PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday!

Blondie
March 21st, 2014, 06:43 AM

Hello Folksies!

It is Friday, the second day of Spring! The first of Spring was pretty fantastic. I know some of you still had some snow on the ground. So sorry. I felt like sunshine, rainbows and lollipops yesterday. I could look outside while I was working and just smile, smile, smile. Not a heavy cloud anywhere, just blue skies and sun shining brightly. We got up to about 55 and it felt WARM. Okay, I will stop making you envious. But just so you know, today is supposed to be even better. I do understand I will be back to whining by Monday.

So, what are your plans for the weekend? I do have to work a bit tomorrow then I think I will try to be productive. By that I mean more than programming the dvr.

Prayers for those who need them, hugs available as well. Don't forget to smile.

Bubby
March 21st, 2014, 06:48 AM
Morning Blondie,

Dottie got me up super early this morning...bless her little heart! It's going to be cloudy and rain later today. They're calling for the same throughout the weekend. As long as there's no ice on the ground it's a Good Thing!

Jeff is still sleeping. I finished up Jeff's Double Slice so now I need to choose another UFO and finish it up. I have two JRRs that just need borders. I can think about this later after I'm awake.

Wishing everyone a great Friday!

Monique
March 21st, 2014, 07:03 AM
Good morning everyone. Happy Friday to you all. What a day yesterday. Roads were brutal. Not much better coming home. Lots of WET snow on the roads makes for tricky driving. Had it not been for the fact that I had to work, I would have turned around and gone back home.

I watched two movies this week, 12 years a slave and August: Osage County and I was not impressed with either movie. They were ok.

Quilting is coming along nicely. I get to work on that again today.

We have plans to go out for dinner at friends tomorrow night. I work in the morning and then I am done working for now, until I get called again. This little post office has changes coming. It will be closed Saturdays as of April 21. The hours change a little but nothing drastic. So nice for the postmistress to finally have a full weekend off.

Well that is all my news for today. I wish you all a fantastic weekend.

CountryHut
March 21st, 2014, 07:31 AM
Happy 3:21 -- World Down Syndrome Day :)
and a

Happy Friday everyone :) . .

hubby is off to work - fur babies are climbing back in their beds - and I'm sitting here wishing that a few stores had earlier opening hours t - with a few errands to run today - I want to make one trip out . . once I hit that driveway and I'm home again -- I don't like to run out again for small trips - unless it's really a must

I watched Ms Jenny's new Tutorial last evening -- could you imagine one Continuous block with that pattern

well, off we go -- it's coffee time - then getting on with my semi busy day

have a super day and - '''Make it''' a great weekend :)

RFREE
March 21st, 2014, 07:36 AM
TGIF!!!! Just 2 more weeks and its spring break:) Spring has definitely sprung and the march flowers are blooming everywhere. LOVE LOVE LOVE spring! So tired of cold icy wet weather.
Yall have a great weekend!
Hugs
Rhonda

Cathy F
March 21st, 2014, 07:38 AM
Morning all,
It's just starting to get light out, it's hard to tell what the weather will be yet but the weatherman says warm for today and tomorrow then back to cold again with a possibility of snow this coming week.Seems like spring is having a hard time taking hold.
Today is grocery day gotta hit the store as the cabinets are looking kinda bare. Hoping to get in some sewing time this afternoon I have a bunch of started projects that need to be worked on. I also want to make a small Easter runner, I found some fabric I forgot I even had in a storage tote in the sewing room closet that would be perfect.
Off for my morning coffee, smiles and hugs in case you need a few extra today!

HandsOffItsMine
March 21st, 2014, 07:53 AM
After a stressful rollercoaster of yes, no, yes, no, YES...the legalize is done on the lease of the new rental property and we will get the keys on the 27th. Yea! Took extra days of cross-over as Don has to work and I want to clean (it's an investor's re-model) after the contractor's dust, touch up some quarter rounds that don't have paint on them (they offered to send their maintenance guy, I could see paint on the new flooring/carpeting - no thanks), etc. Yes, my OCD is showing. lol :D

Also want to take my Delfts Blue and other breakables over as I make my trips back and forth. It's only 3 miles from here and for Kat it's just under 4 miles, a little over a mile further than now. We will have an acre, about 1/2 that's flat lawn, the grandkids will have fun playing outside plus we're at the end of a big cul-de-sac. BBQs, volleyball and badminton for this old Oma. lol

Will start packing each day, don't have too much, the sewing loft will take the longest 'cause that's where I spent any extra money we had. hehe

Next week Jean will be visiting her daughter about 30 minutes from me, we're meeting up for lunch in Marietta since I'll be in boxes. Excited to meet her finally! Unfortunately she refuses to bring her LA with her through TSA! :P

Have a great weekend all. Prayers for those in need. Huggers for all, Ruby

aliaslaceygreen
March 21st, 2014, 08:06 AM
It WAS spring-y yesterday!!! I work today, tomorrow and Sunday! I will be off on Monday with Laylabug and I HOPE it's not another snow storm day, although the noise they are making indicates something messy heading our way!
I really hope to do a bit of something quilty tonight--have to remember I have my Modern Quilt meeting tonight after work...

