PDA

View Full Version : Night Owls- Did I miss winter?

Lisapc
March 25th, 2014, 11:09 PM
So I have not been here in a long time. I snuck in once or twice to get a phone number or email but that is really it. I was sick, on IV antibiotics at home for 6 weeks, just got the mainline out last Friday sick. Who knew you could carry strep in your heart for so long and it could hide so well.

I feel like I missed winter. I honestly feel like Christmas was a lifetime ago. I was very ill last spring. Drooling, don't remember, almost died twice kind of sick. I didn't tell anyone at the time how sick I was because I just didn't. This time a forum friend was talking to my daughter and knew pretty much how sick I was. Except for the heart thing. I didn't even find out about that until a couple weeks ago from the infectious disease doctor I had a visit with.

Anyway I feel better than I have in over a year or more. Honestly. I still have fatigue and have to nap but considering everything that is nothing.

I have missed all of the Night Owls and my other forum friends.

I am on my way to bed now but just wanted to pop in to say "Hello" and thank you for all of the cards, gifts, pm's and prayers that you have sent me. You are an amazing group of women and I know I have missed much. I am still recovering but I will be here as able and I am so sorry that I have missed so much.

Genny
March 26th, 2014, 12:09 AM
I'm so glad you're feeling better, it sounds like you've really been thru a lot this last year. Sounds like the worse is over and now you can enjoy life again. Hugs

Pegger
March 26th, 2014, 12:13 AM
I'm a fairly newbie. You have my sympathy. Sounds like you've had a tough year. Nice that you are on the mend. Rest because you probably need it. Take care of yourself.

bubba
March 26th, 2014, 12:30 AM
I think you did miss winter, but I missed you!!! I have had you in my thoughts daily, worrying about you. Glad to see you alive and getting better!

EsGrandma
March 26th, 2014, 12:30 AM
So glad that you are feeling better - we really missed you!!

MayinJerset
March 26th, 2014, 12:37 AM
Hey Lisa, Glad to see you here among the Night Owls and that you have pretty much recovered from being so sick, now don't stay up too late as you need your rest. Let the healing prayers continue. May
PS: Just to make you feel better Winter is coming back for a day or so with a few inches of snow. It has begun snowing here in Jersey and you should get yours tomorrow

Miss Sheri
March 26th, 2014, 01:04 AM
LISA!!! YEA!!! I've missed you! :icon_hug:

Kgrammiecaz
March 26th, 2014, 01:06 AM
It is great to see you back Lisa. Keep on mending and taking good care of yourself. Lots of rest of course. Slow moving back to normal. Have totally missed your posts! :)
:icon_wave:

Auntpiggylpn
March 26th, 2014, 01:08 AM
Good to hear from you and just so you know, you didn't miss a thing this winter! I'm over it, ready for some sunshine and warmer weather!

Judy, USMC
March 26th, 2014, 01:13 AM
Been wondering about you! After every thought a little prayer was added. So glad to hear you are recovering... and able to pop in to let us know. Hope to see you posting more often as you get stronger.

Lindagie
March 26th, 2014, 01:33 AM
Haven't seen the NightOwls post very often lately, and I miss a lot on the forum. I remember that you were ill Lisa, but I didn't know how ill; and I certainly am happy that they found out why you were so sick and that you are feeling better now. Welcome back! (If you missed winter this year, consider yourself lucky; its been a bummer)

BobW
March 26th, 2014, 01:42 AM
Welcome back. I'm glad you are getting better. As far as missing the winter, it was crappy and if you had to miss something at least it was winter. Spring is on the way and warm sunshine that will help you feel better also.

pcbatiks
March 26th, 2014, 01:45 AM
Yeah.......Lisa is back! So happy to see your post tonight & that the doctors found out what the problem was. It sounds like it has been a rough time for you. Take care of yourself and don't over do it. Welcome back! :)

bakermom
March 26th, 2014, 02:30 AM
No, you didn't miss winter-it's alive and well and living in Ohio.
Glad to see you back! Hope this year is better for you

bkthomas
March 26th, 2014, 03:35 AM
FINALLY!!! SHEESH!!!

