PDA

View Full Version : About our friend Brandon.

RFREE
March 25th, 2014, 08:30 PM
For those of you who are familiar with my friend Brandon through the posts or the 2 quilts and several pillows we made for him a couple years ago.(He still talks about his quilts by the way)..(pictures of him and the quilts in my profile) I have some very troubling news to share with you...
He has been having some pretty significant cardiac issues for several weeks now. He called me a few weeks ago and told me he was having episodes of tachycardia ( rapid heart rate) off and on for quite a while but had recently made his mom aware of them. Well he called me the other night and told me he got very sick very quick while he was on a horse during his horse therapy session. He also told me he is now having a heart rate of over 100 during the night while he is in bed sleeping. Not good. I am very concerned for him. He is a miracle. For those of you not familiar with him he was not expected to live past 1 month old and is now 20 years old.
He had an appointment with the cardiologist at Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville Tenn. today. I text him at 6 this morning to remind him to call me with what he finds out today. It is now 6:30 and I haven't heard from him.
Please pray for this young man. His whole life has been a struggle and I am just sick at what he is now having to deal with.
I will let you know when I hear from him.

K. McEuen
March 25th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Prayers going out to Brandon. Hopefully it is a simple fix with meds or even a pacemaker.

BobW
March 25th, 2014, 08:41 PM
Hopefully he is just celebrating good news. I will keep you and Brandon in my thoughts and well wishes.

Bubby
March 25th, 2014, 08:43 PM
I'm sorry to hear this, Rhonda. I'm praying for him.

HandsOffItsMine
March 25th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Prayers for Brandon and healing light. Please keep us posted, I know you will but he has a special place in our hearts. Like you I'm worried about these rapid cardio episodes.

MRoy
March 25th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Prayers for Brandon. Thanks for keeping us posted Rhonda.

mom4him
March 25th, 2014, 10:02 PM
Prayers for Brandon.

Miss Sheri
March 25th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Prayers for Brandon and you too.(( (Rhonda)))

Pegger
March 25th, 2014, 10:14 PM
Prayers are on the way.

New York Sue
March 25th, 2014, 10:24 PM
(JAYZEE! I was SO new when you put that quilt together! I hope my blocks didn't throw you too much off....)

He's a man. In other words, you're not going to get LIVE coverage.
I'm sure he's fine....
Now if you said his heart rate was 200 bpm, I'd be concerned.....

Sandy Navas
March 25th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Rhonda, thanks for letting us know. I started thinking about him because someone on the forum recently mentioned him in reference to the wonky star quilt. Please share with him that we are all praying for him. Hopefully this is a fluke and he'll be right as ever soon.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 25th, 2014, 11:35 PM
So sorry to hear of Brandon's health issues . It was indeed a privilege to know him through you and to make those special quilts for him. I hope the docs can fix him up quickly with some meds and he'll be back to feeling good soon.

maxwellthecat
March 26th, 2014, 01:28 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to Brandon

BellasQuilts
March 26th, 2014, 01:51 AM
Praying for our boy, Brandon, now!

Blondie
March 26th, 2014, 06:30 AM
Rhonda, I am so sorry to read this! I will definitely say some prayers for Brandon. Thank you for letting us know. You're so right, he IS a miracle and I think of him often.

Blondie

rebeccas-sewing
March 26th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Poor guy! I hope they can get him straightened out. I know how worried you must be. Keep us posted. In the meantime, lots of prayers are being said on his behalf.