it! :icon_rofl:

dizzyLiz
March 30th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Ummmmmm Exactly, repeat after me. DO NOT ASK LOL

aliaslaceygreen
March 30th, 2014, 09:39 AM
I can't even IMAGINE asking. Sorry. Not looking at what the deal was, either... because you all are BAD. INFLUENCES. However, if it's an item under $100 neither of us discusses our purchases.... Remember this---it's better to ask forgiveness than permission.

Bubby
March 30th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Stop pouting and put on your Big Girl panties and cope. I'm sure you have another jellyroll in your stash.

MayinJerset
March 30th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Oh the joy of having your own pension and checking account as well as doing the family bill paying. DH has no idea how much fabric I really have as he thinks it is all in the big jelly cabinet in the upstairs hallway. He doesn't realize how much is in the closet and under my cutting table in big IKEA totes. That said, I've been passing up some great DDs because I've run out of space and can't seem to find anything any longer.

PS: Just love what Trish posted, "Remember this---it's better to ask forgiveness than permission."

aliaslaceygreen
March 30th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Oh, and this... And that?s why you should learn to pick your battles. | The Bloggess (http://thebloggess.com/2011/06/and-thats-why-you-should-learn-to-pick-your-battles/) It's a little long, and it has it's share of rough language, but you will be ROLLING by the time you finish..... I actually print this off and give as a wedding gift, along with a shelf sized chicken!!!

dwil23
March 30th, 2014, 09:45 AM
The nerve of him. April Showers is so pretty. I bought the charm pack when it was the DD a while back.

Hulamoon
March 30th, 2014, 09:49 AM
I never get the concept of asking permission to buy stuff. If I didn't buy stuff we wouldn't have dishes, pots and pans, vacume cleaners or toilet paper.

Just get it already!

Vonnie
March 30th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Oh the joy of having your own pension and checking account as well as doing the family bill paying. DH has no idea how much fabric I really have as he thinks it is all in the big jelly cabinet in the upstairs hallway. He doesn't realize how much is in the closet and under my cutting table in big IKEA totes. That said, I've been passing up some great DDs because I've run out of space and can't seem to find anything any longer.

PS: Just love what Trish posted, "Remember this---it's better to ask forgiveness than permission."

What about shoe boxes under the bed?
Hang yardage on a pants hanger, put a dust cover over it and hang it in the closet.
Strip the bedding off the guest bed and line the mattress with fabric, put mattress cover back on then sheets.
What about the trunk of your car?
Do you have a neighbor you trust who you can bribe with a quilt to hide fabric in their closet?
What about mailing a package to yourself with someone elses return address then exclaim what a nice gift!

Iris Girl
March 30th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Stop pouting and put on your Big Girl panties and cope. I'm sure you have another jellyroll in your stash.

Agree 100%, sure you have plenty in your stash use that up .

bubba
March 30th, 2014, 10:53 AM
I don't ask!!! I have gotten better, believe it or not. Regardless, he is still happy to announce when a new jelly roll appears in the mail!

buckeyequilter
March 30th, 2014, 11:02 AM
I don't ask but then he doesn't ask me if he can buy gun / fishing stuff. If I want a new machine or he wants a new gun we might discuss it, but not for supplies. I figure we both work for the money so we can both spend it!

MayinJerset
March 30th, 2014, 11:13 AM
I don't ask but then he doesn't ask me if he can buy gun / fishing stuff. If I want a new machine or he wants a new gun we might discuss it, but not for supplies. I figure we both work for the money so we can both spend it!
Same here although DH is into woodworking and photography. Once our last son finished grad school we had a little bit of spare money to spend and decided to take trips with it and also to buy stuff we put off for years. Still we are pretty conservative about what we buy because after our 3 sons finished college and grad school along came their marriages and then grandkids and we all know that a times grandkids can take precedence over buying fabric and quilting stuff.

quiltingtrish
March 30th, 2014, 11:25 AM
May? I think your husband knows how much you have. I know mine does, especially since he had to move everything about 14 times to make my new quilt room. He only seemed surprised when I started moving the quilting stuff that was upstairs to the downstairs. He is so sweet though, that he even moved some things around after I organized most of it and declared 'There you go! Another shelf to fill!' I replied that was good because there is still quite a bit to bring downstairs from Katie's room yet. haha!

