PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Greetings

Blondie
March 26th, 2014, 06:46 AM

Happy Wednesday Folksies!
The majority of snow from yesterday is gone. It was sure pretty coming down, it snowed all morning into the afternoon. Big fluffy flakes. The day warmed up, and most of it went bye bye. When hubs came home from work he couldn't believe how much more we had here than in town. Here's hoping that this was Winter's farewell for all of us!

I was speaking with a friend the other day and sorta bragging how I don't get sick like hubs. Like I do the neti pot thing, zinc thing, etc etc. I've come down with a cold which I am certain i have caught from him. Yesterday was sort of a lost and wasted day. I couldn't sew because I couldn't think straight. Oh I know you are thinking, well she never thinks straight - what's new there? Trust me, it was not safe for me to hold even a needle and thread in my hand. Feeling much better this morning after dosing myself with mega Vit C and my other usual self meds. I also slept a lot yesterday which was wonderful. I had some nutsy sick fever type of dreams that were quite entertaining.

Off to find that coffee pot and see what state the kitchen was left in last night by the guys.

Blessings, hugs, prayers for everyone. Be sure to think of someone today with a smile on your face. Have you ever noticed how difficult it is to not return a smile?

RoseMA
March 26th, 2014, 07:07 AM
Well Good Morning to you too!
Or I could say Good Night, since I haven't slept yet. Not sure what's up with that, just haven't been able to get a normal sleep pattern going lately.
Hope your cold is over and gone soon. Hope the winter weather is over and gone too. Its been a crazy winter.
Happy Sewing!
Cheers!
:)

Madeforyouinma11
March 26th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Morning! Hope you feel better soon, Blondie. Hubby started with a cold yesterday...again. Everyone has had it twice now, and "knock on wood" I still have not had it. I'm really shocked. The snow was supposed to start around 3am but there is still no sign of it yet. Trust me, I'm not complaining. It is really windy out though. Hoping that the snow is just going to skip us this time..we'll see, the day is still young.
I got some sewing done yesterday and cut out some blocks for the Hunters Star Block group. If you haven't joined, you should, it's going to be a good swap.
Today, I'm going to do some FMQ on Julia's quilt. I really need to get that done.
I hope everyone has a great day and prayers out to those who need them and bunches of (((hugs))) too.

rebeccas-sewing
March 26th, 2014, 07:39 AM
Having a cold is so not fun! I haven't had one for a very long time, however, I have developed chronic allergies that drive me batty. Seems like all the meds I've been given do little to help the problem. I finally saw an ENT. He said my problem is acid reflux that is causing the congestion. So far, his treatment is working either. I try not to complain since I know there could be lots worse things to face than this, but it's still a reminder that I'm definitely on the other side of middle age.

I've gone from drought in California to rain, rain and rain in the Netherlands. No surprise of course since I've been warned. At least now mother nature is watering the plants instead of my watering can/hose. By the way, does anyone know what plant this is? Joe had this waiting for me when I arrived. I've seen it before but I don't know it's name.

Blondie
March 26th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Rebecca, that looks like grape hyacynths to me. Little mini bundles of total joy is another thing I call them. Joe deserves an extra hug

Having a cold is so not fun! I haven't had one for a very long time, however, I have developed chronic allergies that drive me batty. Seems like all the meds I've been given do little to help the problem. I finally saw an ENT. He said my problem is acid reflux that is causing the congestion. So far, his treatment is working either. I try not to complain since I know there could be lots worse things to face than this, but it's still a reminder that I'm definitely on the other side of middle age.

I've gone from drought in California to rain, rain and rain in the Netherlands. No surprise of course since I've been warned. At least now mother nature is watering the plants instead of my watering can/hose. By the way, does anyone know what plant this is? Joe had this waiting for me when I arrived. I've seen it before but I don't know it's name.

Bubby
March 26th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Morning Everyone,

Blondie, sorry you caught cold. I hope your remedies work for you fast. Nothing worse than a Spring or Summer cold. Jeff has one, too and he should stay home today but that stubborn man refuses.

Rebecca, I think those are grape hyacinths if I'm not mistaken. They're lovely! Normally they come up around the same time as the daffs.

Not much happening here today. I need to make a Walmart run and then I can settle in and sew or sort things in my room. I've done a considerable amount of organizing and rearranging the last week or so. When I put pictures of my fabric cabinets on my blog I saw how messy they were. Isn't it amazing how the camera gives you a third eye to look at everything?

Wishing everyone a good day. My heart is with those in Washington where they had that terrible mudslide.

MayinJerset
March 26th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Blondie, Hope all your self meds keep working and your cold disappears. we can't have you ailing.
My body is awake but my mind isn't so I better get some coffee to wake it up.

