PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else doing Weight Watchers?

Meli
March 23rd, 2014, 03:28 AM
I just joined WW online. Trying to figure out the website and what method will work best. If anyone else is doing this, please let me know. Would like to have some friends for the journey.

ps: my user name is dragonfoote

Lilly
March 23rd, 2014, 10:33 AM
I should be doing it - I'm signed up but I've been sick with some crazy virus for about a month. I'll get back on this week and then maybe, with you on too, it will work better. I've just got to get this weight off. I'm achy when I weigh too much and I snore and don't sleep well either; to say nothing about my fav clothes languishing in the closet. I have about 30 pounds to loose - give or take. How about you?

Genny
March 23rd, 2014, 10:48 AM
I'm not doing WW but I'm trying to lose weight on my own. This last week I've got a little walking in and did some more yard work. I need to lose 50 lbs.

songbird857
March 23rd, 2014, 05:34 PM
I started WW last March - went faithfully to meetings - lost 30 lbs - had to put it on hold in January because of a family emergency. You know how that goes - gained about 7 lbs back - need to get back on track and hopefully will be re-joining online only soon :)
I love their program - it works when you stick to it. I still have much to lose (at least 50) but I already feel so much better than I did last year before I joined...

Pandabear
March 23rd, 2014, 05:43 PM
I did Weight Watchers years ago and lost about 20 pounds. It was wonderful. Then I gained it back and then some so I should go back. I hated going to the meetings though. Problem is... I also tried online and couldn't do it.

So ladies, I hope all the best for you at losing weight. I shall be trying to lose again but on my own.

MRoy
March 23rd, 2014, 05:44 PM
Good luck Meli! I'm a WW lifetime member who has backslid. I reached my goal weight and lifetime status on the Points plan then WW switched to the Points + plan and it doesn't work as well for me. I'm also an emotional eater. I slipped back into my old ways of eating for comfort when my sister was dying. I've been able to stop gaining but am having trouble losing what I gained. I do better attending WW meetings and the meeting that was convenient for me has closed. I've been thinking about WW online but I'm not sure I'd be disciplined enough.

Lissau
March 23rd, 2014, 05:54 PM
l'm doing wheat belly and lost 40 kilos or 90 lbs in 16 months ........

Tina W
March 23rd, 2014, 05:57 PM
I am doing ww have been since last August, I have lost 43 pounds. I go to the weekly meetings and I enjoy them very much, have met a lot of new people, even some quilting buddies.

GuitarGramma
March 23rd, 2014, 06:04 PM
l'm doing wheat belly and lost 40 kilos or 90 lbs in 16 months ........
Wow! Congratulations.

I'm also gluten free, but I'm doing an even more radical anti-allergy diet called "The Virgin Diet." It sounds like it would be all Paleo, right? But the creator is a woman named JJ Virgin, and she named it after herself. She based the diet on her years as a rep for a food allergy testing company. After years of noticing that patient after patient was allergic to the same seven foods AND that folks lost weight after they quit those seven foods, she developed her diet.

Here's the problem: The seven foods are soy, peanuts, corn, eggs, sugar and artificial sweeteners, dairy, and gluten. That's why I said it's a radical diet. Personally, I had to give up even more because I have problems with all nuts and with citrus, too. But I've lost 26 of the 50 I need to lose. And instead of being hungry 24/7, I'm actually satisfied at the end of a meal and then get hungry a few hours later. I didn't know that's how "normal" felt.

Now I don't recommend Googling "The Virgin Diet," because you just don't know WHAT kind of responses you'll get. I always Google "JJ diet" and it shows up right away.

I wish everyone great success with finding a diet that works. I'm absolutely convinced that weight isn't a simple calorie in/ calorie out equation, and that different programs work for different individuals.

maxwellthecat
March 23rd, 2014, 09:50 PM
I don't need WW, my 33 year old daughter moved back home. She said for 2 months, well she moved in the middle of November and I don't know how much longer she is going to be here. My DH retired 3 years ago and it's been just him and I and my cat and 2 dogs. She moves in with her 2 furry fluffy cat's. With all the fur that is up my nose, I could make another cat. All the cats don't get along at all. I am so stressed out, the pounds are just sliding off. I have already lost 23 pounds. After I lose all my weight, I will rent her out to anybody that's having problems losing weight. It works

IBake
March 23rd, 2014, 10:05 PM
Oh Lori, too too funny. Does she pay rent? Give her a sliding scale...the longer she lives with you the higher the rent will go.

I'd borrow her for hubby...but can the cats stay with you? We have severe cat allergies in people and just plain aversion from the pups.

songbird857
March 23rd, 2014, 10:45 PM
I am doing ww have been since last August, I have lost 43 pounds. I go to the weekly meetings and I enjoy them very much, have met a lot of new people, even some quilting buddies.

