PDA

View Full Version : Thursday

Blondie
March 27th, 2014, 06:46 AM

Hello Folksies!

Moving slowly this morning, heckfire shoot, I wish my clients would just do their own hair today. And I don't understand why my Luscious Larry needs me to braid his hair. Why can't he just slip it up under a cap and let me get on with some good sleep? Oh well, not really complaining. Truly, once I am awake and partially caffeinated I am quite happy even if I don't feel like moving much.

Also, another recommendation here for those who feel a twinge of a cold. Get some ZINC losenges, take extra Vit C tablets, eat an apple an hour and you will soon forget you even had one. I feel pretty good today. That is a record for me. Pretty much two days of being worthless but hey, I didn't have to cook. And I don't have to cook tonite. My Mom is making some baked spaghetti. Oh yeah. (Note to self: Is there a way to garner sympathy food without actually being sick? Must check on google or pinterest)

Off to the shower and then to find my erstwhile coffee cup. I think I left it on the sideboard when I let Gracie out.

Have a wonderful day, folksies. Prayers being said for here on this board, nationwide and across the globe. Do your best to spread smiles and encourage others who need hope.

HandsomeRyan
March 27th, 2014, 07:30 AM
Morning all!

Blondie- My wife complains when I ask her to braid my hair too. ;) Especially when I want Little Man's hair to match mine...

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/32614_zps59a7e7cd.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/32614_zps59a7e7cd.jpg.html)

Little man has been cranky the last couple nights. I think it is just normal baby stuff as he seems fine (eating, no fever, passing gas and going to the bathroom regularly) but Mrs. HandsomeRyan is not coping with it very well which means Mr. HandsomeRyan is not coping very well. I love my wife but she is still seeming a little overwhelmed by this parenting thing. I'm really struggling with what is just normal post-pregnancy hormone craziness and where the line of "seek outside help" would be. (it has been 6 weeks) I don't think she is a danger to herself or the baby or anything, but she just gets so worked up every time the baby cries; I just want her to relax and enjoy being a mom rather than being so anxious about it.

I expected parenting to be hard but I thought it would be difficulty with the baby and not the baby-mama. Oh well, after all the stuff we've overcome in the last 14 years we'll make it through this too.

"Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors." -African Proverb

Blondie
March 27th, 2014, 07:50 AM
(((((((Tabitha)))))))) ((((((((Handsome Ryan)))))))) and a few ((((mini cooper))))) But then, I know little man's needs are being met. All I can say Ryan is to listen to Tabitha. I've always thought that while all the fuss is over the baby - it's only natural, the new first time Mommy is often overwhelmed. When my perfect first child was born three months preemie, I was more than a little overwhelmed. They sent us home in 10 days! The medical field would never consider that these days I am sure. My fist was bigger than his little head and he didn't even weigh 4 pounds. There was no family living within 4 hour drive and long distance calls were outrageously high - anyone remember those days - pre cell phones? My link to sanity was a good friend and prayer group. Also, La Leche League lady who was the true voice of reason for me when perfect son cried incessantly. I maintained better than ex hub who was ready to throw him out the second story window and me with the baby. Oy. More hugs, warm thoughts and prayers to see you through this. 6 weeks is not a long time to be a veteran mommy. It will get better.

Bubby
March 27th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Good Morning,

We had some high winds last night and our yard is filled with tree branches, small limbs, etc. I didn't even hear it but I knew it was breezy when we went to bed.

I took the circle quilt to Reggie yesterday and we sat and visited for over an hour. She's such a sweetheart and such a good friend. I met here when her DH hit my parked Jeep in my driveway with his dump truck. That was the beginning of a wonderful friendship. You never know what will come out of a chance meeting.

I did a lot of running around yesterday and got the food shopping done. I made stuffed shells in marinara sauce, chopped Italian salad and garlic bread last night. We ate like little pigs.

Ryan, hang in there. Hormonal changes after childbirth can be almost overwhelming for a woman. It's can be a very difficult time. My DD suffered with extreme Post Partum Depression after the birth of her first child. I went to her home and stayed with her for almost three months until we were sure she was okay. She also sought medical help. Her second birth was fine with no PPD.

