PDA

View Full Version : Monday - just embrace it

Blondie
March 24th, 2014, 06:33 AM

Happy Monday Folksies!

This weekend was an interesting time. I woke up this morning feeling like a Sunday morning and wanting to snuggle back under the blankets. Sigh. Time to rise and shine. Still working on that first cuppa delicious dark brew that hubby carried into the bedroom to get me up. Saturday after work, I was able to get some grocery shopping done, clean the house just a bit - in other words a straightening up - but hey, that classifies as cleaning in my book. I tried to sit down and sew a bit - I am 3/4 of the way finished in the piecing of the Smokey Mtn. Stars. I also have been working on binding, stitching on a wall hanging. No pattern there, just doing my doodling as I work on it. Hoping it will be completed in time for my Sister's birthday.

DD has been in Charleston over the weekend so I missed seeing her on her days off. Mom made the stinky, dreaded and hated (by me) salmon cakes on Saturday. Merrily I sent Josh and Luscious down The Hill so I would not have to smell them at all. so what do they do? They carry a bag of them home. Now my fridge smells like a cannery. Eewwww!!

I was going to brag about the nice spring day on Saturday but since it feels like winter again far too quickly, with snow in the forecast tomorrow, I will politely keep my mouth closed.

Keep on praying for those in need of a healing touch - whether is emotional, mental, physical - or all three - there is always someone here that needs a prayer and loving positive thoughts.

SMILE!!!!!!

rebeccas-sewing
March 24th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Good morning, Blondie! The sun is shining in Baarn. I'm now rising mid-morning (9 a.m.) which isn't too bad considering I have been up most nights until almost midnight. (Joe and I have been watching "Castle" DVD's in the evening.) It's been a week now so I can't blame my desire to snooze on jet lag. There's a crazy bird who makes an annoying sound at the crack of dawn. I hope it's not going to be a regular occurrence. I'm looking forward to starting a quilt, but right now I'm focusing on organizing my fabrics so I can see what the heck I've got. The coffee is tasting mighty good this morning.

Blondie
March 24th, 2014, 06:44 AM
Rebecca, I have been meaning to wave at your with a hey hey hey, been missing you kind of post. So glad that you are back among us.
Blessings to you!

Madeforyouinma11
March 24th, 2014, 07:39 AM
Mornin everyone... This early morning stuff is going to take some getting used to. This is hubby's second day getting up at 6, and I've been getting up with him. Wouldn't be bad but we're not sleeping good at night yet. I know it'll happen, so until then, I'll just walk around all day like a zombie....hahaha
Yes, Blondie, straightening up counts as cleaning...I do it all the time.
Today I have to bring him to work so I can bring the car to the garage. It's making an ungodly noise and we need to find out what it is. Then I'll get into the sewing room. Let's hope I don't fall asleep while sewing and sew a finger.
Hope everyone has a great day!

shermur
March 24th, 2014, 07:41 AM
:icon_rolleyes: Great post, Blondie....but it's hard to embrace something while life is punching my face! Need prayer and higher hopes, sweetie...blessings to you and yours!

Bubby
March 24th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Morning Everyone,

Good to hear from you, Rebecca. Blondie, give those fish cakes to Dinah. I'm sure she would appreciate them.

It seems like the past week absolutely flew by. I can't believe it's Monday again already. Sometimes I wish I was a coffee drinker to get me going in the mornings. I'm wild enough without caffeine, or so I'm told.

Sherri, I'll pray for you all day for a boost. Everything will come together for you and things will be bright again. You have a lot on your plate right now. Hugs to you, Sweetie.

I laid out the blocks on another UFO yesterday. Maybe I can sew ss0ome rows today. I have laundry going already and Jeff's lunch is made and ready to go out the door with him. I made pattymelts for dinner yesterday with loads of grilled onions...yum.

Wishing everyone a great day....

shermur
March 24th, 2014, 08:01 AM
Bubby...how endearing, sweetie! Your post alone has brightened my day (it also brought the hormonal tears)...you're so sweet! Thanks for lofting me up, darlin'!
which dog is in the profile pic...is that your Dottie?