HandsOffItsMine
March 26th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Morning all,

Blondie sorry you are snotty. Keep that tissue box close by.

Grape hyacinths Rebecca, very popular in Holland. My Oma Hagers loved those. :) One of my favorite aspects of living in Holland is that flowers are so inexpensive at the market and one always has a fresh bouquet in the house each week. Now that we're moving to a new lease house with an acre of land, I think I spotted some rose bushes. I'm also planning on planting some containers and annuals. Love flowers. :)

Yesterday I met up with Jean in Marietta, what a hoot. Was great to meet after two years on The Forum. She's a wonderful person and we had a 3 hour lunch! lol Eating, chatting and laughing.

Jean needs to move with her younger daughter/her kids to Atlanta to join up with her older daughter's family. It would be not only great for her family but boy could we get into trouble together. ;)

Second best thing is that we know that we'll meet up again in the future when she comes back to visit her family again. Next time she'll come to lunch in the Acworth area, we'll only spend maybe 1 hour at the restaurant and 2-3 hours at our house. Jean can have some wine and I'll have a cranberry spritzer, she can show me how to do a shabby chic rose on a quilt. :D

Thanks for sharing a great meal Jean! <3 Ruby

Today will be busy, we have our walk through/lease signing/get the keys at 2:30. Need to go to the bank, get the insurance binder for the liability on the house, pick up more matching containers to put the Easter Pillowcases in, go to WM to pick up cleaning supplies and kitchen cabinet shelving lining.

Of course, it's suppose to rain on Saturday when we have the truck to move the big furniture. UGH! Please say a prayer that it holds off 'till the evening. Sandy, don't to your naked rain dance 'till then please!!!

Prayers for those in need, huggers to all, Ruby

Jean Sewing Machine
March 26th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Good morning all! This is our last day in Atlanta, tomorrow we head for home. I got to vsit our Ruby yesterday, we had a great lunch and a very looooong chat! I cut some pillowcases before I left and sewed them up while the others slept in. Gave them to Ruby for her Cyber Elves. Going to cut some more and put them in my sewing area by my bed to sew up when I wake up in the middle of the night. I can make them without thinking, I need that kind of work to do for night owl sewing. Need to make some pillowcases and small kids quilts for MARILYN's PICU.

After thinking about it for months, I finally upgraded my iPhone. I can no longer get useful apps for my old phone, which is over three years old and it has served me well. The kids can use it to play games on, so it will live on to serve some more! SIL is an ATT guy, he was my advisor as to what to get for a plan, that stuff makes my head swim!

I need to work on a valance for my daughter's one bedroom and she has another cool fabric that she either wants a valance or a slipcover for her office chair. I want to see fabric.com, which is near here, don't know if we can work all of that in in one day! Hope you all have a great day! Snow flurries were spotted in Atlanta yesterday, and I heard many other places had real snow, as Blondie reported happened in NC. The Bradford pears are in full bloom here, but are losing their petals. When the wind blows, they look like giant snow flakes flying around! Beautiful!

MRoy
March 26th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Good morning! We had snow most of the day yesterday with a mini-blizzard in the afternoon but it melted almost as quickly as it came. Third day of working on taxes and I'm on the downhill sliding toward the finish...Yay! Blondie, I hope you continue to feel better. Spring/summer colds are awful!

Praying for Brandon and others today.

Mpyles
March 26th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Morning all! Back to the land of the living today. Monday I came home around noon and have been in bed since. I think I feel better this morning so will head out to work. I hate laying in bed...I can think only of all the things I could be doing. Drives me nuts.

Blondie glad you are feeling better! Jean and ruby...you look so cute!

Everyone have a great day!

Mom23
March 26th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Good Morning All,

Blondie, I never get sick either but I'm still recovering from a cold for over a week now. I haven't been able to visit my new great niece since I still have the sniffles. At least I don't sleep with tissue stuffed in my nose, and I can breath now!

Good to see Ruby and Jean got to meet up yesterday. Jean, are you keeping count of how many forum friends you meet up with? You are so fortunate to get to travel throughout the world!

Our guild is having a sewing retreat the next three days. My car is loaded down and I can't wait to get there. I could get used to traveling around going to sewing retreats but my hubby might not like it!!

Have a great day!!!!!

Monique
March 26th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Good morning dear friends. We did get a little sprinkling of snow last night. Are any of you affected by the mudslide in Washington State? Thinking of you.

I had to do some plumbing yesterday. Taps in the shower needed new washers. Done!! I finally got the curtains made for Jodi's kitchen and hallway, so the neighbours can't look in.

Today I NEED to color my hair. I can't stand the grey. I have to help with bingo tonight at the senior's home. So today I might just get some quilting done.

I wish you all a fantastic day. To all who are sick, get well soon.

