PDA

View Full Version : Talk about a view...

Genny
March 25th, 2014, 12:58 AM
This little guy has quite a view from our large oak tree. I was doing dishes when I looked up and seen him sitting eating a nut...what a life!

bubba
March 25th, 2014, 01:07 AM
We have some squirrels up at our lake place, but we have a lot of chipmunks!! When we first got our fifth wheel, I woke up to loud banging sounds. Thought someone was trying to break into a car or trailer, so I went out to look....it stopped. Went back inside and within minutes, it started up again. Played this game for about half an hour before I finally saw a pine cone hit the roof on the fire shelter! They throw them down on the roof to smash them so they can get the seeds out!

At one time, we had a large cherry tree in the front yard. During it's season, I'd get off graveyard and pick a few in the morning. Well, one morning, I got beaned with one and heard some angry chirping! Seems the squirrel did not like to share!

Hulamoon
March 25th, 2014, 01:40 AM
Oh how cute! When I was at my aunties house in Calif there was tons of them. I was feeding a couple in the back and got about a foot away (I was sitting in a chair) and took some pics. I'll go see if I can find them.

Kgrammiecaz
March 25th, 2014, 01:47 AM
Gotta love the outdoor life. Its wonderful to watch them and yes they can sure have attitide

K. McEuen
March 25th, 2014, 01:48 AM

Took this picture once when we were camping. His cheeks were stuffed with Fruit Loops and he kept popping back up to see if I had more. Of course that night him and his buddies raided the camp and stole 2 bags of cereal.

Genny
March 25th, 2014, 02:06 AM
Last summer we had some popsicles in our refrigerator in the garage. My husband took a couple out and put them on the feeder in a foil pan just to see what the squirrels would do....they picked them up and ate them just like we would....they loved them! Probably made them more hyper then they already was....:lol:

Simply Quilting
March 25th, 2014, 02:15 AM
How sweet. We had at least twelve running around our yard and the neighbors, the day before a big storm came in. They were all over the place. I really enjoy watching them and their crazy antics.

MayinJerset
March 25th, 2014, 04:14 AM
Gotta love the outdoor life. Its wonderful to watch them and yes they can sure have attitide
I can attest to some of them having attitude. One summer something was eating our daylily flowers and I was blaming a rabbit but found out he was innocent. We were sitting on the desk with some friends I noticed a squirrel in the garden. He pick off a full daylily flower and held it up to his mouth as if he was blowing a trumpet and proceeded to eat the flower all the while looking at us as if to say - What's your problem? Usually the squirrels just chase each other along our fence top, but the other day they were feasting on some old bread and crackers DH put out for them.

light-of-midi
March 25th, 2014, 04:51 AM
I love squirrels! We are living next to a wood, so we often have squirrels in our garden. It's so much fun to watch them!
Look at this video, I made 2 or 3 years ago: Eichhörnchen - squirrel - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTdNtoCBbAM) That squirrel acts like an acrobat, when it is "fishing" the bird-food!

Blondie
March 25th, 2014, 06:46 AM
Genny, Karen and Heike,
Thank you for some happy smiles this morning. I sure do enjoy watching the antics of animals. Y'all are clever and fortunate enough to capture them for the rest of us to enjoy.
Blessings to you this day
Blondie

rebeccas-sewing
March 25th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Quite a view while eating a delicious nut. Out cat loves to sit on the very top retaining wall in our yard. She can see so much from up there - four backyards and beyond. The house behind her is above ours on the next street over. I took this picture from my kitchen window.

Bubby
March 25th, 2014, 08:20 AM
That's a great picture!

Granny Judy
March 25th, 2014, 08:24 AM
DD feeds the chip monks, squirrels, and birds here... we live close to a park and woods, so we are blessed with lots of critters to enjoy thru out the year. This year was esp bad for them, so our yard was always a meeting place for them. We still have plenty of food for them... all organic and natural.

Yes we do enjoy the chip monk and His family. the grey and red squirrel tipping over the bird feeder before checking for the corn.. and the many species of birds are amazing!! It is worth the extra effort and clean up. (messy little eaters-all of them!)

buckeyequilter
March 25th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Cute :) We have a lot of squirrels in our yard, including a couple of black ones (they're so cute). The dogs like to chase them, they can't catch them but they sure do like the chase.

Genny
March 25th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Quite a view while eating a delicious nut. Out cat loves to sit on the very top retaining wall in our yard. She can see so much from up there - four backyards and beyond. The house behind her is above ours on the next street over. I took this picture from my kitchen window.

What a beautiful cat!

Genny
March 25th, 2014, 11:47 AM
I love squirrels! We are living next to a wood, so we often have squirrels in our garden. It's so much fun to watch them!
Look at this video, I made 2 or 3 years ago: Eichhörnchen - squirrel - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTdNtoCBbAM) That squirrel acts like an acrobat, when it is "fishing" the bird-food!

Can I please ask whats in the container and how do you keep it from falling out since its hung upside down? Looks like something we would like to do.

Genny
March 25th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Genny, Karen and Heike,
Thank you for some happy smiles this morning. I sure do enjoy watching the antics of animals. Y'all are clever and fortunate enough to capture them for the rest of us to enjoy.
Blessings to you this day
Blondie

My husband absolutely loves watching these squirrels so we feed them year around. I remember when I was young my dad had feeders hung all around our yard and we had a lot of squirrels...he loved watching them too.

WendyI
March 25th, 2014, 02:01 PM
I used to have a pet squirrel for a time when I was a kid. They are the most adorable wee creatures. A pain if you're wanting to grow crocus' and feed birds tho!