Did you see the young woman on the news last night who lost her Mom and her baby in the mudslide? My heart really aches for her.

Have a good day everyone.

pcbatiks
March 27th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Good morning everyone.....it has been busy around here the last couple of weeks!

2 weeks ago we found out our son is moving away........http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/general-chit-chat/36592-our-bird-flying-further-empty-nest-prayers-appreciated.html

Problems with our septic system caused us to spend the night at my parents house Saturday through Tuesday night...so happy to sleep in my own bed last night.

Today I will be helping set up for the huge book sale that starts tomorrow & goes through the weekend! Looking forward to the sale!

Prayers for safe travels for our son & his GF & prayers for peace of mind of his parents will be appreciated. :)

Monique
March 27th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Good morning dear friends.

Ryan, maybe your wife should talk with her doctor, just a thought.

I colored by hair yesterday like I had planned. I also did some quilting. Hubby will be away tonight and tomorrow. I am meeting a friend for lunch and then a little shopping. And on Saturday we are going to an auction sale.

Have a great day everyone.

Mpyles
March 27th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Good morning, I'm with you blondie...why can't everyone eat at home today! No need to open the doors and I can stay home. Normally I am off today but since I stayed home Tuesday I am working today. Yesterday about 3 pm the wind went right out of my sakis and stayed out until I went to bed. I was exhausted. Hope today is better.

Ryan...perhaps tabitha needs a day out,,,with you and little man staying home. It's rough when in your head you have imagined being everything to your child and then can't figure out why they are crying. But if she's uptight he knows it and it's a circle. Things will come around.

Everyone have a great day!

dwil23
March 27th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Good Morning, all.

Ryan, I don't have anything to add to what Blondie said, fortunately I never had pp depression, so I can't say anything from experience. Just keep being supportive of her and make sure she gets as much rest as possible. Could it be more fatigue than anything? If she is used to sleeping a full 8-10 hours a day, it might be more her body adjusting to less sleep?

Well, DD's and I finally got my scrapbooking desk (a 3 piece behemoth), storage cabinets and paraphenalia, old dining room table that will be my cutting table, and 3 expedit storage shelves for my fabric moved into my new room yesterday. It took us all day after first dealing with two not so nice (or knowledgable) rental truck people. They worked really hard and were good about not wanting me to help, for the most part. Last night we got most of the things arranged in the room. I have got to figure out how to shim some things up properly since the floor in that room slopes (formerly was a garage), and then I will start putting things away. Lots of fabric to wash as it smells a little musty, so I have it in plastic bags. I'm not a prewasher, but looks like I will have a lot of prewashed fabric, now.

Saturday morning we will head to the east coast to help DS load up their "pack rat" unit for transport over here. It will sit in my yard until they find a place to rent. Of course, there will be one last stop at my favorite quilt store while I am there. I'm happy that they will be here, but I will miss The Quilt Place in Rockledge.

Hope everyone has a Blessed day -prayers for those that need them.

buckeyequilter
March 27th, 2014, 09:30 AM

Just wanted to say good morning before the morning is over :)

MayinJerset
March 27th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Began my post 3 times, changed my mind twice and the third time it disappeared so getting the hint I'll be brief this morning, 71990

EnumclawGramma
March 27th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Good Morning! I'm up, drinking my coffee and clearing my sleepy head. I always take a few minutes to read here, get a little caught up and get my brain going before I attempt a post.

Blondie, I'm glad to know you're feeling better. I've made a note of your suggestions for kicking the crud and plan to implement when I need it. Get lots of rest and drink plenty of juice!

Ryan, hang in there. This too will pass (as my Daddy used to say) and you guys are going to fall into your normal. Tabitha just needs love, hugs, understanding and an occasional break (AKA "me time").

I'm working at the hospital today. They're having a "Strollin' Colon" exhibit for March (Colon Cancer Awareness Month), and I will be handing out some sort of brochure or something. There is supposed to be some sort of inflatable colon....no idea. I volunteered because it's what I need to do. We'll see how this goes. I'm sorta wondering. I'll take a picture and share with you all later.

