PDA

View Full Version : I have somehow angered the Sewing Gods

Pandabear
March 24th, 2014, 05:27 PM
so badly that everything I touch is a mess. They are TICKED!

I sewed the binding on my table topper, came to the end and found that I messed up something so badly that I have to rip out the entire binding. And maybe resew a strip or two. Ugh.

Put that aside and started sewing the borders on my lap quilt. Got one on. Woo! The second... sewed allllll the way to the bottom - it was a long strip - only to realize that the thread had come out of the needle before I even started and somehow did not notice.

I am stepping away from the machine. Probably out of the sewing room entirely. Maybe I'll go read a book.

kmerfeld
March 24th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Sorry!! I have totally had those kind of days. I always stop if I have to take out my seam ripper in the first 15 minutes....

Momofmonsters5
March 24th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Been there! Step away..... Lol

Hulamoon
March 24th, 2014, 05:35 PM
The running out of thread makes me cry the most. When I was doing my children's clothes and was using a ruffle foot and found I went around a whole skirt, dang.

I feel for you :)

songbird857
March 24th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Walk away for an afternoon, a day, whatever and come back to it with a fresh perspective!! I've had those days :) Hang in there

Swedish leo
March 24th, 2014, 06:20 PM
so badly that everything I touch is a mess. They are TICKED!

I sewed the binding on my table topper, came to the end and found that I messed up something so badly that I have to rip out the entire binding. And maybe resew a strip or two. Ugh.

Put that aside and started sewing the borders on my lap quilt. Got one on. Woo! The second... sewed allllll the way to the bottom - it was a long strip - only to realize that the thread had come out of the needle before I even started and somehow did not notice.

I am stepping away from the machine. Probably out of the sewing room entirely. Maybe I'll go read a book.

The sewing gods demans you come to the forum for support and then some healty windowshopping for fabrics, or patterns for your next project!

After endulging the sewing gods for a while then they might let you back to your projects!

Meanwhile we here at the forum are always here ready to support you! We all had those times!

Hugs! ;-)

BobW
March 24th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Darn those sewing gods! Drat them!

bkthomas
March 24th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Darn those sewing gods! Drat them!

Uh Oh! He cursed the sewing gods!!!!

Miss Sheri
March 24th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Uh Oh! He cursed the sewing gods!!!!

Oh,yeah, Bob is toast now! lol

Iris Girl
March 24th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Step away from the machine, take a deep breath.. and go pay homage to the sewing gods by buying some fabric for the next project!

Pandabear
March 24th, 2014, 09:21 PM
Does it count as homage if I received a package of fabric today? I hope so, since I plan on trying to fix that binding tomorrow.

Ahamblin
March 24th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Yes that should count. I am sure they will forgive you now. Not sure about BobW though.

Pandabear
March 24th, 2014, 10:13 PM
It's ok. Since I angered them first I'll take whatever they feel like throwing BobW. It's the least I can do.

I just looked at my next pattern. I have to cut 400 2 7/8" squares. Come ON sewing gods!! Stop your hatin'!!!!

easyquilts
March 24th, 2014, 11:38 PM
Reading a book is good.... I think we've all bern where you are.... Some days it seems that nothing works out as planned!

bkthomas
March 25th, 2014, 12:22 AM
Yes that should count. I am sure they will forgive you now. Not sure about BobW though.

Poor poor Bob.......:icon_shake:

Marta
March 25th, 2014, 07:59 AM
When they are angry with me I head to the kitchen and bake something. The sewing Gods in my house like offerings.

Bubby
March 25th, 2014, 08:01 AM
I have days when my machine tries to snap at me. The best thing to do is back off, re-group, and come back fresh and calm.

HdWench
March 25th, 2014, 08:02 AM
oh no, hope the Gods are happy when you step back in! I really hate seeing I've sewn a long bit without any thread, dang that's the pits. ((((Hugs)))) it will all be better :-)

Debbie

buckeyequilter
March 25th, 2014, 08:23 AM
I've done that before. I hate when I to the last inch of what I'm working on and run out of bobbin thread. Maybe you'll have better luck today :)

EmmaB
March 25th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Oooo I hate when that happens!

Gina
March 25th, 2014, 11:27 AM
I've done that before. I hate when I to the last inch of what I'm working on and run out of bobbin thread. Maybe you'll have better luck today :)

This happen to me last night...was sewing my last turn on my first JRR top too! :icon_bah: