PDA

View Full Version : It's Saturday

Blondie
May 28th, 2011, 07:49 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/4th015.jpg

We are officially into the Memorial Day Weekend now. I sure hope if you can't kiss a veteran, you thank one. And do it again for each person in this country who has taken for granted what our freedom has cost so many. God bless America. It is my continued prayer that righteousness will be restored to this nation.

After work today I will be getting things ready for our holiday hoedown. I sure wish I had some of Nancy's horseshoes!

(((( PATTI ))))), you are entitled. Take your time getting adjusted. I will slap it out of you when you've done enough. Sure wish I had wings to visit each of my quilty sisters for a quick hug and personal word of encouragement during each of our down days.

Lola, so good to see you back. I meant to say that the other day. And that goes for each dear sweet lady here that I have neglected to say hi to recently. My brain - hmmm, the 60's were good for me. Or was that the 70's? I forget what I am thinking most of the time. Like I said, I have enjoyed my life sometimes way too much? lol

Be safe this weekend, beloved. Enjoy yourselves whether it is cooking out, going to the beach, lake, bath tub - once again I say, God Bless America.

quiltingtrish
May 28th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Happy Saturday everyone! Oooh - I get to kiss my very own veteran right here and give Dad his tomorrow! Very important - remember those that have fallen for our freedoms.
Have a busy day today - have to get things set up for the picnic on Monday which means some cleaning here and there inside, tidying up the spring house outside where the picnic table is, getting the gas tank filled for the grill, catching up on all the wash, etc. etc.
DH made it home last night (did I mention that?) after a distributor cap blew on his brothers car.
Long week here - Zach, the 21 year old that I made the Cowboy Quilt for passed away Sunday. His services were scheduled for 9-11 on Thursday for visitation with the trip to the cemetary following and people started showing up at 8 and they finally left for the cemetary at 1. He was sick through high school and they couldn't figure out what was wrong. They diagnosed him with leukemia at Thanksgiving and God gave him to us for another 6 months. He sure put up a good fight, he will be missed by many.
Well, have to get the day started. I'll check back in later!
Hand out those hugs today.
Hugs,

Sandy Navas
May 28th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I bow my head to honor all the Veterans out there who have so graciously fought for our freedoms - those who have passed, those who returned and were whole, those who were wounded and those who still serve us every day. THANK YOU, EVERYONE!!

To all my friends here, I pray for peace, sunshine, good health, wealth, and good times.

Oh, and BBQ ribs that fall from the bone!! Succulent, YUMMY!!

debinmalaga
May 28th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Blondie, your post is extra lovely today - thanks for such a nice moment in my morning. Your heart and eloquence are gifts for your friends.

I'm so touched by all the patriotic feeling on this thread. My son is in the National Guard, and not only the service members but their families are touched by the gratitude of their country. I just wish the economy would improve, so our nation offered our returning vets a brighter future. Tony has been home from Iraq for two years, and hasn't been able to get hired in a full time, permanent position. He might have to volunteer for a deployment, just to have an income.

Mike and I are off to a big blast party, complete with live bands, pig roasts and porta potties - the works. It's up in the Pocono mountains, about 2 hours from us. We're taking the Mustang with the top down, it's a beautiful day. I need to find my inner party girl, the 90s Deb, and enjoy this day... but I confess I'd rather be home pulling weeds, finishing my girl's QFK quilt, and visiting with my kids. I'm a homebody.

Wish me luck on Monday, I'm walking in a Memorial Day parade with other bank employees. Supposed to be 92 with high humidity! It's only a mile, but that's a ways to carry a whole lotta me in the heat.

Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday weekend, enjoy those bbq's and picnics, find a moment to reflect on the sacrifices made for us, and never take our freedoms for granted.

SuzyQue
May 28th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Wow! Deb what I wouldn't give for some of those 90 degree temps here! It is rainy, cloudy, cool.........AGAIN! This winter is just morphing into one long cool, wet spring.....where is summer???? Have a great weekend everyone. Thanks, DAD, for your service in WWII...but most importantly thanks to all the currently deployed serving our country. To you, we owe our freedom.

toggpine
May 29th, 2011, 04:04 AM
I'm tuckered and my body is feeling OLD! Off to bed, so I can get back at again tomorrow!

Hugs to all of my quilty sisters!
Cathy