PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Night Owl

toggpine
March 23rd, 2014, 02:54 AM
This is going to be short & sweet. I has been a very long day. We got a bunch of stuff done in the yard, and about the time we were going to head in, we had a goat go into labor.
A happier event that Wednesday's. We ended up with live twins, a boy & a girl. Pushy milk monsters! The buckling has been butting everything looking for milk, although his tummy is full.

So, I'm headed for the shower and then bed. No late night owling for me.

Anything exciting happen in your day?

Simply Quilting
March 23rd, 2014, 03:47 AM
Enjoy the new goats :) I miss the farm in the spring time with all the new babies.

I did get the five and dime quilt done other than the usually laundry and housework, nothing going on around here.

Hulamoon
March 23rd, 2014, 03:56 AM
I would love to have a baby goat. We have a few farms around that raise them. I don't have any fencing though.

My daughter and I went to a quilt show and wow was I impressed. First there were so many for a tiny island and the work was so beautiful. I took a bunch of pictures of my favorites. Then we went and had lunch. It was a nice day :)

RoseMA
March 23rd, 2014, 04:22 AM
Well I'm happy for you and your baby goats. I've never spent any time on a farm so no frame of reference here. :)
I did have a very nice visit with a good friend. We finally got around to exchanging Christmas gifts! LOL We live 5 miles apart and hardly get together anymore. Thank goodness for Facebook and texting or we would lose touch completely and that would be sad.

Granny Judy
March 23rd, 2014, 04:22 AM
The 20 year old dishwasher finally gave up and died. So the new one was delivered today and I find that DD#2 is doing the installation herself... after 2 trips to the hardware store for "parts" and 5 hours of changing out parts and wiring the new plug in...(all not included) she had to give up and call it a day.. There is a big water leak and a new hose is needed.

I think she said she was saving $100 installation fee.... Well, maybe it will be a savings once it's all back together and working properly. LOL.. I will say she is stubborn but her body isn't as co operative as it once was... And I'm NO help either... I would have gladly paid the installation fee and got ter done!!!

She finally gave up when her hands cramped up and quit working.. tomorrow is another day.. And Her hubby will be here to help her - YeaH!!!

Meanwhile I worked around the mess and got dinner ready. Another day of problems made easier with a hot meal and full tummy's.

Patio Gal
March 23rd, 2014, 09:06 AM
Sorry about all that time and trouble....really cuts into quilting time, doesn't it!

MayinJerset
March 23rd, 2014, 09:17 AM
Cathy after all you did yesterday you surely must of had a great night's sleep. I'm a city gal so no real experience with goats or other farm animals although a quilting friend in Kentucky named one of their goats after me. It was named at birth and turned out to to have a loud voice, so she was properly named at birth.

Oh Judy, I'm with you as I found out that it is easier at times to have someone do the work instead of DH, who gets frustrated and should have his mouth washed out with soap.