PDA

View Full Version : TGIF

Blondie
March 28th, 2014, 07:04 AM

Happy Friday folksies

Even though I have a few marathon days at work to do, it is after all Friday and I like to think it means something special to most who have a week end off. Then come Sunday, I get to feel like it's Friday all over again and laugh at everyone who has to go to work on Monday. So, the above is not only my Friday smile but also in all truth, my daily smile. It really does take little to entertain me. You don't even have to shake a Hershey bar in front of me. Or a bag of coffee beans.

Notice that there is a new tutorial from MSQC. Looks like a we have another winner!

I have been working on the Smokey Mtn Stars off and on. I should not have worked on it the other day when I felt bad with the cold. It's just that I felt so unproductive and like a slug for not doing anything. Please, do not do important things when you are not feeling your best or are tired. I have been doing this quilt in sections and doing my own QAYG method. I really screwed up the sections I sewed together. Oy. I was determined to not rip it apart but after much thought and staring, I saw an easy was to rememdy it. I haven't done it yet but I will when I can have a good feeling day and NO PHONE CALLS or door knocking to interrupt me. That means I will wait until hubs is home. He makes the bestest guard for me. He answers the phone and fends off any and all offenders of my time if I ask him to. Here is a quick view - don't laugh. It will be fixed. I am not really OCD, just not wanting a truly off skewed quilt.

Have a marvelous weekend. Please remember our members who need some good thoughts and prayers. I meant to mention this earlier but will throw this out to those who like to encourage others. One of our members who has been mostly absent due to a few major surgeries is back in the hospital for another one. Please keep our Dena Cooper in prayer. If you are on her friend list, send her a quick note? She is quite a lady. Prayers for many others continue. Hugs and SMILES to everyone. Hey, it's FRIDAY! Get over yourself and have a GOOD DAY!

RFREE
March 28th, 2014, 07:33 AM
TGIF for sure Blondie! I have a wedding to go to this weekend. MY beautiful niece is getting hitched again. First husband wasn't much of a man at all. He liked to beat on her. Ya don't even want to get me started with that one.
Prayers to all who need them and our dear Dena. She was one of my swap partners a while back and she is a great person. So sorry to hear she is having problems again.
Yall have a great weekend.
Hugs from KY
Rhonda

dwil23
March 28th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Good Morning,

Blondie, your quilt will be beautiful when you are done and it will be worth getting it the way you want it. I had such an unproductive day yesterday, I must make up for it today. We are given so few days, and even fewer that we don't have to go to work, that I really hate wasting them, but boy I did a good job yesterday. I did finally get insurance on the house, so I can start the moving process all over. Today I will have some fun as I unpack things I will also be running my old stash of fabrics through the washer and dryer to get rid of the musty smell rom being in storage. That will be kind of like visiting old friends. I found a box of Carbona brand color catchers at the grocery store for $2.99 for a box of 30 - much cheaper than the other brand so will throw one of them in with the darker colors and see how they work.

Tomorrow we will be up at the crack of dawn and headed to Cape Canaveral to help DS and DIL pack their belongings into a portable storage unit for transport to my yard until they find a rental here. I will sure be happy when everyone is moved and settled.

I don't think I know Dena - unless she goes by a different screen name, but will say a prayer for her and others who are hurting and in need. Hope everyone has a Blessed Weekend!

Blondie
March 28th, 2014, 07:48 AM
For those who know her by her forum name - Deneldac00p is Dena's forum id. One fabulous lady.

EnumclawGramma
March 28th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Morning Blondie! Wow, I'm up early. I slept good (I think) and I'm ready to face a full busy day. Yoga AND volunteer work. It's Friday! It's going to be a rainy one. We had SO much rain yesterday, I am concerned about flooding. Oy.

I will keep Dena in my prayers. I believe she was my first Secret Santa swap buddy....

Blondie I am LOVING that qulit! I can't wait to see it finished. I really like the assortment of fabrics. You're so talented! It looks cozy and loved!

Off to get caught up on what's going on here, and I see there's a new tut! Love that! Hugs/Prayers for all in need. Be good to eachother! And smile.....

EnumclawGramma
March 28th, 2014, 07:59 AM
For those who know her by her forum name - Deneldac00p is Dena's forum id. One fabulous lady.

Thank you Blondie! Was wondering.....

Monique
March 28th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Good morning everyone. We got snow last night again. A couple of inches. I am meeting a friend for lunch today. I hope the roads are not too bad. I know we have a stop to make at Fabricland as well.

My hand quilting is coming along nicely. I will keep plugging away at it.

