PDA

View Full Version : Wedding dress shopping

mary3100
March 23rd, 2014, 09:39 AM
Yesterday I went wedding dress shopping with my oldest daughter! What fun and yes tears flowed... She found the one and rang the bell!7163271633

Jean Sewing Machine
March 23rd, 2014, 09:41 AM
That is very pretty! Good luck with wedding plans!

MRoy
March 23rd, 2014, 10:12 AM
She's going to be a beautiful bride!

yeeehawterri
March 23rd, 2014, 10:16 AM
Beautiful! How exciting when you find the perfect dress!

When we found my daughters dress, we told my SIL that it was a beautiful shade of chartreuse. He had no idea what color chartreuse was, but was alarmed at the thought of it not being white or shade of. I pulled him aside closer to the wedding because he kept asking about the dress and told him not to worry, the dress itself was beautiful and not to get caught up in the color. He burst into tears when my DD started walking down the aisle in her beautiful candlelight gown. Not sure if it was relief or just the emotions of the day, but we still tease him about it.

Claire Hallman
March 23rd, 2014, 01:30 PM
Beautiful daughter and dress. It is so nice to see a dress that is not strapless. The back is really pretty, too.

Bubby
March 23rd, 2014, 01:34 PM
That's a lovely gown...what a dream!

Iris Girl
March 23rd, 2014, 01:35 PM
very sweet dress enjoy!!

Simply Quilting
March 23rd, 2014, 02:29 PM
A beautiful dress for a beautiful young lady :)

Kgrammiecaz
March 23rd, 2014, 02:40 PM
The dress is amazing and certainly found the perfect young lady to belong to. She looks fantastic

stationarymom
March 24th, 2014, 03:08 AM
what a nice dress. i really love the design of the back

mary3100
March 24th, 2014, 04:58 AM
I saw and made her try on the cathedral veil that matched the gown perfectly. She wants no veil or only a short one. But the long one was soooo pretty. 71675
I suppose she is right it is her day and an outside wedding, so the veil would be overkill. Still I will hope she changes her mind on that.

mary3100
March 24th, 2014, 05:01 AM
I saw and made her try on the cathedral veil that matched the gown perfectly. She wants no veil or only a short one. But the long one was soooo pretty. I suppose she is right it is her day and an outside wedding, so the veil would be overkill. Still I will hope she changes her mind on that.

rebeccas-sewing
March 24th, 2014, 07:18 AM
I'm with you, Claire! I see so many brides wearing strapless wedding dresses. It's nice to see something else for a change. That dress is so flattering on your daughter and I bet she'll feel very comfortable wearing it.

Cat n bull
March 24th, 2014, 09:38 AM
BEAUTIFUL!!! I do love the back and the neckline.

SallyO'Sews
March 24th, 2014, 05:22 PM
I'm with you, Claire! I see so many brides wearing strapless wedding dresses. It's nice to see something else for a change. That dress is so flattering on your daughter and I bet she'll feel very comfortable wearing it.

LOVE this dress! What a beautiful bride she's going to be.

Honestly, it can be difficult to find a non-strapless gown! My DIL really did not want strapless, but went with one (that looked lovely on her) because the only others she could find that fit her budget (she and her mom live in different states, so they could not go to a bunch of places) were either halters that were cut very low in the front, or had shoulder straps but almost no back.

craftyrad
March 31st, 2014, 10:08 PM
I like the back also -- and the back is what shows to the guests for most of the ceremony. My daughter's dress had an oval opening in the back and was so pretty.

redcaboose1717
April 1st, 2014, 07:02 AM
What a great story about your SIL......When I married my DH Terry, my mom told him something similar too.......When I walked down the aisle he had tears in his eyes too....
The day we came back from our honeymoon ( I wore my gown to the hotel we spent our first night at ) My DH put my wedding dress on the bed, and just kept looking at it.....he finally said " I have never seen anything so beautiful as you were wearing that gown " ......That was almost 40 yrs ago. DH Terry passed away in 2002, but I still have a wedding photo of us where I can see it every day....
Thanks for your awesome story ! :)