PDA

View Full Version : Webster our fur kid passed today

SandyWhite
March 24th, 2014, 07:42 PM
I held him as he passed. It was not an easy thing. I may never stop crying.

So in memoriam:

Webster Oliver White
01/18/2001-03/24/2014

He was an adorable fur kid and loved by all who met him. He was always there for me and his favorite (his Poopah). He was in charge of our 3 other fur kids. He had a stern look because heavy is the mantle of rule. But truth...he was the kindest, friendliest soul. He fought a hard fight but could not stay. Goodbye my love. I will miss you terribly. We will miss you and love you and because we are fragile mortal beings we hope to be with you again someday.

Miss Sheri
March 24th, 2014, 07:44 PM
(((((Sandy))))) So sorry!

Doloris
March 24th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Sorry to hear this Sandy. I too have a 15 year old dog and wonder how many more years we will have with her.

Swedish leo
March 24th, 2014, 07:47 PM
I am so sorry for your loss

It is never easy but at least he is no more in pain

Hugs

Annika

Kgrammiecaz
March 24th, 2014, 07:50 PM
So very sorry to hear. A loss of a best friend who loves unconditionally is heart wrenching

I am sending hugs your way

easyquilts
March 24th, 2014, 07:52 PM
Sandy... I am so sorry about your loss.... I've been there, so I know how heart breaking it is to part with a beloved pet.... They go over the Rainbow Bridge, and we are devastated..... It's amazing how close you can get to your fur babies.... They are often our little soul mate.

Cry all you wasn't to.... Don't allow anyone to tell you Webster (love his name) was "only " a dog..... He was way more than that... He was your baby....

tennesseesews
March 24th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Sandy,
My heart hurts for you; we lost our 7 year old Boston Terrier last December (liver failure) and the tears still flow when I think of her. At least now, we can also remember her antics and laugh. Wish you were close enough to give a hug!

Bailey65
March 24th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Oh Sandy, I am so sorry. I know how hard it is to lose a pet but he will live forever in your heart ((((HUGS)))))

GrammaBabs
March 24th, 2014, 07:57 PM
So sad... there are no more loyal and loving "friends" in this world... we still tear up thinking about our pets that have passed. We were with them as well when they passed... thanks for sharing and reminding us of their value and trusting us with your heart.. GB

bonniebella
March 24th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Sandy, big hugs to you, it is so hard to lose a furry family member.

mommadeb
March 24th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Many, many hugs to you.

Pegger
March 24th, 2014, 08:10 PM
So sorry Sandy! It's hard to lose a furry family member.

Simply Quilting
March 24th, 2014, 08:11 PM
So sorry for your loss. He looks like a real cutie.

Bubby
March 24th, 2014, 08:31 PM
I'm so terribly sorry to hear about Webster. We lost our sweet Molly April 4, 2013, almost a year now. I still miss her and even though we love Dot & Olive, no other dog will every take Miss Molly's place in our hearts.

This poem helped me and I hope it will bless and comfort you: https://rainbowsbridge.com/poem.htm. Hugs & More Hugs to you, Sandy.

ozziepuppy
March 24th, 2014, 08:48 PM
I am SO sorry! I lost my dog in November of 2013 after 11 years. He was the BEST dog I have ever known. I am very, very sorry for your loss!

Hulamoon
March 24th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Such a hard part of life to go through. (((hugs)))

songbird857
March 24th, 2014, 08:50 PM
:( so sorry - such a cute fur kid :)

LorraineRob
March 24th, 2014, 08:57 PM
Sandy, I am truly sorry for your loss. I know how heartbreaking it can be. I know and understand that knowing others have suffered it too doesn't lessen your pain, but I had to have my beloved 13½ year old German Shepherd, Bailey put to sleep in November and there's not a day goes by that I don't miss him. I don't know whether Webster died of old age or if you had to help him along, but I hope this poem may give you some comfort. I'm sure he loved you as much as you loved him.

A DOGS PRAYER BY VET ROBIN HOOPER

if it should be that I grow weak,
and pain should keep me from my sleep
then you must do what must be done,
for this last battle cannot be won.

you will be sad , i understand;
don't let your grief then stay your hand,
for this day more than all the rest
your love for me must stand the test.

we've had so many happy years
what is to come can hold no fears,
you'd not want me to suffer so,
the time has come please let me go.

take me where my need they'll tend
and please stay with me until the end,
hold me firm and speak to me
until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see,
the kindness that you did for me
although my tail its last has waved,
from pain and suffering i've been saved.

please do not grieve, it must be you,
who has this painful thing to do,
we've been so close, we two, these years,
don't let your heart hold back its tears.