Vonnie - that last one has me thinking. But, then again - see above as to how my DH is an enabler.

Maybe your DH will change his mind if you pout A LOT today.

Hugs,

Vonnie
March 30th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Vonnie - that last one has me thinking. But, then again - see above as to how my DH is an enabler.

Hugs,

My DH is an enabler also. He actually drove me to the LQS the last time they had a major sale and then left me there for 1 1/2 hours! I had fun telling him about this post. He's into computers and motorcycles and he used to be into ham radio. Noticed that these are ALL expensive hobbies! He even has a shop smith in the garage that he has not used in years. Our oldest is expecting to get it as soon as he has a big enough place to put it. I told him I'm all for that since his Dad could go over there and make a big mess and not clean it up! LOL revenge!

IBake
March 30th, 2014, 12:18 PM
The ONLY time I ever ask DH if he thinks I should get something is when I am truly undecided about it. His comment is---then get both of them or three. Because if you don't get it now, when you do decide you want it it will be gone. Except for yesterday when he told me that he was crabby (and boy was he! I gave him a time out!). I didn't even ask him what he thought-not that I normally do, I just placed that order for over $100.

My hubby would never tell me no....but I guess after 40 years of marriage we have adjusted...and when he thinks to fuss, I remind him that I bought him a 25K fishing boat....it takes a lot of DD to catch up to that and the fishing lures......... :icon_umpf:

ilive2craft2
March 30th, 2014, 12:29 PM
I don't ask either - we both work and have hobbies. We started stained glass classes together and he has kept it up, but I found quilting. We discuss when either one wants a big ticket item, but he is my biggest supporter in being happy. I keep telling him it is cheaper than therapy, but after the used long arm, he is not going with that thought anymore....but he agreed to the long arm! :)

We were on spring break last week and stopped in at a quilt show in Ohio on our way back from visiting family in WV and then went to a quilt shop. I told him he could sit in the truck, but he wanted to come in and walk around too. He laughed at me for the quilts I was pointing out that I liked - he said "imagine that - you like a quilt that is black/white/red" Obviously, he is paying attention to what I have been working on and buying......

Leah53
March 30th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Oh, and this... And that?s why you should learn to pick your battles. | The Bloggess (http://thebloggess.com/2011/06/and-thats-why-you-should-learn-to-pick-your-battles/) It's a little long, and it has it's share of rough language, but you will be ROLLING by the time you finish..... I actually print this off and give as a wedding gift, along with a shelf sized chicken!!!

Hilarious! Unfortunately, I have a DH that never says no to me, yes, I said UNfortunately, because I would love to do this, it is so me.

Grandma G
March 30th, 2014, 03:24 PM

OMG! That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. Too, too funny! Think I need to print out and give to each of my kids. I know they will be rolling all the floor. Thanks so much for sharing!!

bkthomas
March 30th, 2014, 11:05 PM

Ummm......you're kidding......right?

redcaboose1717
March 30th, 2014, 11:36 PM
You all are really funny......I don't think I have ever asked permission. DH wouldn't ask me for permission so what's good for the goose is good the gander.....
I will admit he occasionally gets upset over all the fabric in my sewing room, and the paper crafting stuff too ( I haven't purchased a greeting card in 13 yrs ! ) but does he stop to think about all the TOOLS and junk he has in the garage?? ( no he isn't a pack rat, I just haven't been able to use my garage in the last few years ! yuk...... Of course not !
So, he wouldn't dare make a comment on my daily deal purchases......

I agree order it anyway, send it to your work or your BFF's address......( I sneak things home in grocery bags. He always helps carry in the packages, and I put the fabric store purchases in the front seat with me, along with a couple of bags from the grocery store, and carry them in with ME.....LOL.....but I doubt if he would really complain.....at least I hope not ! :)_

NOW if I could just get him to help unpack the stuff I bring home from the grocery store....I would be in 7th Heaven !

SallyO'Sews
March 31st, 2014, 02:23 PM
You guys crack me like an egg! :icon_rofl:

Mchelem
April 1st, 2014, 02:19 AM

And this is why I do the bills at our home, and the payroll and accounting for our company. He has no clue what's in any of the checking accounts,.