PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Remember these 2?

MayinJerset
March 25th, 2014, 11:51 AM
71828 I was always intrigued by them, wondered how his inventor came up with the idea of a rubber 'kid' and his friend. OK do you remember their names?

K. McEuen
March 25th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Gumby and Pokey!

They were claymation figures at first, that carried over into kids toys.

kmerfeld
March 25th, 2014, 11:57 AM
I was jealous of my best friend when I was little for having Gumby :)

bubba
March 25th, 2014, 01:05 PM
I was upset when one of the wires poked out his arm!!!! Of course, we couldn't afford to buy a new one!

pcbatiks
March 25th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Hey......it's Gumby!

mommadeb
March 25th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Gumby and Pokey!

asta
March 25th, 2014, 01:31 PM
You could probably still find these guys in a box in our basement!

Vonnie
March 25th, 2014, 04:03 PM
You could probably still find these guys in a box in our basement!

If they are there, they are probably a collectors item - might be worth a lot!

Sharyn J
March 25th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Oh, I still have my Gumby!

K. McEuen
March 25th, 2014, 04:14 PM
I was upset when one of the wires poked out his arm!!!! Of course, we couldn't afford to buy a new one!

My Gumby was pretty much a paraplegic because of all his broken wires. I was 4 and headed in to the hospital to have my tonsils out. My mom gave me a brand new Gumby to take with me. When I got to the ward, I opened my suitcase to get my pajamas out. The little witch in the bed next to me, jumped out of her bed, grabbed my new Gumby out of my suitcase and crawled all the way to the wall under my bed. I was trying to go after her, but mom had hold of me. One of the other kids in the room went under and got him back for me. He told me if she gave me any more trouble to let him know. It seems none of them liked her. She didn't go after my Gumby again while we were in there. Haha, it's funny to think back on it now, I had little kid bodyguards!

buckeyequilter
March 25th, 2014, 04:39 PM
There is a Gumby dog toy at my house. I don't think the dogs like him real well because they never play with it.

Iris Girl
March 25th, 2014, 04:55 PM
Gumby and Pokey!! I had both toys and I loved the cartoon!

GSArcher
March 25th, 2014, 05:55 PM
I loved Gumby and Pokey. My younger brother made a claymation movie for school called "Gumby vs Godzilla". It was soooo funny. Of course, Godzilla won.