PDA

View Full Version : l've got a question and yes l'm up at 2.30am ...cant sleep again

Lissau
March 28th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Hi all ..

l've got a question would any of you know if its possible to secure something in a post so that it cant be taken from the screen and reused by someone else as their own work ...its not that l don't trust you guys because l do ...l adore all of you ..but l'd like to share something that l'm writing and is a work in progress. but l'm not sure if l can safe guard it ..its a mix of a story entangled with what l'm going through ...Does any one know how to do it????

K. McEuen
March 28th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Bottom line - no.

You can run copyright across the page, you can make a pdf, but there are ways around all of that.

Lissau
March 28th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Thanks Karen "Darn sigh!!! "

EnumclawGramma
March 28th, 2014, 03:28 PM
I have heard that with music you can mail a hard copy of it to yourself and leave it sealed and post marked. That way it proves the date it was yours. Make sense?

Sixtop
March 28th, 2014, 11:38 PM
No, mailing yourself the item doesn't constitute copyright (aka Poor Man's Copyright) because it can be faked and it's not typically admissible in court. It's not a substitute for registering material to be copyrighted.

WendyI
March 28th, 2014, 11:41 PM
Once it's out there, it's out there. I have software that can take any PDF and allow me to edit it.