Iris Girl
March 26th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Morning all. Glad the snow missed us again. Just want spring and to see my flowers popping up. Blondie hope you feel better. I have been cold free this season, but I have a trick. Working retail and register makes for alot of inconsiderate sneezy coughing people I deal with face to face, not to mention co workers. I use those clorox wipes they kill 99.9% of cold and flu germs. Every morning when I go in I wipe my register area down completely, touch screen, credit machine, telephone, pens, counters . You name it it gets wiped. it seems to have helped.
Had a weird dream last night involving a wolf in my kitchen, I ran into one sons room and he messaged his brother who crawled out the window with his gun and came in the front door and shot the wolf in the head.
Class day for me so its my fun day! will have 4 ladies today. 2 are working on UFO's and 2 are doing the 5 and dime runner. Taking Pizza home tonight as I don't feel like cooking.
Jean and Ruby look like you had a great time!
Monique I colored mine this morning couldn't take the gray anymore, I was over due.
Hugs to all that need and want them, have a great day all.

HandsOffItsMine
March 26th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Today I NEED to color my hair. I can't stand the grey.

Oh Monique, I been trying to get my hair back to my natural auburn. With all my gray it comes out with a purple hue! You know it's bad when Zander asks "Oma, why is your hair purple?" So I colored it medium ash brown...hate it! I need our Blondie to fix this hair disaster!!! I need a cut, an actual style would be great, Blondie you need to get you tushie here or I'm going to have to get my butt over to The Hill. Jean made a waiter take a picture, Don was amazed that I posted it. From the two, this was the better one. :P

I need to go lighter again...this is not working!

Klasien
March 26th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Just FLY in Ruby and I'll do your hair.......would be great with some highlights, and a nice longer bobline cut.....your choice ;)

So much fun to read you and Jean have met, I hope Ruby and I will meet this summer, Jan and I will be having Dutch coffee and cake with Ruby and Don in a few months I hope :)

Have a great day everybody :)

MayinJerset
March 26th, 2014, 10:07 AM
So Ruby, where's the photo?

NEVER MIND I FOUND IT - LOOKING GOOD GALS AND GLAD YOU GOT TO MEET IN PERSON.

Sandy Navas
March 26th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Good Morning, EVERYONE! Here I thought we were going to hear about two blondes hanging out and we find out that Ruby looks . . . well, RUBY! Who knew. Glad the two of you had a great time.

No colds here! Knock on wood. But, I have noticed that I resemble May's cartoon this morning. Spent yesterday on the road, went to have lunch with my brother and his wife. Always a lot of fun. They are about 70 miles south of us, so their daffs were blooming and tulips peeking out ready to open. My SIL has about 2 gazillion tulip bulbs she sets every fall. She's been written up in their hometown magazine. I tell her because she's so much closer to the ground she can get to the weeds easier than I can.

We are expecting a huge warm up today - but the winds are strong and just relentless. Guess that's what we get for living on top of a hill. So today holds grocery shopping, taking two of the girls. Michelle gets to pick her belated birthday gift and Rita has promised Nana a special 'groserie shoper' helper.

Al has been putzing around with the long arm and thinks he's finally solved the tension issues - he has more patience that I have and I guess I'm glad to have him fixing things. Now if I could just teach him to change a light bulb.

EnumclawGramma
March 26th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Good Morning! Everyone's up so early today! Or is it just me? Did I sleep in again!? I've only got a couple minutes, I need to drink my cuppa and get a shower before everyone else gets up.

Yoga today. I got DH to go with me on Monday and I LOVED having him there!! He's more athletic than I am, he used to teach martial arts. He did really well and loved it, and if we can find a class in the evening that would suit both of us....he's in! And he got a good workout which really surprised me. Still complaining a little of being sore. Yay for Yoga!

The news on the mudslide here just gets worse and worse. Here's a pic that was posted on a local media website of the actual slide:
Gives you an idea of how HUGE it was. Just can't believe it.

Blondie Please Please feel better! Nobody likes a sick Blondie! Sending healing prayers and hugs your way.

Better get moving. I have Hugs/Prayers for so many today, so many in need. Have a wonderful day, hug someone for no reason other than that you need a hug and they do too!