MayinJerset
March 24th, 2014, 08:26 AM
Yes Blondie Spring gave us a little tease and now it's freezing out again, hadn't heard about any snow in this area but who knows.
Sherri, Good thoughts going your way.

Plan was the first thing this morning I would jump in the shower while the coffee was brewing and out early doing shopping and errands but I think I need more than coffee to prime my engine this morning. 71684Back later after my RX coffee does its bit.

HandsOffItsMine
March 24th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Morning all,

Rebecca, I'm a bit green with envy that you're in Baarn, such a beautiful town. Saw your pictures of your new home, lovely. Have family there as well, some old Tantes/Ooms from my Mams side. Really hope to be able to visit next year when I hit the double nickels. Had to laugh at your annoying bird reference...trying to figure out which one it could be. :)

Yesterday, I packed up the white ceramic collection and family Delft Blue pottery - didn't quite accomplish as much as I wanted 'cause the back ended up screaming even with taking breaks between boxes.

Today, I will box up my graphics/office - not looking forward to that one, always amazed how much books end up weighing and I have a lot of those, software, copywriting, etc. Then my hobby books are stored in there too and girls lets face it...we all know how those multiply overnight! lol Especially when certain M* members announce when there is a book sale going on. I won't mention her name! ;P

Don keeps telling me to start on my sewing loft but I still have Easter Fabric that has come in for Pillowcases to be sewn in for the Easter Drive. Going to have to wait 'till the last minute to pack that up. hehe Luckily Kat can help on Sat/Sun with that one. The guys can take out the furniture and we can still pack up the goodies.

Well, prayers for those in need, huggers for all. Have a great day all.

Huggers, Ruby

Blondie
March 24th, 2014, 08:39 AM
:icon_rolleyes: Great post, Blondie....but it's hard to embrace something while life is punching my face! Need prayer and higher hopes, sweetie...blessings to you and yours!

hugs, prayers and lotsa good vibes heading your way right this minute

Mpyles
March 24th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Morning all...not kickin real high this morning. Up getting ready for work...but really want to climb back into bed. I felt like crud all day yesterday...and this morning isn't much better.

Everyone have a great day!

MayinJerset
March 24th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Just found out we're expecting 2-3 inches of snow tomorrow so I will be going out shopping and doing errands ASAP. I began putting extra comforters and quilts away but better keep them handy.

Monique
March 24th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Good morning and it is freaking cold here this morning. The only upside is the sun is shining. Spring will never come.

I do not have to go to work this morning which is nice. I will putter away the day. Hubby is on day shift this week :) so I have the whole day to myself. There are some things that need to be done around here.

So on that note, you all have a lovely day.

Sandy Navas
March 24th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Good Morning, all my Quilty Friends!!

I'm aching for our Sherri friend - I know she's faced with a lot of frustration and anxiety with this impending house sale and move. Ain't never easy. Having been down that road more times than I can count, I have lots of empathy for what she's going through.

I have learned that laundry is the root of all evil. Every time I get scheduled (with 13 people in the house it does take some scheduling) I try to rush through and accomplish it all in a day . . . and wind up down in the back again! Getting old ain't for sissies, right Bette?

Don't want to talk about the weather, either. I thought we'd have some Spring but Spring came and Winter never closed the door when she left.

Seems there are so many needing special hugs and prayers, so I'm offering all I can muster. Also been thinking of several (quite a few, actually) forum members who have been scarce lately. I'm so glad to have Rebecca back on a regular basis and loving her photos.

Yo'all have a wonderful day and mind Miss Blondie . . . SMILE, DANG NABBIT.

EnumclawGramma
March 24th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Good Morning! It's Monday and for this week I am SO glad! I'm glad this weekend is over and in the books cuz it wasn't fun. My prince charming of a hubby got one of his bad headaches Friday afternoon and no matter what we just could not get it to go away. I wound up taking him to the ER Saturday morning and they finally got him out of pain and able to rest. He's pretty much back to normal now but I convinced him to take today off work. He's still a little weak in the knees.

So, today is Yoga, and I've convinced him to come with me and give it a go. We'll see how this goes. He's always been more coordinated, and of course stronger than I am so I betcha he loves it. I can't wait!

