PDA

View Full Version : Massive Fire

madampolo
March 26th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Yesterday there was a massive fire in Houston. An apartment complex under construction caught fire and burned. Since it was under construction, no one was hurt. What makes this fire so upsetting to me is that it happened just a few hundred feet from where I worked (at AIG) for 20 years.

Massive blaze destroys residential building under construction in Montrose | News - Home (http://www.click2houston.com/news/massive-blaze-burning-at-residential-building-under-construction/25156408)

Miss Sheri
March 26th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Wow, Joyce, that was huge. Did any other bldgs also catch fire, or were they able to contain it to the one structure?

Gina
March 26th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Wow! Glad no one was hurt. Did see that one firefighter that appeared to be in trouble...Scary!

Genny
March 26th, 2014, 11:37 AM
I was watching this on TV...what a massive fire!

toggpine
March 26th, 2014, 01:03 PM
We saw that on the news last night. The one worker was trapped on the upper floor and had to jump down to the next balcony. The firefighters were finally able to rescue him. Scary!

Bubby
March 26th, 2014, 01:51 PM
We saw that on the news last night! That's a huge fire but I'm glad so far no one has been hurt.

Simply Quilting
March 26th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Wow...thankful that no one was hurt and other buildings didn't catch on fire.

madampolo
March 26th, 2014, 04:56 PM
It was a luxury apartment project that was being built, but not yet occupied. There was a dramatic rescue of a worker. The fire was contained to the apartment structure, but it was just not far from several office buildings that I worked at before I retired. They don't know what started the fire.

Then today I heard that a woman I worked with for years died yesterday from cancer that wasn't diagnosed until three months ago, so she went fast. You never know how short life will be for you, so why not buy that Daily Deal?