GinnyKNC
March 26th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Good Morning
Blondie I hope you feel better soon and you always make me smile :) We just had cold rain and some sleet yesterday.
Jean and Ruby I'm so glad you guys were able to meet up. FUN FUN FUN
I'm so ready for spring to stay around and none of this cold, snow, sleet.
Hugs to all and prayers to those in need ~ Happy Quilting

This is how I feel...

dwil23
March 26th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Good Morning, all. Running late today. I was awake earlier and decided to lay back down for a half hour. Bad choice. The phone woke me up a few minutes ago. DD's have gone to pick up a moving truck because today is the day we are moving my scrapbooking furnitures and a few other things to the new house so that I can get my scrapping/quilting room set up, and all the boxes and bins containing those things out of the family room and living room. Then, we will be able to get the new floors down in that room. Finally.
The nasty smoke smell is FINALLY GONE!!!! Ruby I know what you mean about rain - we were supposed to do this yesterday, but canceled because it was raining. So instead spent the day with ExDH there changing out wall plugs to GFCI's so I can buy insurance. Good luck with that insurance, Ruby.

Looks like Jean and Ruby had a great time. Jean I like your idea of having a few small projects ready to sew on in the middle of the night. I have an extra machine or two now and a desk in my bedroom.

Glad you are feeling better Blondie,

Hugs and prayers to all...

rebeccas-sewing
March 26th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Thanks, Blondie! I've heard of Grape Hyacinth but had no idea what the plant looks like. An extra hug was definitely given to the big guy. Sometimes he surprises me with his sweetness.

EmmaB
March 26th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Hello good quilting people!

Get better Blondie!!! I was walking to work this morning and was thinking how fortunate I am to have avoided the sniffles this year. Probably jinxed myself by thinking that. DD called me this morning and said her head feels like it's going to explode so she wasn't going to class this morning. Crimany! She only has like 28 days left and she's going to miss today.

How fun that Ruby and Jean got to meet up in person. Sounds like you all had a great time.

I played bunco last night and didn't win a thing but had fun playing. Woke up way too early this morning and now I'm at my desk wanting to close my eyes. May have to catch a cat nap on my lunch hour. I'm always a little droopy on Wednesday for some reason.

Happy Wednesday everyone!!

Kat 2
March 26th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Good Morning All

Well at least late morning, I need to start getting my day started sooner. I have been so bad this winter and sleeping til 8AM and not getting my day started til 2 or 3 hours later. Hurry up warmer weather because it motivates me to getting up earlier and moving sooner.

Hope you feel better soon Blondie. Jean and Ruby you two look great and glad you had a nice lunch. Ruby I gave up the fight with my hair a long time ago and just when with the grey, so my hair is now white but you look way to young for white hair so good luck with finding a good color.

Rebecca I do not know what kind of flowers they are but they are beautiful.

Planning on going to Rising Sun Indiana Friday to a quilt show and suppose to rain but know it will get a great day still since will be with a great group friends shopping for fabric and looking a some beautiful quilts.

Prayers to all my forum friends and their families that need them and hope the rain holds off for those that need it too.

lilmouse
March 26th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Morning everyone...still morning here....our water heater is going out.,,plans today are to get another one and get it installed...thankfully a friend of Steve's does all of our replacement on those and he has done several so far...and of course Steve's sister who is in charge of all this stuff is in Fla so I get to handle it all....lucky me....anyway I will "get er done". Especially since it is MY hot water heater!!!! I need my hot water baths!
I have been accomplishing allot lately and hope to keep the motion moving forward....have two quilts just waiting for binding and have plans for another quilt for COC for Blondie.....but it will be awhile yet as I still have two incomplete projects to finish up besides the quilts that need binding.
I have been following the news on that mudslide in Washington and it is more than my brain can fathom....one square mile and almost half of a mountain....lots of prayers going out of here for those poor people and the workers as well.
Hugs to all....off to start my day after one more cup of coffee......

Granny Judy
March 26th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Taking a break and getting lunch ready.. was up real early and got some more work / cutting done on my Blue Dresden blocks. Takes me forever, but when I get tired of looking at it. I have other projects waiting for my attention. Such As, enlarging a quilt that is already done(?) Needed to be longer for that "tall" person.

Glad your feeling better, Blondie.. sniffles are NO fun. Loved the picture of Jean & Ruby. It is so fun to meet up with other forum members. Prayers and hugs going out to our other family members.. lots going on and I am way behind in my touching bases with all.

Oven is beeping.. so lunch is ready. will try to catch up with all later today.

Simply Quilting
March 26th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Blondie, hope you get to feeling better soon. Ruby and Jean looks like you gals had fun meeting :)

It is slow moving here today. I went to bed after supper last night and minus getting up a couple of times for a few minutes stayed in bed until after 11 AM. Just feeling very tired. The wind is blowing sky high here today and the sun is now hiding. We have both wind and fire advisories out. There is a chance of rain tonight and tomorrow - we really need the rain.

Yesterday a friend and her two boys came over for a visit in the afternoon. The children had fun playing and we had a nice chat.

There is not a whole lot planned for today. I want to finish sewing the top of a baby quilt. Then take the bright five and dime quilt to church tonight to show one of the ladies who quilt.

Have a wonderful day everyone :)