PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday is always a good day to smile

Blondie
March 25th, 2014, 06:36 AM

Hello Folksies!

The above says it all. I couldn't have said it better. That's all there is to say and so, I will just add. Smile. And if you need sunglasses, go dig in the bottom of your hand bag?

Praying for so many this morning, my knees are needing a hot/cold compress. My heart is heavy over so many things I read here. Off to find my sunglasses -

dwil23
March 25th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Good Morning!

Not much to add to that - except I think I will go back to bed for a bit.

Prayers for all in need and have a Blessed Day.

Bubby
March 25th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Morning Everyone,

We got a light layer of ice last night. I think it will melt off today. In the meantime I'll stay home.

Yes, we have a lot of serious issues going on right now. We will keep praying and believing. Hugs All Around, Barb

Granny Judy
March 25th, 2014, 08:07 AM
adding my prayers to everyone else's... And hoping the dishwasher problem gets resolved today.. It was working or so I thought, but I was informed the blades aren't spinning. A repair person is coming out and will replace it if there is a problem.. warranty is still good.. "it's only 2 weeks since purchase date".

I don't mind doing dishes by hand ever so often,, it helps with the arthritis..... Otherwise It will be a day of adding length onto a quilt that is already done, but DD wants it longer... Hubby is too tall. OK, so I forgot. I blame it on my advanced years and memories of when you all were smaller. LOL....

HdWench
March 25th, 2014, 08:10 AM
oh I finally get to catch a Morning thread!!! well yes, I've been up again and it's only 4 am here so Good morning! Love the picture you found Blondie - truly says it all.

:icon_wave: Stay warm and safe and hope you all have a good day

:-Debbie

HandsOffItsMine
March 25th, 2014, 08:14 AM
First off...prayers for many of my M* family and friends who are in need. <3 for you.

Around 11 pm, I finally got an email from the area agent of the national property leasing agent for the day/time to do the walk through/lease signing. Now I can breath! We got the truck for Sat to move the big furniture, which should go in one load as we don't have that much. Then we'll do the boxes, the fabric bolts will be the biggest pain lol as I didn't keep the special sized boxes they get shipped in. Guess I'll double bag them in lawn bags, at least Don knows to be gentle with them and stack them properly. lol He won't want to listen to my b*tching if the bolts get dented. lol

Fun to be had today! Meeting Jean Mean Sewing Machine in Marietta for lunch! Is that going to be fun or what?!? So grand to finally meet after 2 years of cyber reading!!! Nice to know that we'll have these visits when she comes to visit her family here in Atlanta. Next time she'll be able to spend time at our home, she can share her FMQ skills with me. I still am most comfortable with graphic line quilting. :)

Huggers, Ruby

Jean Sewing Machine
March 25th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Good morning all! It seems weird to be lolling in bed at 7:13 EDST and it is still dark out. Must get my mojo going and get up! So looking forward to meeting Ruby today! Isn't meeting our forum friends face to face fun? I'm sure we'll find plenty to talk about. I hate taking her away from the moving tasks, but am so glad we could get together!

Have a wonderful day, quilty friends! Prayers to those with special need for them today.

buckeyequilter
March 25th, 2014, 08:33 AM

Good morning....the bird is wondering the same thing I am. It is cold here this morning and I think we're supposed to have some snow today.

I have a couple quilts to finish up, just as soon as I find my sewing machine. I am cleaning my sewing room and I think I'm making more of a mess. I just have too much stuff...I do have a huge tote that is empty so I may just start putting everything I don't want in there instead of laying it on a table.

Well need to get busy...have a wonderful day!! Prayers and hugs

Madeforyouinma11
March 25th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Good morning...
Blondie, it's so true and prayers out to all of them. Judy, I hope you get your dishwasher fixed. I don't mind doing dishes by hand once in a while, but only if it's my choice, not because I have to...LOL
Ruby and Jean, Im sure the two of you have a wonderful visit. Enjoy!
Well, hubby and I finally got 8 full hours of sleep last night! Yay! I feel really good this morning and I'm going to get into my sewing room soon and get some things done. Dropped the car off at the garage this morning after taking hubby to work so, for now, I'm stranded.
Well, off to do a little reading and start my day! Prayers to everyone and hope you have a great day!

Shirley, I just seen your post and hubby and I were saying the same thing this morning. It's so cold! I can't take anymore and we are getting snow today and tomorrow. We are on a winter storm watch from noon today til noon tomorrow...UGH!

MRoy
March 25th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Good morning! Blondie, I'm going to steal your sign and post it on FB as a reminder to some folks. My back is getting better I suppose, it's more sore but less stiff. I've got my tax bookkeeper hat on this week, made a good dent in it yesterday and hope to do the same today. Hello and good morning Debbie! Ruby and Jean, have a wonderful time today. Barb, stay safe and warm today. Judy, I hope you get your dishwasher fixed today. Donna, have a good nap.

Prayers and good thoughts to all those in need of them.

P.S. Shirley, I LOVE the sign! LOL!

Blondie
March 25th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Okay, it is snowing right now as predicted. Hoping that "they" are also correct in that it will be gone by this afternoon. It started a short while ago and now there is no green (or dirt in my case) left to be seen. Get ready Northern Sisters, it's coming your way. Hunker down and get those sun glasses out. Next year, I am keeping my shotgun ready for that stinking groundhog.
Shirley, love that sign, too.

MayinJerset
March 25th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Not so great morning if Blondie's snow is on its way here. Was expecting it so we did errands and food shopping yesterday. Joint and my personal checking account are done so now it is time to pay some bills. Sister Carol and I were thinking of each other yesterday, I sent her a long email and she left me a message while I was out. She's off from work today so we'll catch up with each other this morning. Have to get a new quilting pattern lesson ready for her, she is interested in the Carpenter's Wheel.

Miss Sheri
March 25th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Good Morning Friends,
My heart and my prayers are headed out to so many here today, and gratitude for the many tender mercies poured out on so many friends here who have needed a 'lift'. Blondie, and Shirley, I enjoyed both of your signs this morning. We have snow coming here in Utah today too. Trying to decide if I should go out and cover up all my daffodils that are just beginning to pop open. Have a beautiful day, have some sunshine in your heart, if not in the sky. Hugs! Sheri

EmmaB
March 25th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Good morning all!!! We had a flurry or 2 overnight but thank goodness that was it. DD left for school a little later than usual yesterday but I enjoyed the extra time. Playing bunco tonight with a group that I used to play with full time but they call me when they need a sub. It should be fun.

Prayers and hugs to everyone going through difficult times.

Gotta run, we have Court this morning.

meemeecyn
March 25th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Good morning, all you special quilting friends! The sun is out here....that in and of itself is a great reason to smile!

Lucky you, Ruby and Jean. Have a great day together! We'll all be there in spirit.

DH continues to get stronger and recovering nicely from his bone marrow transplant. Is even talking about golfing! We are getting 'back in the saddle' with the grandchildren. It is so wonderful they like crafting!

Have a wonderful day to each of you. Haven't posted for awhile, but do try and keep up with news. Prayers said and words of encouragement given for those in need. Hope you can feel the love through these electronic words.

Cynthia

Simply Quilting
March 25th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Coming in late. It was a late night. Hubby went for a walk after work at midnight and I hate to go to bed if he is out walking.

The snow that we had predicted for our area didn't get as much as they predicted. It is just really cold today.

Praying for all those who need to be lifted up.

Have a great day everyone :)

buckeyequilter
March 25th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Ok now let's just hope that is mother nature's last hurrah for us.....practically a white out. I think (hope) it's finished now.