PDA

View Full Version : It's Sunday

MayinJerset
March 23rd, 2014, 09:33 AM
Got a lot done in the house yesterday, even took an early evening trip to Joanne's for a much needed 5 pack of rotary cutter blades and a spool of gold thread. DH found some black velvet to use for his still life photos. I was going to use a 40% coupon on the blades and 25% off my total order. Gave a Friend's 25% off total order to DH to use. He went first to ring up and it seems he needed more than one item in his order to get the 25% off, so I added both our orders together. Had to explain to DH that J's coupons aren't always what they seem to be as he was expecting to get a bigger discount but we didn't do badly price wise. We each got what we needed, total was $50, with coupons we paid under $25 and I used a gift card. Since it is the only fabric store less than an hour away sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

We had planned to use a Red Lobster gift card for dinner but by the time we got out of J's and drove there the place had a big waiting line so we stopped at a local diner for a nice sandwich.

What's up for everyone this Sunday?71631

Jean Sewing Machine
March 23rd, 2014, 09:38 AM
I am in Atlanta visiting my daughter with grandkids anf my youngest daughter. Lots of things planned for this week, but hoping the weather cooperates!

Madeforyouinma11
March 23rd, 2014, 09:49 AM
Morning! Well, yesterday we went to see my sister, BIL, and my brother and SIL. We get together once a month and take turns at each other's houses. This was our last get together with my sister and BIL cause they are moving to Florida. We had a nice time and I'm sad to see them go, but happy for them to start a new chapter in their lives.
Today is hubby's first day working the day shift. He was up at 6 and I was up shortly after. Man, this is going to take some getting used to again. He's been working the 5:15-12:45 shift for 15 years and for the most part, I always worked nights too. Now we are totally flipping our schedules upside down. Anyway, I think once we get used to it, we will really like it..at least that's what we keep telling ourselves.
Today I will do some laundry and get that sweater quilt quilted and at least sew the binding to the front so I have some handwork to do. That's my plan.
Hope everyone has a great day!

shermur
March 23rd, 2014, 09:53 AM
A lot to do today! We did have a showing on the house early yesterday; we haven't heard back on response yet. And wouldn't you know it was chilly in the house and the furnace decided not to work. So, we have a service call on the furnace through our home warranty...goodness knows when it will get fixed this next week.
DH and I have decided that with just the two showings on the house and negative feedback (the house is sound and livable, it just needs cosmetic updates that we don't have a lot of time and funds for); that we will give in and at least replace carpet and paint the basement floor. More busy work to get the house more "show ready"! It snowed early this morning (3 days into spring :icon_heh:) and we're burning a fire in the fireplace to get some heat!
Just wishin' I could be in my sewing room today...who knows!

BobW
March 23rd, 2014, 10:24 AM
I did some housework (YUCK!) A neighbor and I went to see a former neighbor that has moved to assisted living. She has early Alzheimers. She is a hand quilter, so I took a row of the D4P and the block of the month I am working on now. We had a nice visit. Then I took myself out for dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant. I came back and put the sashing on five blocks (one row) on the D4P I'm working on and sewed them together. I don't have much planned for today.

EmmaB
March 23rd, 2014, 10:26 AM
Good morning good people!

BFF and I went to the movies last night and saw Non-Stop. Pretty good movie. Before the movie, we decided to grab a bite to eat at Texas Roadhouse. It was so crowded but was worth the wait. I was proud of myself because I didn't fill up on peanuts and rolls before the food came.

DD is home for the weekend. Shopping at Sally's is instore for me today so she can get supplies to take the board after she graduates. Kinda dreading the price tag on the supplies.

Its a little on the chilly side here today and I would like to just stay in and quilt!!

Have a blessed Sunday everyone!

Mpyles
March 23rd, 2014, 10:41 AM
Morning! Not a lot going here today. Hope to finish up a block of the week wall hanging. Dd went back to west plains yesterday...feeling much better I think! I woke up stiff as a board and achy today. I really wish the weather would just stay in a 8-10 degree range and quit all this drastic change.

Hope everyone has a great day!

HandsOffItsMine
March 23rd, 2014, 10:54 AM
Happy Sunday...Packing, Packing and Sewing Easter Pillowcases when I can - Sewing Loft & Fabric Walk-in Closet will be the last two areas that I will back up next week.

