PDA

View Full Version : I really do love my daughter

EmmaB
March 24th, 2014, 04:10 PM
BUT SHE ATE ALL THE POWDERED DONUTS!! Went home for lunch and they were all gone. Had my heart set on a couple of them for lunch. I'm so disappointed!

Marty
March 24th, 2014, 04:22 PM
I have 5 kids so this happens to me all the time. Just heartbreaking.

light-of-midi
March 24th, 2014, 04:26 PM
I guess you need a better place for hiding some good stuff! ;-) I remember that my husband one time hide some leftovers (of his favorite meal: potato pancakes) under his bed! ;-)

Preeti
March 24th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Did you really need all that sugar and processed junk? IMO, she did you a favor :-)

shawnan
March 24th, 2014, 04:59 PM
On the other hand, she saved you from an unhealthy lunch. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE powered sugar donuts and could also eat them for lunch, but my head (as well as my blood sugar level) screams NOooooo.

Heart vs Head Heart vs Head -- what to do what to do.

redcaboose1717
March 24th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Awww.....I used to have that problem too......When I would make cookies ahead of time and put them in the freezer, the kids would even take the cookies out of the freezer and eat them ! ( I make extras for the church coffee hour ) So, I started to put them in a baggie, and then wrap them with a brown paper bag....and write on the bag "
"Liver"
They never touched my cookies when they were labeled like that. Wonder Why ? Might have been because none of them liked liver !! LOL!

A friend of mine sent me a photo of her last night's dinner, Chicken Wings, Hot sauce, Blue Cheese Dressing & Celery Sticks....and it made me sooo hungry ! So, I am off the store to get some chicken and celery, along with the items to make my own blue cheese dressing.....and call that tomorrow's dinner !!
( I have meatloaf ready to pop in the oven for tonight's meal......

Hope you get some powdered donuts soon.....( I have this awesome recipe for homemade donuts ! ....I make them every Easter for my family.

Simply Quilting
March 24th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Oops :icon_sniff: Sadly this happens at my house all the time. It seems like as soon as I get a new hiding spot, the children find it even when it is fruit.

Momofmonsters5
March 24th, 2014, 05:44 PM
I have 5 kids, I have to brief all on any food I want! Lol my 15 year old came home from school today and ate an entire loaf of banana bread then dinner, skinny as a rail too.... Btw yumm I might have to buy a dounut for breakfast

Wwena
March 24th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Lol donuts for lunch? Maybe she did you a favour! ;) ;)

MayinJerset
March 24th, 2014, 07:10 PM

These might not be as satisfying as the real thing but it's the best I can do. DH and I will be having graham crackers for our treat today, Oh Goodie!

pcbatiks
March 24th, 2014, 07:18 PM
That's just wrong! :lol: Especially when you were all set to eat a donut when you got home! Maybe you could hide some in your fabric stash! :D

......and know I'm hungry for a donut!

Miss Sheri
March 24th, 2014, 07:20 PM
I had to hide things up high when my kids were small, now I hide them as low as I can, when you are 6'5" tall, you only look down so far and then move on. haha, I go in spurts, I still bake for my old teens/young adults but if it's left over, I am usually the one who ends up eating it. Not Good! One of my biggest vices are a caramel covered in chocolate, like 'Milk Duds'. I have been really good lately, and have NOT bought any for a long time. Trying to get my sugar fix from fresh fruits. Not perfect though, last night, they talked me into changing my plain, air-popped popcorn into English Butter Toffee Corn! And, it was awesome!

Marty
March 24th, 2014, 07:40 PM
I had to hide things up high when my kids were small, now I hide them as low as I can, when you are 6'5" tall, you only look down so far and then move on. haha, I go in spurts, I still bake for my old teens/young adults but if it's left over, I am usually the one who ends up eating it. Not Good! One of my biggest vices are a caramel covered in chocolate, like 'Milk Duds'. I have been really good lately, and have NOT bought any for a long time. Trying to get my sugar fix from fresh fruits. Not perfect though, last night, they talked me into changing my plain, air-popped popcorn into English Butter Toffee Corn! And, it was awesome!

I can't believe I never thought of this. I have 3 sons who are all 6'3" - 6'5". I am going to try hiding low. It just might work.

Ahamblin
March 24th, 2014, 10:12 PM
I used to do the same thing - label something liver in the freezer. They never touched. However they never saw me prepare or eat liver so why it would be in the freezer I don't know. Also hide things in an empty Grape Nuts box. My son now does the same thing at his house.

Pandabear
March 24th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Teenager? And man. That's just wrong, would have been worse if she got into your chocolate stash.

I can't hide anything from my teen since he's 15 and 6'1". Little bugger now hides snacks from me towards the back of the fridge.

Vonnie
March 24th, 2014, 10:51 PM
There's only one thing worse, in this whole universe, is if those donuts were CHOCOLATE!

My oldest used to hide food in his room. Every year, when he went to spend a week with the Grands, we would spring clean his bed room. He was so lucky the bugs did not discover his stash! We did not starve the kid, he was born hungry and was so skinny.

GSArcher
March 25th, 2014, 10:34 AM
I have given up trying to hide things from my oldest. She is 6 inches taller than me (5'11" at 13). We have made an agreement that some things will be eaten after her 3 sisters go to bed. If it is really special, the rare Toblerone, I do hide it in my room. The girls are not allowed in there without permission. Even then, it is usually in the back of my closet.

When my younger brother was a teenager, he would eat whatever my mom had set in the fridge for her lunch the next day. He always blamed it on the basement dwellers. He tried to convince my mom that we had homeless people living n our basement and they foraged through the fridge every night. She did not buy it, of course. :)

Lissau
March 25th, 2014, 10:38 AM
wishes she had kids

sassygranny
March 25th, 2014, 10:40 AM
My sweet, darling husband, whom I love very much, does the same thing. I've learned to stash my goodies like a squirrel stashes nuts. I share...but at my pace! :)

EmmaB
March 25th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Did you really need all that sugar and processed junk? IMO, she did you a favor :-)

I know Preeti, but DANG!! And no, I did not need all that sugar, BUT it was one of those very small packages of donuts (I think there was like 6 mini donuts) and I had been craving them and not letting myself have them which resulted in me eating everything else in the house. 2 that's all I was going to have a promise :)!!!