We're supposed to have more sun and nearly 70 today and then rain rain rain for the rest of the week. There's been some pretty serious flooding in Washington this last week, I hope it doesn't get a lot worse. Praying for the people in the flood zones...

Ok, off to shower before anyone else gets up. Have a wonderful Monday. I'm sending Hugs and prayers to all you who want or need em'!

Bubby
March 24th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Sherri, That's Sweet Olive for a change. Dottie seems to get most of the attention due to her antics, but this is Olive. Doesn't she have a sweet little face? Dottie is the one with the big nose (don't tell her I said that or she'll get even with me somehow!)

I'm sewing block into rows this morning. Maybe I can get all my rows made today.

Myrna, sorry to hear about your back. When I do that all I can do is baby it and let it ride itself out. How miserable. I'm praying for you. I know it's not fun at all. Hugs to you.

MRoy
March 24th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Good morning all! My back went out yesterday so I'm gimpy today, walking crooked and can barely get up after I get down. It does this from time to time, always without warning. On the upside, the heat pack on my back keeps me warm and I sleep well while on painkillers...LOL!

It was a quiet weekend here. Saturday DH and I visited the fruit market and other stores in the Amish community about 15 miles from our home. One store had some nice cotton fabric (vintage looking florals and calicos) that I'm going to have to check out more. We got there just before closing so there wasn't time to really shop. DH offered to replace my electric range with one of the store's smooth top wood cookstoves, but I thanked him and politely declined the offer.

Prayers for Sheri and others who are going thru something, whatever it may be.

KathieB
March 24th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Thought I'd check in before I start our taxes this morning. I've been sleeping weird hours and not accomplishing very much other than uncluttered the house-mainly closets and MIL bath and bedroom. I joined the "40 Bags in 40 Days" group on Facebook and now my dining room table is covered with donations I cleared from my pantry. Who needs 8+ cookie sheets, 5+ mini cupcake pans, a dozen florists vases, etc.???

Dh and I have been fighting off whatever the GGSs brought back from daycare. I'm better today but hubby is worse.

Sending thoughts and prayers for those dealing with health issues, moving stresses, more snow (that includes ME!) and what ever else life sends our way. Hope everyone has a good day and be kind to yourselves.

RoseMA
March 24th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Good Morning everyone. I am feeling rather honored to be a part of such a wonderful forum of people that make it a point to help and comfort others.
Here's wishing well to all. Hugs of course are a must. :)

I have to drive up to VA with my beau today. He's almost 10 weeks out from his knee surgery and I'm not convinced there's much improvement. And, I'm holding off on going back to my doctor about my foot/ankle issue until we're sure he's on the mend and won't need another surgery since one of needs to be able to drive.

I did the sashing on my DD quilt, trying to decide if I want to use some of the backing in the border. I might not have enough though so perhaps not. She only wanted a small lap quilt so its not like I really need to make it bigger.

I can't believe how the weather has been either. It was just so nice the other day and now its freezing again. Forecast even says a slight chance of snow tomorrow (overnight I guess), which is sooo not acceptable behavior for springtime.

Well, stay warm everyone. Get plenty of your caffeine of choice, if you choose, and have a wonderful week.
Cheers!

BobW
March 24th, 2014, 10:53 AM
I had a quiet weekend. Got two rows of my D4P put together. I now have three of five rows put together. Saturday one of my neighbors and I went to visit a former neighbor who has moved to assisted living. I took a couple of my quilting projects to show her. She is a quilters since she was a child. I went to a friends and played cards and petted the pussy cats.

Today is overcast and only 30 degrees so far. A couple of the neighbors (we call ourselves the Nit-Wits) are going to take a road trip to a little town called St. Elizabeth MO for lunch. The only restaurant in town is a tavern called Miss Kitties (think Gunsmoke's Amanda Blake). One of the people going knows Miss Kitty. It's a pretty drive through the country and we will laugh and tell jokes until we can't laugh any longer.

Then I have a little tax work (even though I've retired I still have a few clients I work with) to get done. So all in all a good weekend and a good start to the week.

Wishing every one a great, safe and productive week.