Are you near Enfield?? I was going to meetings in West Spfld (MA), but my leader has since stopped meetings there and is only in Enfield now - I'm seriously considering going there because she is pretty awesome!

songbird857
March 23rd, 2014, 10:50 PM
I don't need WW, my 33 year old daughter moved back home. She said for 2 months, well she moved in the middle of November and I don't know how much longer she is going to be here. My DH retired 3 years ago and it's been just him and I and my cat and 2 dogs. She moves in with her 2 furry fluffy cat's. With all the fur that is up my nose, I could make another cat. All the cats don't get along at all. I am so stressed out, the pounds are just sliding off. I have already lost 23 pounds. After I lose all my weight, I will rent her out to anybody that's having problems losing weight. It works

......laughing and snorting here in Massachusetts :icon_rofl: keep quilting hon....... big stress reliever (although with all that cat hair on your quilts I dunno... :) )

Leah53
March 23rd, 2014, 10:58 PM
I'm not doing any diet, I've just changed my habits and bought an exercise bike, have lost 70 lbs since March 19th last year. I've had a problem losing more, haven't lost a pound since November, good news is, haven't gained any of it back. I still have a ton to lose.

Recently I have started buying Healthy Choice meals, they are wonderful and Fiber One 90 calorie bars are great for desserts, they taste great. I eat a ton of fruit, gave up "white food" like pasta, other than that, I still eat the foods I like, just a whole lot less of it, I even drink a pepsi every day, usually in the morning.

I'm a firm believer that all it takes is will power and determination, unfortunately it took me a few years to say, enough is enough. I'm not preaching or making judgements, I know how hard it is to find it within yourself to do something, everyone has different factors to deal with, one size doesn't fit all, no pun intended. I didn't grow up overweight and didn't have a problem until about 10 years ago after an injury, I packed on the pounds very, very fast.

Kgrammiecaz
March 23rd, 2014, 11:18 PM
Leah53. I am not dieting at the moment, but really need to ditch about 70 pounds. I am moving in two weeks to my very own place, no kids, grown or otherwise. So. I will be able to have only the food I can eat in the house. Plus there is a gym open 24/7. I was thinking of getting a bike for home but I can do it at the gym

How often do you exercise with the bike?

Mpyles
March 23rd, 2014, 11:56 PM
Lifetime member who has packed the pounds back on. WW has to be a daily thing. Maybe this will spur me back in the right direction!

Leah53
March 24th, 2014, 12:00 AM
I thought it would be difficult to do this with my husband in the house eating sweets all the time, he's not a pound overweight, I hate him, but it hasn't been because I wanted it bad enough. He didn't marry a fat woman but he loves me no matter what, so I'm doing this for me. I have some health issues, other than being related to weight, and I just got tired of feeling and acting like an invalid.

As for riding the bike, I was doing 6 miles a day until I started quilting in December, I stopped doing it because I was always in my craft room sewing, I have now started again at 3 miles a day, will work my way back up. I have a treadmill also that I've had for years but my health issues don't allow me to walk more than a few feet at a time, compressed disc in my back being one.

maxwellthecat
March 24th, 2014, 12:02 AM
Ever since she moved back in with those fur balls, my nose runs and my eyes tear and itch. IBake, what actually does the word rent mean? Good advise Songbird.
I have 2 other daughters that are human, they are happily married with children, yes, they are my grand children, ages 6 and 13, well 14 in June. They all have beautiful paying jobs. I gave them all the same attention but, with the middle daughter I did something wrong.

Meli
March 24th, 2014, 12:47 AM
Lilly, I need to lose at least 45lbs and would prefer to lose 60. I've got a long way to go. I just don't want to still weigh 195 when I turn 50 in 5 weeks. I know I won't be at my goal weight, but at least I'll be on my way.

Thanks to everyone for your responses. Sounds like all of us are at different stages of the same journey.

About 10 years ago, I became a trained Nordic Walking instructor, and I KNOW it does wonderful things for me. But, I swear, every time I really get into it, something happens that sets me back. It's been nearly a year since I hurt my foot and it's only been recently that I felt like I could walk for any distance. My favorite year was about 7 back when I hyper-extended my knee and was grounded for 2 months. I was just getting back into it when I sprained the same knee, grounded for another 2 months. I was just getting back into again when I had pneumonia. That takes FOREVER to recover from. And about 2 months after that, I had a hysterectomy, which grounded me for 3+ months. It was insane. I'm really hoping I avoid being derailed this year.

I should be doing it - I'm signed up but I've been sick with some crazy virus for about a month. I'll get back on this week and then maybe, with you on too, it will work better. I've just got to get this weight off. I'm achy when I weigh too much and I snore and don't sleep well either; to say nothing about my fav clothes languishing in the closet. I have about 30 pounds to loose - give or take. How about you?

dizzyLiz
March 24th, 2014, 01:01 AM
Congrats to all and your decision to have a healthier lifestyle. I'm not sure if ya'll know this, but I started a group; Life Plan Unlimited; to support folks trying to have more joy in their life and to be healthy Whether you are dealing with weight loss, medical issues, or simply want to be happier.....check us out. I have major health issues, and am trying to lose weight. Down 23 lbs. so far.

Come on over, join us.

Love always,
Liz

Genny
March 24th, 2014, 01:51 AM

Thanks for the offering to rent out your daughter...but I think I'll keep trying on my own...:lol:

beesquiltin
March 27th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Just thought I would check out this thread......and......turns out I'm in good company! I am in my mid 70's, have spinal stenosis, can't really exercise, but need to lose at least 50 pounds. Is there a way to lose the weight without exercising? Would just eating the frozen meals with calories listed on them do it? I'm thinking of the Smart Ones, and Healthy Choice, etc. Any thoughts on this?