PDA

View Full Version : Surgeries

mary3100
March 23rd, 2014, 10:15 AM
I have osteoarthritis pretty bad... I guess I could whine and feel sorry for myself & maybe sit on a pity pot. But I will not. What is the use, it won't change anything. If I feel anything it's glad it is not worse... So far I have had to have my right hip & knee replaced. My left hip is scheduled for this April 7th. I did the bad and went a little crazy shopping for fabric for when I will be in recovery with lots of pain. Sewing quilts is a happy place for me... I have to be careful not to do major piecing while on heavy pain meds. The seams turn out kind of wonky...LOL Only one issue is a worry, after 3 1/2 years I still have thigh pain from my right hip replacement. I went through tons of tests 6 months ago but, they can not find the reason... Crips that had better not happen again with the left or I will not be able to walk much at all...My new right knee is awesome and better than the original! Anyway as to my fabric shopping I bought a ton from a fairly new designer Chong A Hwang. Search Results (http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/s.nl/sc.1/.f?search=Chong+A+Hwang+&range=17%2C32%2C32)
The patterns are gorgeous. I really could not choose so I bought some of everything. I was in a mind set of "another surgery you deserve it...LOL" So lately I have spent time sorting it all into baskets with quilt directions while I can remember what I had planned for it all in the first place...
Anyway this is the story behind me: mary3100.
Oh and I have a big black Lab dog named Bella. For the large dog lovers "aren't you glad that the dog poop has thawed so it can be scooped away?" Sorry non dog lovers to gross you out but this winter has been hard on me as far as getting outside everyday and scooping. We had so much snow that hid it when I could walk outside.
Bella has been going to daycare 3 days a week for exercise. They pick up and bring her home. LOVE them for that. Bella will be attending a 4 week boarding school while I am in surgery and recovery. No one at my house likes her you see. So it's my dog, I take complete care of her. My oldest daughter loves her but has her own lab and no room for Bella at her house.

kelliedi
March 23rd, 2014, 10:28 AM
welcome Mary... yes that designer is wonderful....She designed the Tiffany line for Timeless Treasures and others too for them. LOVE her. Well i hope your surgery turns out better than the first....

MayinJerset
March 23rd, 2014, 10:36 AM
Sending our prayers for a quick and successful recovery from you next surgery.

Auntpiggylpn
March 23rd, 2014, 10:37 AM
Good luck on your surgery! Beautiful choices in fabrics too. I know what you mean about the dog poop. Our house is built into a hill. We have an upper deck with stairs to the back yard off our family room and inside stairs that lead to the lower level. I have 2 shepherds and 2 geriatrics: 15 yo Pom and a 8-9 yo Schnoodle with a bum front leg. Neither of my old guys will go down the stairs so both have to be carried down and the Pom refuses to come up the stairs and has to be carried. And all the while trying not to be pushed down the stairs by a 75# & 90# Shepherd!!! The Schnoodle will come up the stairs by himself. We have been letting the old guys go out on the deck to do their business and now that the snow is gone, it is quite a mess out there! And if the snow would melt completely and the rain would go away, it would certainly make it easier to clean up!!!

bubba
March 23rd, 2014, 11:02 AM
Welcome to the club!!! I see why you had to buy all that fabric! It's gorgeous!

I hope your surgery this time around is more successful than the last....pain is a terrible thing.

Simply Quilting
March 23rd, 2014, 02:26 PM
Hope your surgery goes well and you ave a quick recovery.

K. McEuen
March 23rd, 2014, 02:56 PM
OK I had to laugh at the sewing on pain meds. Maybe a scrappy string quilt would be a good pain med project.

Not sure how anyone could not like a lab. They are such people pleasers. When we had ours we lived in base housing and it was a rule that you had to police the backyard every day if you had dogs. I'd go out to clean and find nothing. This went on for a couple weeks. I knew my dogs were pooping but couldn't figure out what was going on. One weekend we were all outside and the lab went. Here comes the cat running over to the pile and he buried it! He had to work pretty hard since it was a big dog but he got it all covered up. It was then that I noticed all the little mounds of dirt. I sure do miss that cat.

Sandy Navas
March 23rd, 2014, 05:04 PM
OK I had to laugh at the sewing on pain meds. Maybe a scrappy string quilt would be a good pain med project.

Not sure how anyone could not like a lab. They are such people pleasers. When we had ours we lived in base housing and it was a rule that you had to police the backyard every day if you had dogs. I'd go out to clean and find nothing. This went on for a couple weeks. I knew my dogs were pooping but couldn't figure out what was going on. One weekend we were all outside and the lab went. Here comes the cat running over to the pile and he buried it! He had to work pretty hard since it was a big dog but he got it all covered up. It was then that I noticed all the little mounds of dirt. I sure do miss that cat.

I love your cat and poop story!

Bubby
March 23rd, 2014, 05:10 PM
Wishing you a totally successful surgery. I love your cat & dog poop story....hilarious! I wish a cat would adopt our yard and do the same. These two Girls of ours really go!

mary3100
March 23rd, 2014, 06:02 PM
we have a cat, but she stays inside. Darn I don't think she would clean up after Bella anyway tho...She is a little nervous around Bella! LOL