EmmaB
March 24th, 2014, 11:28 AM
I’m trying to embrace Monday but it just ain’t happenin!!! Even though the car was available to me this morning, I walked just to help me get goin. Monday just came too fast. Maybe I need a cookie.

Rebecca, go ahead and blame it on jet lag I would.

Cil, please don’t sew your finger.

Shermur....sorry you are havin a yucky time of it lately. Sometimes life throws things at you and you just feel like you are in a game of dodge ball standin there with your feet and hands tied. You take the hits and let the ball bounce off. It’s gross but that’s the way I imagine it anyway. It will all work out in the end kiddo because you will make it work!!

Bubby you are just a sweet person.

May, love the coffee cup. I was not able to have my fill of coffee this morning cuz I woke up a litte later than usual. Had to bring mine with me!

Ruby, I don’t envy you or Shermur on having to move. Even though it just me and the DD I would hate to think all the stuff I would have to pack. Good luck both of you with all the moving activities and I do hope it goes smoothly.

Mary, hope you feel better! Maybe it’s just Monday crud.

Monique..I’m very envious of your puttering today. Have a great time!

Sandy, I just get a kick out of reading your posts! You always word things in a way that make me chuckle. I cannot even imagine doing laundry for 13 people. That would drive me insane I think.

Enumclaw, is your name Libby or is that the cat’s name. I’ve been meanin to ask that. I was watching the reports of the mudslide this morning and thought of you. Hope all is well with you and your friends and family.

Sorry your back is giving you fits Myrna. Hope it gets better soon.

Kathie that’s a lot of cookie sheets. But then again come to think of it I have 4. LOL

Rose, I hope both of you get on the mending fast track.

Bob, have fun on your trip!

Thanks for helping my brain wake up this morning good people! Have a great day!! I’m off to get a cookie.

Precious1
March 24th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Good morning everyone. It's been a while since I posted. I've been on, lurking and enjoying everyone's comments, just staying in the background. Today is a beautiful day. The sun is shinning and so far it's a warm -20C or -4F, lol. According to the weatherman it will warm up to -17C or 1F.

I got a job, cause DH got a little tired of me spending money on fabric. I will admit, I got ridiculous in the stash building. Let's just say it was in the thousands and in less than a year and no we are not rich. So, my on call part time job money is for me to spend on my fabric stash,lol. I've also been working on my UFOs. I haven't been keeping up with the group here, but, the group has been keeping me accountable even though it doesn't know it.

Just want to give a word of encouragement to those that need it. Keep on keeping on. Take it one day at a time. If one day at a time is to long then take it one hour at a time if that is hard then one minute at a time. If you can get through it, you can go through anything.

Like Blondie said, will be praying for those who need healing wether it is emotional, physical , psychological, spiritual, etc...

Wishing everyone a fantastic day. Blessings and sunshine...

dwil23
March 24th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Good Morning, all!

Getting old isn't for sissies, and neither is moving!! I found out late last week that I have no homeowner's insurance on my house (cancelled by the state) and that no one will write a policy. Of course, the mortgage company requires one, so I will continue to fight that battle today. I took off work until next weekend with the plan that we would move my scrapbooking and quilting furniture from the garage they are stored in and get them set up in my new room. This would free up space in said garage to refinish DD bedroom furniture before moving it. Of course, our weather forecast is for RAIN all week.

Oldest DS starts his dream job today in town. He hopes that this will be his career with this firm as he has wanted to work for them since he interned there in High School. DIL and GS are still on the other side of the state as they have not been able to find a rental here, but they must be out of their condo over there by the first. So...looks like DD and I will be making the trip over later in the week to help her pack and put their things in a POD, which will then be delivered to my yard until they find a place.

Hugs and prayers to all who need them

have a Blessed day and stay warm!

Momma and the kittens are doing great! They were three weeks old over the weekend and are starting to crawl around and play with each other. Soon, they will be out of their box and there will be no stopping them.

EmmaB
March 24th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Good morning Precious! What kind of pt time job did you get? Will you have time to quilt? I have no one to make me accountable for my purchases other than me!! I had to rein myself in lately.

And good morning to you also Donna! Good luck getting your insurance matter worked out!

Sandy Navas
March 24th, 2014, 12:17 PM
IT IS SNOWING HERE!!! DRATS!!!!