Genny
March 24th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Hugs to you Sandy...

dizzyLiz
March 24th, 2014, 09:06 PM
Sandy,
I'm with you in my heart. I lost me precious Shugg last summer. She was 9 years old. I could tell you time will heal your heart, I can tell you I understand, I can tell you it will get better. All of these things are true; and none will help now. Our fur babies are as deeply ingrained in our hearts as our children are. I still cry for Shugg on occasion, but in time you will smile, even laugh thinking of some antedote about Webster. Grief is a strange process, and different for all. Allow yourself to grieve. Grieve with your DH. And hug your remaining fur babies a little longer, a little tighter......for Webster, he will know. Hugs to you both. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Love,
Liz

buckeyequilter
March 24th, 2014, 09:16 PM
So sorry...I know what you're feeling. Hugs to you

Pandabear
March 24th, 2014, 09:19 PM
I'm so, so sorry.

Ahamblin
March 24th, 2014, 09:55 PM
So sorry for your loss. Sending hugs.

fliggie
March 24th, 2014, 10:01 PM
I'm so sorry.

Slokarma
March 24th, 2014, 10:03 PM
With tears in my eyes….

I'm so sorry for you loss.

RIP Webster

BobW
March 24th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Sandy, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your loved one. Our furry family teaches us the meaning of unconditional love and loyalty. I wish there was something I could say that would make it easier, but realize time will help.

Madeforyouinma11
March 24th, 2014, 10:17 PM
Sandy, I'm so sorry...((((hugs)))). It's so hard to lose our fur babies.

Rhonda D. Matzker
March 24th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Sandy, I feel your pain. I lost my fur baby (one of them) this past October. I had him for 14 years. My heart breaks for you. :(

Vonnie
March 24th, 2014, 10:55 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Our furbabies will always have a place in our hearts.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 24th, 2014, 11:03 PM
So sorry for your loss, Sandy. Such sad news!

Nidan_07
March 24th, 2014, 11:34 PM
So sad for you, Sandy. What a handsome little doggie he was!! I'll bet you're going to miss him something fierce!!

dwil23
March 25th, 2014, 12:31 AM
(((HUGS))))

I am sooo sorry. It is so hard to let go of our precious fur babies. Definitely the only negative part of having them in your life.

Iris Girl
March 25th, 2014, 05:46 AM
So sorry for your loss, Lots of hugs coming your way. It is never easy to lose your loved fur babies.

rebeccas-sewing
March 25th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Tearing up over your loss. Brings back memories of all the pets I've had and for all the times I've had to say goodbye.

ren29
March 25th, 2014, 11:06 AM
I'm so sorry for the loss of your furbaby. It's tough letting go and having that spot in your heart hurt so. I hope you find comfort knowing you loved him as no one else could and your eventual reunion at the Rainbow Bridge.

meemeecyn
March 25th, 2014, 11:19 AM
An adorable doggie. So sorry for you. May those great memories you had with him give you comfort.

Cathy F
March 25th, 2014, 11:20 AM
My condolences to you on your loss. Having been there with our dog last year I know just how difficult this is for you.

((hugs))

Ginny B
March 25th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Sandy, {{{{{hugs}}}}}} to you. So hard when we lose a furry member of our family.

EmmaB
March 25th, 2014, 11:28 AM
So sorry for your loss.

WendyI
March 25th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Oh Sandy...I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing our furbabies is so hard. ((((HUGS))))

sassygranny
March 25th, 2014, 02:00 PM
My heart hurts for you. He was a beautiful boy.

pcbatiks
March 25th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Sorry to hear about Webster......our fur babies are family too! Sweet picture!

redcaboose1717
March 25th, 2014, 05:16 PM
So sorry Sandy.....I have a 15 yr old cat, ( Buffy) and I dread the day he passes....he is my "Fur Kid"....and so awesome.....He likes to be kissed on the top of his head....3 times and when he gets the 3rd kiss he will just go lay down. He is such a wonderful cat, I can't imagine life without him....
Again, Sorry for your loss of your beloved Webster.

SandyWhite
March 25th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Thank you everyone. I got back to life today and found these responses. It is good to know I have so many understanding friends here. Your comments have helped me so much.

bopeep
March 25th, 2014, 08:12 PM
Sandy...I am so sorry .....I know how you are feeling...... I have been there too....it has been some years now ...but I think of her often.........just remember the good times with him.......
{{{HUGS}}} & {{{{PRAYERS}}}}
bopeep

ilive2craft2
March 25th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Sandy, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your fur baby, Webster. They bring such joy into our lives while they are with us, but such sorrow when they leave us.

Gina
March 25th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Tears are rolling down my face as I sit here reading this...Webster will always hold a special place in your heart! My heart goes out to you...

asta
March 25th, 2014, 10:50 PM
So sorry to hear this, my deepest sympathies go out to you.

maxwellthecat
March 26th, 2014, 02:19 AM
Sandy, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a family member, even if he did have fur. It is heartbreaking.