/ok my turn to shower.... later, peeps!!! ((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

buckeyequilter
March 21st, 2014, 08:13 AM

grrrrrrrrrrrrr......first full day of spring and it's snowing!

GrammaBabs
March 21st, 2014, 08:55 AM
Getting ready to put on my bathing suit!!! I've been doing water aerobics MWF and getting to like getting up and doing it... (well,, almost)...LOL
My Sis is coming tomorrow for a craft fair we are having here...
Looking forward to the weekend with DH,,, little "glass of wine and thou"...:)
Really looking forward to warmer temps when I can do the pool daily OUTSIDE and some warm sun,,, with my needles and yarn and buddies on a daily basis!!
Have a good weekend gals!! Hugs, to all who love a good squeeze!!B

Iris Girl
March 21st, 2014, 09:03 AM
Morning all! Looks like its going to be a nice day here may reach high 40's I will take it!. Have some laundry on the line and am about ready to head out to work. Have the weekend off (from work ) that is. so hopefully can get my 2 started projects done. The batick runner and the rock candy topper. Have a good day all, hugs to all that want them.

Madeforyouinma11
March 21st, 2014, 09:16 AM
Morning everyone! Well, it's only going to be about 47 today...spring is putting up a good fight but we're not quite there yet.
Well this is day three of going to bed early and getting up early. It's been a little rough. Hubby and I are adjusting but we're not sleeping really soundly all night which makes the morning harder. It'll happen.
Hubby is going for a walk today with our lab Benny. A friend of ours just got a puppy...a Rottweiler. He is adorable. He is 8 weeks old. So they are all going for a walk at the bird sanctuary right down the street. It was Benny's 4th birthday yesterday.
Today Julia is coming for a visit. Both my daughters are going for a mani/pedi so I will get to play with my baby girl for awhile.
I will also put the backing on my sweater quilt today and hopefully will be sewing on the binding tonight while watching tv. I'll post pics when it's done.
Not much else going on, so I'll go catch up on my reading.
Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

EnumclawGramma
March 21st, 2014, 09:25 AM
Good Morning! We made it to Friday! Here comes the weekend and the weather is beginning to look more and more like it could maybe possibly be Spring!

No yoga today, hubby's got a "procedure" I'm taking him to. It'll be an all morning event, He's for sure going to want a nap when he gets home so I'll be keeping quiet and out of sight....if you catch my drift. A prayer for him if you would, would be greatly appreciated.

It's still dark here, I'm on my first cup of coffee and I really need to jump in the shower before someone else gets up. I hope everyone has a good day, a productive day, a joyous day. Hugs/Prayers for all who want/need.

Mpyles
March 21st, 2014, 09:35 AM
Good morning! Blue skies, sunshine and 70 is the forecast here today!! Should be a beautiful day!

As I said last night dd is home sick. Hoping she gets the rest she needs today.

I work today, and fully expect to be told that the store I have been trying "to help" will be added to my job responsibilities. Doubt I get any extra pay for that..haha! I am a pretty cut and dried manager...I don't do disorganization, do as you please, or disrespect. I spent the last month and a half putting up with it in this store...trying not to step on anyone's toes....the powers above me have finally figured out that store needs a good old fashioned butt whooping and I am just the gal to give it to them!

Yesterday, I spent most of the day trying to do the wallet for dd. It's on the back burner until she feels better. Tonight I will most likely try to put the BOM together. Miscut one piece ...gonna see if I have something in my stash to replace it. It was suppose to be a 41/2 inch square and I whacked a 1/2 inch too much off one side! What's that saying.....

Anyway, everyone have a great day! Blondie I love the cartoon! Hope those in the dreary part of the world get some sunshine soon! Cold weather and drear are expected here this weekend!

MayinJerset
March 21st, 2014, 09:42 AM
71463 Hope it is a happy one for everyone, or at least an OK one. So much houselhold stuff needs to be done like tons of laundry and a real dusting of furniture but that has to be put on hold as around noon I'll be off to Staten Island for a Granny Cousin Lunch. FYI Grannys began as 5 cousins who met for lunch every month or so, unfortunately our founder, Terry, passed away last year and after a break we began meeting again last Fall. Holidays, snow and illness have kept us from meeting since November so there is much to catch up with.