EmmaB
March 24th, 2014, 12:31 PM
IT IS SNOWING HERE!!! DRATS!!!!

Good grief!

Simply Quilting
March 24th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Good Morning!!! We were originally suppose to have 1 to 3 inches of snow but it seems to have moved to the south so we are just cold and cloudy. Yesterday we went to an open house of a house that we did not get 11 years ago. No one has bothered to do any updates so it still has original appliances, furnace etc (built in 1983). The house size would work great for us but there is basically zero yard. So it will not work for us.

NEVER MIND THE SNOW HAS SHOWN UP.

I talked to a lady yesterday that is involved in the new pregnancy crisis center that our town will be opening. That conversation has led to some ideas of how I could be involved in the center. I've got to talk to the board but one idea being looked into is making quilts. They are also looking into trying to find a way to get an ultrasound machine because our area is too small even with the college to qualify for the first place I had thought of (Focus on the Family). There are many details that still have to be worked out with the center but the board's goal is to have the place operational by the first week in May.

I'm not sure what projects I will be working on today. I might work on the jelly roll totes I try to get one of them finished up this evening.

Prayers for all of those who are in need.

Have a great day everyone :)

kensington
March 24th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Having a hard time embracing Monday this Monday. A week ago I was in Florida and spent the week in 75-80 degree weather every day and here today it is Snowing! I'm in weather shock I think. LOL. Every time I look out the window, I just want to crawl back in bed and snuggle under blankets.

I think I will head into the sewing room and start sashing a quilt. The fabric came while I was gone to sash and border it. I can finish it today and gift it in a few days after quilting and binding. TTYL.

Precious1
March 24th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Good morning Precious! What kind of pt time job did you get? Will you have time to quilt? I have no one to make me accountable for my purchases other than me!! I had to rein myself in lately.

By trade I'm a licensed manicurist been doing them since I graduated high school in 1989. So I got a job at a spa in a hotel that offers gel nails. They call me when the service is requested.

sewbizzy
March 24th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Good Day everyone....I am just getting around to reading all of your posts...I love to hear what you all are doing each day...I don't post very often, but am lurking here off and on all day...I do hit the like button often...
I just finished another applique shirt for the next craft show...and I also am sewing several sets of coasters that I received an order for from the last show...
It is very cold here again and we had some snow last evening...I am so ready for spring and summer...
I am so excited that I will get to meet Jenny when she comes to Pittsburgh on May 13th...I also am going to meet snowbird from the forum next week...the Gloria Horn Sewing Studio here is offering a free class for us to make a small house banner with our house number embroidered on it...three of us have signed up for the class on Monday March 31st...we will then take it with us to Jenny's show here and she will sign it for us...what a great promotion...
I'm sending prayers for all who need them...hugs and blessings, Carol

lilmouse
March 24th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Good afternoon everyone....just got home from work...am now opening two or three days a week....so I am at work by 6:00a. m. otherwise known around here as o'dark thirty! LOL A little bit of adjustment since I am basically a night owl! I still work a couple of nights a week as well so I am constantly adjusting for my shifts....a good thing I don't need a lot of sleep!
Getting old is definitely not for sissies although since I quit smoking I have had the healthiest winter I have ever had!
Now if I can cut back on the eating....I have gained 25 - 30 pounds....all in my middle section!
Hope everyone has a great rest of the day...thinking of you all and praying for all in need....sending hugs to everyone whether they need one or not!!! (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))

Jean Sewing Machine
March 24th, 2014, 07:58 PM
I talked to a lady yesterday that is involved in the new pregnancy crisis center that our town will be opening. That conversation has led to some ideas of how I could be involved in the center. I've got to talk to the board but one idea being looked into is making quilts. They are also looking into trying to find a way to get an ultrasound machine because our area is too small even with the college to qualify for the first place I had thought of (Focus on the Family). There are many details that still have to be worked out with the center but the board's goal is to have the place operational by the first week in May.

My friend worked at the center in Cuba, Mo population 3500. The Knights of Columbus funded the ultrasound for that center. If there is a chapter of the Knights, you may find they will help, that was a mission for them for a number of years to get more of these machines into the communities.