Have a wonderful day friends.

shermur
March 28th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Morning Blondie! You sweet woman! You always know the right things to say and uplift those who admire your spirit! Your quilt top is divine! And your hubby fending off the interruptions is wonderful!

I'm not sure if we'll have a home showing this weekend or not, I haven't heard anything yet. Although, I would have to bust butt to clean and straighten first. A former junior high school pal is in interior design schooling and she wants to come over to our home and see if there might be recommendations to make the viewings better!

It is most certain, I need to organize and tidy my sewing room for sure. Don't you hate when you're in the middle of something and then you get off track because you had to move your project?
Halona has made the decision to play softball again. Recreation league instead of competitive...which is great. she's been having trouble sleeping lately; I am hoping playing softball again will burn off her ADHD energy! DH will be head coach for her team until he has to leave to Arkansas in about 4 weeks...so many changes and still so much do to. I am so exhausted trying to keep on top of it all....I have accepted the fact that I am NOT Super Woman and I don't want to be...LOL.

Everyone have a great weekend and accomplish much on your current projects! Hugs to all that inspire and uplift encouragement!

MRoy
March 28th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Good morning! Blondie, I must confess that I laughed when I saw your picture, but I was thinking it looked exactly like something I'd do! I spent yesterday morning ironing smaller pieces of fabric and cutting them into strips...made my bad elbow ache worse. Then I vacuumed the floors...made my back ache worse. I think I'm falling apart...LOL.

I saw on the news that there were tornadoes in Missouri. I hope all our friends there are okay. Prayers for them and for all those going through difficulties. ((((HUGS))))

Bubby
March 28th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Morning,

We had bad storms and tornado watches and warnings all night. At one point I thought a tornado siren woke me up, but that's not possible. We had high winds and smallish hail. The Girls are afraid of thunder so I put them on the foot of our bed....do you really think they stayed there! Olive was under the covers with me when I woke up and Jeff said Dottie was hogging his pillow.

TGIF for everyone who doesn't have to work tomorrow. We will be working in Cuba tomorrow. We got very little done last Saturday except tenant issues.

Blondie, I love your BH star quilt...it's super cozy looking. I may try a block of the new tutorial and see if it's as easy as Jenny makes it appear.

I was just thinking about Dena yesterday. I'll add her back onto my prayer list.

Have a great day everyone!

aliaslaceygreen
March 28th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Good morning! I have to head to work soon too, but did have a productive quilting day off yesterday! Cut all the pieces for a jelly roll star quilt, out of yardage, of course, and started piecing it.... got about half way before I started doing stupid things too! So...after work today I may try to finish it up.... work of course all weekend and have Monday off! It almost looks spring like out there,but I heard rain was on the way for the weekend....

take care, and ((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))

GrammaBabs
March 28th, 2014, 08:48 AM
As usual... Blondie knows how to make us all feel happy, greatful and loved!!! I don't know how you gals keep everyone straight and I for one am the "receiver" of so many wonderful thoughts and comments.... that being said,, I "stink" at that remembering stuff,,, so please know that each and every one of you are always in my thoughts and talked about constantly.. my BFF's here say," Oh, you mean the M*.. place your on all the time... sounds like a great place!!! Alas, none of my friends quilt, just the 3 others I meet with on Tuesday..
Today is water aerobics,,, errands with Hubby,, TV tonight and Dance tomorrow night.. Sunday "rest"...
Again,, I thank god for all I've been blessed with and pray for those that struggle from time to time.. Please know I love you all and don't know what I'd do without you gals!! :)

Mpyles
March 28th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Good morning all! Blondie the quilt is going to be beautiful! I have not been in my sewing oasis since Sunday morning. Like you, I make mistakes when I am tired or don't feel well and honestly I just haven't had the energy or inspiration to sew this week.

Work today, hopefully a easy day. I dunno...of late we have been breaking records left and right. Last week I had my highest breakfast sales ever as well as drive thru. Mcdonalds was closed for remodeling...haha guess I know where mcd's makes their money huh!

Everyone have a great day!

(Proof read for reading clarity ;))

Sandy Navas
March 28th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Ugh. Many computer issues this morning. So, I broke away, ran to the gas station (prices up AGAIN!) and filled up. Off to Iowa with Li'l Sis to partake in a sad occasion - my favorite quilt shop (Thank you, Charyti for the heads up) gigantic sale. Hope to be able to come home with some wonderful finds. This place has the BEST in vintage fabric collections. I had to twist my sister's arm to get her to go with me. She is one of these fabulous quilters who refuses to have a stash. If she doesn't have a quilt going she just won't buy. Anyway, she does need some backing fabric - sure hope Robin has some left.