So excited that Jean is here in Atlanta to visit here daughter, we get to meet up sometime for lunch! :D Can't wait, since I didn't get to go to the M* Forum Retreat last year with all the TaTa doings. Wonder if I have to wear Depends for the laughter tinkles?!? lol

Well, better get back to packing, already have the mandatory paper cuts from the Uhaul packing paper... :(

Cathy F
March 23rd, 2014, 11:29 AM
Morning all,
Was up early this morning as shoulder was throbbing, so I went up to the sewing room to take my mind off of it. I started a very simple Easter runner, a square in a square. I found easter egg fabric I had from who knows when! My little holiday display console is narrow so I'll probably only need 4 -5 blocks.Hopefully a simple project with no seam ripper time.
Looks like the sun is trying to come out so maybe today we'll take a ride out east and see what's going on in that part of the island.

HandsOffItsMine
March 23rd, 2014, 11:38 AM
A lot to do today! We did have a showing on the house early yesterday; we haven't heard back on response yet. And wouldn't you know it was chilly in the house and the furnace decided not to work. So, we have a service call on the furnace through our home warranty...goodness knows when it will get fixed this next week.
DH and I have decided that with just the two showings on the house and negative feedback (the house is sound and livable, it just needs cosmetic updates that we don't have a lot of time and funds for); that we will give in and at least replace carpet and paint the basement floor. More busy work to get the house more "show ready"! It snowed early this morning (3 days into spring :icon_heh:) and we're burning a fire in the fireplace to get some heat!
Just wishin' I could be in my sewing room today...who knows!

I know it's tough selling your home (sold 13 over the 33 years of marriage) but paint is cheap in the overall scheme of things - pick a nice neutral beige (no Navaho White lol too dated) with white trim and will really make things look fresh plus make the house smell like a new home. Get it with a built in primer, that way it's an one step process.

Any chance you have some hardwood under your carpet? Where you can give it a good cleaning with Murphy Oil and then just throw a 2nd hand rug on it. The buyer can then go through the expense of redoing them if they want.

Good luck with the selling, it's always hard having open houses and having the house ready for showings. No "Undies" laying around please. :) My mom was in Real Estate for 25 years, been on enough Caravans with her plus my own viewing as we looked for properties. lol

toggpine
March 23rd, 2014, 12:11 PM
Good morning.

May was right, we did crash last night. It's up and at 'em again today. More yard work if I can manage it. My hands are stiff and the hips are sore. Ugh, gettin' old ain't for sissies, that's for sure.

The blueberry patch is on the list for weeding, and so is one of the front flower beds. The wild blackberries always need to be dealt with somewhere, and there was rumor of getting a burn pile started. We'll see what actually gets done.

Have a good day and make somebody smile!
Cathy

Simply Quilting
March 23rd, 2014, 02:18 PM
Good Sunday afternoon. We had a really nice day yesterday. I finally got the binding on the Brights Five and Dime. The only quilt left that is ready for a binding is the Rosemont. I seem to keep putting it off as I am going to do a scallop binding which means extending out the dining room table for work space.

Today went to church and Sunday school. The weather is very chilly out as it was 16 degrees when we got up this morning. We are planning on going to an open house this afternoon. This house was on the market 13 years ago when we were looking but we and the seller could not agree on a price. Since then it has been sold several times. Then a little later my in-laws are coming to visit.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone :)

shermur
March 24th, 2014, 05:46 AM
I know it's tough selling your home (sold 13 over the 33 years of marriage) but paint is cheap in the overall scheme of things - pick a nice neutral beige (no Navaho White lol too dated) with white trim and will really make things look fresh plus make the house smell like a new home. Get it with a built in primer, that way it's an one step process.

Any chance you have some hardwood under your carpet? Where you can give it a good cleaning with Murphy Oil and then just throw a 2nd hand rug on it. The buyer can then go through the expense of redoing them if they want.

Great advice, Ruby...we have done some painting, I guess we need to do some more on the trim and doors. And no, there's not any hardwood under the nasty carpet, so we're going to see what we can find cheap to get put down in the living room, hallway and stairs.
Granted in a perfect world, a home seller would de-clutter as much as they could and put it in a storage unit; and a home seller should update as much as they could and a home seller might even go as far as buying/renting better furniture to stage the house. But the case is, our home is advertised AS IS....meaning I don't have time and money to do a whole lot of refurbish to the house. So, I now have to depend on agents that can sell the potential of the house to the right handy man!
Not to mention, one of my pieces of living room furniture was destroyed last night (round, glass top coffee table) by the teenager and the dog playing fetch in the living room. I got pretty angry regarding that ordeal and it's evident I can't have anything nice.