We had some sun breaks yesterday. Rain. Wind. More sun breaks. I think we're expecting more of the same today. March. Gotta love it!

Praying for all those affected by the mudslide here. Tragic. My nephew is an ER doc in that town. I believe he was out of town during this. I'm guessing he's home by now.....

Off to the shower and getting ready for the day. Hugs/Prayers all 'round. Have a wonderful day!

Sandy Navas
March 27th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Looks like the winds that blew through here all day yesterday have effected my friends to the east - everything and everyone seems windblown this morning. May's words even got blown out of the computer.

Mary, you sometimes have me so befuddled - can you explain sakis to me? I did a search and nothing seemed to fit your expression.

Yesterday was a day out of shopping, mailing packages (yes, Blondie, it is on it's way), and generally entertaining two of the DGDs. And then the excitement (more frustration on my part) of having everyone wanting their turn at making Yo-Yos. How do you convince a two year old that she's not ready to operate a needle and thread.

I'm needing to regroup my thoughts in the sewing room today - what shall I do? Where should I start? Needing to get a couple PICU quilts trimmed up and the binding on - maybe after some cleaning and straightening up things down there.

And so it goes - so many needing special prayers, so much devastation and sadness in the world. Oh, and HUGS to those with whom I have a special connection. You know who you are and why you need them.

CrazyMtnLady
March 27th, 2014, 10:15 AM
DON'T FAINT it's me.. just stopping by to say a warm and heartfelt HELLO.

Windy and rainy last night.. haven't looked outside for anything the wind might have decided to destroy yet. Surprised a tree didn't take out power which happens around here occasionally.

Yesterday I spent 6 hours sitting Indian style while MonkeyButt delieverd 8 yes EIGHT babies!!! I was so stiff and sore by the time she was done I could hardly move. I thought there were only 7 until I went to move them to the box I had set up for them and found #8. LOL
Momma and babies are all doing fine this morning. Little mews coming from the box are so cute sounding. Now just have to wait 6 weeks or so and find homes for them all. Except one, which DH has claimed already. It is the same color as our big "Planet" Chester that passed away last summer. He said he was even going to call it Chester.

Weather is starting to warm up now and then so will be able to get into my sewing room and sew soon. Yippee!!

Hugs and prayers to all.

Madeforyouinma11
March 27th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Sandy, I'm thinking she might have meant "sails"... Just a guess.
Well, we survived the crazy winds yesterday but not without damage. We have/had a carport and the thing just blew right off the house. Scary, but I thank God that no one was out there when it happened. It did some damage to my daughters jeep, but nothing major. Insurance will be coming by tomorrow to see the damage. Here's a pic...
Crazy, right?!
Well, today I'm off to the sewing room to do a little quilting. Trying to finish up a few things. I also need to run to the post office.
Hoping everyone has a great day, and sending prayers to everyone.

K. McEuen
March 27th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Mary, you sometimes have me so befuddled - can you explain sakis to me? I did a search and nothing seemed to fit your expression.

It it a fumble-fingered attempt at sails.

WendyI
March 27th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Morning all. I'm trying to avoid work today...won't be very successful because I have HUGE projects on the go right now...but at least I'm going to take some time to say hi in here for once!

Ryan, it's a physical reaction when your baby cries as a mother...at least it was for me. The anxiety WILL lessen but it is very difficult at first when hormones are all out of whack! How does SHE feel about things? Anxiety as a first time mother is perfectly normal...but yes, if it's interfering with her enjoying being a new mom then she might want to talk to someone. ((((((((HUGS)))))))))) to you both as you navigate this new parent thing!

EmmaB
March 27th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Good morning everyone! Glad to hear you are feeling better Blondie. An apple an hour? Always think about oranges when fighting a cold but not apples.

Mini Cooper looks like The Boss in this picture! LOL What a cutie pie. I’m sure it will get better for Mrs. Handsome. It takes a while to get over that overwhelming feeling.