Nidan_07
March 26th, 2014, 04:15 AM
You've been missed!!! Hope you are still taking it easy. So glad you are on the mend. Strep in the heart??? Wow!!! Sounds downright scary to me.
All the very best for journey out of fatigue!!!
Hope to hear more from you, matey.

turena65
March 26th, 2014, 04:42 AM
So happy to hear you are on the mend... I'm so sorry that you have been so very ill... you haven't missed a whole lot, and winter this year would have been a great one to miss! :)

dwil23
March 26th, 2014, 05:50 AM
Welcome back - glad to hear you are doing better

Jean Sewing Machine
March 26th, 2014, 05:53 AM
Hope you continue to heal and get your strength back.

rebeccas-sewing
March 26th, 2014, 06:02 AM
Welcome back to the Forum, Lisa. My goodness, this comes as quite a shock to hear how ill you've been. I'm so glad to hear you're feeling lots better. How on earth did they discover the strep on your heart? I've never heard of anyone getting it anywhere except the throat.

Cathy F
March 26th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Glad to hear your on the road to a complete recovery, welcome back!

Iris Girl
March 26th, 2014, 07:20 AM
You have been missed! Glad you are feeling better and can get back to life. Don't overdo it take it easy and rest when necessary.

Kelly F
March 26th, 2014, 07:22 AM
Oh my Lisa! Two years in a row sounds miserable. I hope it doesn't repeat itself next year! So happy to see that you posted with an update! I missed you my friend!!

We we will talk soon! Hugs!

bonniebella
March 26th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Welcome back Lisa. Glad to hear you are recovering.

Madeforyouinma11
March 26th, 2014, 07:55 AM
HI LISA!! It's so nice to see you post again. I think of you everyday and you've been in my prayers. Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Wow, you've really been on a crazy ride this year. I hope this year will be better to you. I haven't been on the night owl thread lately. Hubby is now working days and we are up at 6, so we have had to adjust our sleeping habits...bed by 10... Lol
Keep getting the rest that you need and look forward to you being back in full swing again soon. ((((Hugs))))

ilive2craft2
March 26th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Glad to hear from you and that you are on the mend!

bhaggerty
March 26th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Glad to hear you are doing better! Take care!

EmmaB
March 26th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Glad you are feeling better and look forward to seeing you here a little more. But don't over do!!!!

lilmouse
March 26th, 2014, 12:27 PM
I am so happy you are feeling better and we are very fortunate that you are still alive...take care of yourself...you have time to catch up. Keeping you in hugs and prayers

Simply Quilting
March 26th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Lisa, glad to here that you are back. And almost mended. Praying that you continue to gain strength.

Mimis-quilts
March 26th, 2014, 08:19 PM
Lisa,
So glad to know that you are finally feeling better. Strep is a nasty, nasty bug...as you have found out. Continue to rest and follow up with your docs. Thoughts and prayers continue for you.

bkthomas
March 26th, 2014, 08:24 PM
I am so happy you are feeling better and we are very fortunate that you are still alive...take care of yourself...you have time to catch up. Keeping you in hugs and prayers

You are so right!........I just talked with her today, finally.....it truly is scary what she just recently found out about her condition, and for all intents and purposes.....we are lucky that she did not die!!!!

Ginny B
March 26th, 2014, 10:23 PM
Hi there Lisa. Glad you popped in but so sorry to hear about all you have been going through. Get lots of rest, drop in when you have the energy and get well soon. You have been missed.

Lisapc
March 26th, 2014, 10:30 PM
Hubby is watching Jaws so I thought I would pop in.

You guys are amazing. I disappear again and yet when I come back with a huge "oh woe is me" post you are nothing but kind and supportive.

I was very lucky. I love life, my life and will do whatever it takes to continue to get better and stay well. I just attributed all of my symptoms to the Lupus and they were identical just made so much worse by an infection I didn't know I had. I only went to the hospital because my daughter was supposed to drive me to the doctors and took me to the ER instead. I had a horrible cough and fever and I didn't want to deal with that on top of what I thought were Lupus symptoms.

I have this to say and then I won't whine anymore. If you don't feel right and the doctors tell you it is normal for whatever reason and you just know it isn't keep asking questions. Trust your gut. I never recovered from last spring and I knew it but it was "normal" for the Lupus and the progression of it. Now the Lupus is a cake walk. I still have to take care of me and nap daily and am honestly for the first time ever in my life putting my needs first. It will take a while to recover but I am her to do it and that is enough. I will baby me for a while.

Thank you all so much!