What a windy day yesterday. The tornado that hit was about 80+ miles northeast of here. The three little girls were outside yesterday, enjoying the mini-tornadoes though. Al got a great little movie of them running around in the twirling leaves. Guess who needed baths last night?

I'm going to have quite a few pictures this evening, I'm sure. We promised we'd be back before dark so the boogyman wouldn't get us. Mom always told us not to worry if that happened - because once it got daylight and they got a good look at us they'd let us go.

Sent Dena a card. Adding her to my prayer list.

Simply Quilting
March 28th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Good Morning :) The tornado in Missouri was about a mile south of my parents' house. Thankfully, no one was hurt. My Dad said that he was actually in town when it happened and watched it from there. They did not have any damage but it did damage to a couple of houses and the county barn which is where equipment is kept. In one of the homes, the roof and rafters are taken off the home but in parts of the house, nothing was moved. It is so weird the way a tornado can do damage.

I got called into work for half a day. Then the children and I are going to head to the big town south of us to meet my parents and among other things we are going to celebrate my Mom's birthday. I have a little bit of shopping to get done. One of the top stops is getting my daughter's glasses fixed - they fell apart last night and she has to have them all the time - that is the first thing that she does in the morning is puts on her glasses. Thankful that we have her old pair for her to wear.

Have a Great Day Everyone :)

Simply Quilting
March 28th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Sandy, have a great time shopping. Vintage fabric is my favorite.

EmmaB
March 28th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Happy Friday everyone!

Blondie, your quilt is awesome-sauce! We had a little bit of a thunderstorm in the wee hours and it and one of my puggies woke me up around 2:30 this morning. I couldn’t get back to sleep so I cut the pieces of a block I’m working on. By the time I got that done, I was getting sleepy and walked away. I knew better than to try to start putting it together.

Sounds like everyone is full of plans today. Glad to see some postings this morning from some of the Missouri forum members as I heard of a tornado on the news.

Not much going on today other than I’m at work. Boss is leaving at 10 for a dr. appointment so I’ll have most of the day to myself. Too bad I can’t bring my sewing machine here. These early mornings I’ve been having lately are catching up with me. Maybe by this afternoon I can’t catch just a few Z’s when I get home.

Have a fun shopping trip Sandy. I bet you are a hoot to travel with. I have yet to find a “favorite” local quilt shop as around here there are very few. I’m like your sister, in that I buy what is needed so I don’t have much of a stash either. Visited the WalMart store last night that 20 minutes from me with a friend of mine and investigated their small fabric area they are putting in. I’m not a fan of WalMart but it’s nice to know they are going to be carrying a small selection in case of a quilting emergency. What they had last night didn’t impress me at all. It was pretty lame.

I’m not familiar with forum member Dena, but I’m sure she is a fine lady. I hope her surgery goes well. Sending good thoughts Miss Dena and to everyone in need this morning!

MayinJerset
March 28th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Ah, 72061 Have a Good One.

auntiemern
March 28th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Good day all. Friday is just another day to me, cuz I don't have a regular schedule with the kids. DD is off today so no kiddos today. DH informed me we need to go shopping to get him a new pair of sneakers.
I finally calmed down enough to talk and type. DD called right after I rolled out of bed to inform me that Gabe had his testing done today, and inform me of the plans for him to start kindergarten. I never think of our little man as being 'slow'. I just know he is special, and that he is so very smart. So when I hear words like developmentally delayed, it kinda knocks me off balance. (these days it doesn't take much) I have been an emotional wreck for some reason. They have a plan to have a one on one teacher for him for math and reading. We need to work on his letter recognition, alphabet, and writing. We can do this. I wish everyone here could meet my little man and see just what a special guy he is. I count my blessings every day that he is what he is, because it could have turned out so much worse. Ok getting teeary again. Out for now. Hugs, blessings and prayers. Sending a special one up for Dena.

WendyI
March 28th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Hi All...well once again it's almost 1 in the afternoon and I'm JUST getting in here. Marilyn, I wish we could all meet your little guy...I'm sure he's amazing! Blondie, thanks for once again making me smile, even when I don't feel like it.

I'm at work today...but I am determined to be productive this weekend. The past month has been horrid. So going to colour my hair, bathe the dogglettes, and visit my LQS and get a project on the go! Wish me luck! (((((HUGS))))) to everyone who needs them! xox HAPPY FRIDAY!!