PDA

View Full Version : so sad....

bubba
March 25th, 2014, 02:32 AM
I don't know that I even know anyone who lives in this area, about an hour north of our house, but it's absolutely terrible what has happened. I just can't imagine the devastation. They think the mud in some parts is sixty feet deep in some areas.

14 dead in Washington mudslide; search continues | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News (http://www.komonews.com/news/local/No-signs-of-life-after-huge-landslide-near-Oso-251927321.html)

bakermom
March 25th, 2014, 03:04 AM
I saw pictures of it. Cannot imagine seeing it for real

GuitarGramma
March 25th, 2014, 03:30 AM
It really is awful. What a tragedy.

MayinJerset
March 25th, 2014, 03:53 AM
Just can't imagine it, just sitting in your home and then being buried alive.

bonniebella
March 25th, 2014, 04:57 AM
Horrifying thing to happen. An hour away must seem so close really. Very hard for the families still looking for their loved ones.

Vonnie
March 25th, 2014, 05:31 AM
We saw this on the news. Just awful. It reminds me of what happened in Southern California about 35 - 40 years ago. An entire town covered by a mudslide. Where we live we have to worry about tornadoes and sink holes.

easyquilts
March 25th, 2014, 07:07 AM
I was shocked.... Can't even imagine...... Too awful to even think about...

rebeccas-sewing
March 25th, 2014, 07:14 AM
I feel so sad for all the loss. These poor folks losing loved ones and knowing they are buried in that mud has got to be causing them the worst kind of grief. I know one thing for sure I will never live at the bottom of a mountain of any kind. Living in California and hearing every year about devastating mudslides makes me very aware that if we ever change residence a lot of thought has to be placed on the safety of location when it comes to natural disasters.

dwil23
March 25th, 2014, 07:40 AM
That is very sad - and frightening. I can't even imagine mud 60 feet deep.

Bubby
March 25th, 2014, 08:06 AM
We have been following this on the news with heartache and disbelief.

grannyann
March 25th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Such a sad time. I can not imagine the sorrow for all involved.A lot of disasters going on in the world makes you wonder what is next. God help us all in these very sad times.

Madeforyouinma11
March 25th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Such a sad story...

Hulamoon
March 25th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Very sad. I didn't hear about the sixty feet. I can't imagine.

Sandy Navas
March 25th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Shaking. So sad, so unimaginable.

Miss Sheri
March 25th, 2014, 10:44 AM
My parents live a little north of there, in Sedro Woolley. The whole feeling in the area is very grim. I grew up and went to high school very near there. It is really just shocking to see the pictures and consider the realities of this.

EmmaB
March 25th, 2014, 10:47 AM
I've been watching this on the news. So terrible.

Gina
March 25th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Heartbreaking...

meemeecyn
March 25th, 2014, 11:10 AM
This is so sad. I looked up Cathy's town (toggpine) on the map and it looks like she is in a different county. Are you and yours ok, Cathy?

bubba
March 25th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Cathy lives in the same county as I do, but she is further away from it than I am. If you look on the map, she lives out on the Key Peninsula, which if I were a bird is probably ten miles from my house....driving is another story! It would probably take me close to 45 minutes to get to where she lives.

WendyI
March 25th, 2014, 01:58 PM
That is so horrifying to me. I have not been able to look at footage of it yet. I'm so sad for all those people. There won't be a family in the area I'm sure who hasn't been touched by this tragedy. So sad. :(

bubba
March 25th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Here is a newer article. If you scroll down till you see the part where there is a black and white map, Cathy lives right above the star where it's marked for Olympia, and I live about 1/2 inch to the left of the word WASH.

JCY
March 25th, 2014, 11:54 PM
I used to live in the Pacific NW. Slides from excessive rain are common there in numerous places. But this one reminds me of the Mt. St. Helen's catastrophe, but on a smaller scale. They recovered 10 more bodies today, & the work goes on. I think some of the missing will never be found. Yes, it's very sad. My heart goes out to all those waiting for word & to those searching the rubble. JCY

kensington
March 26th, 2014, 12:03 AM
I was shocked to hear it happened in Arlington Wa. We used to live there. DH was stationed at Everett and we rented a new house at the base of the mountain in Arlington. My boys still have friends there and they are upset.

bubba
March 26th, 2014, 12:33 AM
Well, I see the article I tried to post did not post. The rain is not helping up there right now. They have activated FEMA and I have two friends, who are also deputies, that have been called up to help in the search/recovery efforts. It's so sad to listen to the people on the news.

maxwellthecat
March 26th, 2014, 01:19 AM
We saw this on the news, how devastating. I could never imagine what these poor people are going through. A mother was talking on the news and said her grown up daughter was missing and her son was looking for her. I watched and cried like a baby. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone, it is very heartbreaking.