My oldest sister is coming by this evening to drop off a book. I’m sure we’ll chat it up a little. My lunch hour will be spent straightening some things up before she comes and definitely got to hit the litter box. Fun, fun. I’ve been neglecting housework. May have to check myself in to Quilters Anonymous.

DD called me this morning and sounded in better spirits today so I’m huge thankful for that. The number of days remaining is now somewhere in the high 20's but I’m trying not to count hoping it will go faster.

Sounds like everyone is busy as bees today. I’m, of course, at work and dropping in to say a big HELLO to everyone. It’s just me and my boss here and he knows nothing about quilting so I come here to have someone different to talk to during the day. Lately things have been really slow and it’s pure torture sitting here thinking about things I could be doing if I were at home. Oh well, tomorrow’s Friday so all is good!

Have a good day everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buckeyequilter
March 27th, 2014, 11:31 AM

Haha...this came up for me...might be plural:

sa·ki
1 [sak-ee, sah-kee]
noun
any of several monkeys of the genus Pithecia, of tropical South America, having a golden-brown to black, thick, shaggy coat and a long, bushy, nonprehensile tail.

Simply Quilting
March 27th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Just a quick good morning. We did have some rain last night but not a lot. We are going to head to the park this morning. I have two crib quilts sewn into strips. I'm hoping to iron and get the tops sewn today.

I'm wishing I had the cash to go up to the Quilt Coop that is getting rid of everything but I spent my money when I stocked the last time I was at the Missouri Star.

Have a Great Day Everyone :)

auntiemern
March 27th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Yes it is Thursday. Where has this week gone. Been in a bit of a funk, but the cloud over my head is thinning. Ryan, being a mom is not an easy task for some women. For some it is as easy as breathing, yet for others it can seem like sinking in quick sand. I think a lot of how well a woman deals with childbirth and her baby, is dependent on what her state of mind was when she fond out she was gonna be a mom. Was she over the moon? Aprhensive, not quite thrilled? Just because our bodies were made for childbearing, doesn't mean our minds are. Some moms are naturals and others need a little work in filling the role. Don't stress to much over what she is going through, unless it is affecting her relationship with you and with Sawyer. If you feel like she isn't handling it very well, then maybe she should go to the doctor. It seems like you have a good handle on dealing with the little man, you just need to figure out how to deal with Tabitha while she is going through all of this. Don't be afraid to ask for help with something you haven't experienced before. We are here to help, and I am sure so are others in your life. Hugs to all of you.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 27th, 2014, 01:25 PM
On our way home from Atlanta. We 're crossing TN right now. Hope my backside can survive 6 more hours in the car.

grammakim04
March 27th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Thought I would pop in and say hello.
Finally found a home for my old Kenmore sewing machine. Found an ad on Kijji - a group who works with young women trying to regain their lives from drug & alcohol addictions were looking for donations of sewing machines. When she contacted me back, she asked if I had some fabric I could donate. So I went thru my stash...unbelievable what you can come up with when you start going thru it.

When she arrived, she looked at the boxes and said, "do you have anything left?"...and sheepishly looked at her and replied unfortunately lots.

It feels good to know this type of group is there to help get the people back on their feet. They teach them how to quilt and they will be selling the quilts to raise money to help others.

We still have way too much snow here, hopefully it will go soon,

I just want to say thank you to many of you who continue to pray for Chuck & I, you have no idea how that keeps me going, you are such a blessing in my life.

Have a wonderful and remember to always hug your loved ones.

K. McEuen
March 27th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Kim!!!!!!

:icon_wave:

Mpyles
March 27th, 2014, 10:04 PM

Oh sandy!! Befuddled? I had no idea I had such bad typing skills!! It's the auto correct on the iPad! Unfortunately it has a mind of its own! My fumble fingered attempt was in fact SAILS!! And the wind is still out of them!

Sandy Navas
March 27th, 2014, 11:05 PM
Let me tell you, this wind today is strong enough to take the wind out of your sails and put it back in on the other side before you even noticed it was missing . . . WHEN is it going to STOP?