For a change there isn't anything on our calendar for the weekend so it's time to catch up. As I mentioned tons of laundry, half of which are heavy winter clothes that need to be packed away. Now that there is something other than snow to see out the windows I've noticed how dirty they are on the outside, think I'll get DH to tackle that. Had the upstairs windows open yesterday and the rooms smell and feel refreshed.

Watched Jenny's new tut and I agree with Diane that you could make on really big block that way. Might be a good way to make some dolly quilts from leftovers. I really need to do something with my leftovers as they are taking up too much room in my stash and are scattered in different places. Think I'll cut them into layer cakes and charms, so much easier to store on a shelf and easier to get to.

New York Sue
March 21st, 2014, 09:50 AM
Heading into night three at work, with a teaser night off, then back in for another. UGH!
In between, PT on my right shoulder, for nerve impingement...

I was just researching the AWESOME cold packs used at PT.
Pricey.
If only Ziplock made a 9" X 24" product, I could make my OWN gel packs, for substantially less!
Mmmm.....

Blondie, I envy your 55 degree weather! But I DO feel it's in the air. I would SO love to get out in the yard and toss the remaining snow around to expedite the melting process! (But I would pay too high a price, with this shoulder thing....)

Happy Friday, all! ;)

rebeccas-sewing
March 21st, 2014, 10:29 AM
71485714797148071481714827148371484First photo is what I see when I look out back (that's a shed back there). Next is what I see when I look out front front (Japanese Cherry Blossom tree). Yesterday, we had sun for our trip into Utrecht to square away my residency. Enjoyed walking around a bit and stopped for a cup of coffee outside in the warm weather. Today it's been raining. I'm busy organizing fabrics on comic book boards. What a tedious, slow process. It'll pay off in the long run I'm sure.

Sandy Navas
March 21st, 2014, 10:32 AM
What is it about us females and the shoulder issues? Hope you have some healing soon, Sue.

I'm laughing about Monique watching movies that were just okay. Reminds me of the time we were in a video tape group - we passed tapes from one to another with a certain time frame to watch and then pass on. One night our passer brought movies and made a comment "Don't waste your time watching this one, it's horrible." The movie? Daryl Hannah's "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman". Well, we just couldn't believe it was that horrible (we must have been starved for movies at the time) so we watched it . . . every split second of it . . . and when we passed it we told our followers "Don't waste your time watching this one, it's horrible."

Today I get to belly up to the washing machine. It's pretty durned bad when I have to 'take a number' and schedule an appointment with a disagreeable appliance (never buy a washer with NO agitator . . . what, you say? Well, yes, I can be an agitator, but my laundry needs an internal one.)

Speaking of taking a number, I made a quick run to JAs yesterday looking for some blender fabric (no true luck) and they have a 'take a number' system in place now. Ahead of me was a young woman who must have had a minimum of 30 bolts of fabric - and they only have one cutter working . . . and the line was growing, everyone was being calm and enjoying visiting and talking to others, and the customer and cutter were busy with 4 yards here, whatever's left on the bolt here, how about 5 yards, maybe a yard and a half . . . you get the picture. And so they finally finish and I have the next number and I have a bolt with a wee bit of fabric left on it. So I step up to the counter and pass my bolt of fabric over and ask the cutter (whom I know fairly well) to cut me one inch strips. I wish I'd had my camera aimed at her . . . before she realized I was actually pulling her leg. I think she double the price of the fabric to get back at me though.

And so I'm headed to sort laundry. It's either do it today or go buy new underwear.

Many hugs to all. Oh, and keep smiling - it's good for you (right, Blondie?)

Jean Sewing Machine
March 21st, 2014, 10:43 AM
Hi folks! So excited for my grandkids spring break next week and a trip to Marietta, GA to see my daughter AND RUBY! We're leaving tomorrow morning! Am I packed? Of course not! That's what evenings are for. The grandkids are already off today, so I'll get them in a while, we'll do something fun today, like shop or eat out!

Can't say any of us are looking forward to the long drives, but that's what gets us to see our dear daughter and SIL, aunt and uncle, Sister and BIL..

Check out my tutorial on how to make a queen or king size jelly roll race quilt, a little bit different process than we are used to doing. I thought of this method in October but finally got around to trying it this week when I unearthed 6 identical jelly rolls that I had bought at different times from Big Lots! Since you need almost 100 strips to do this, it would have been an expensive experiment using 40 strip jelly rolls from MSQC. Besides, I have a lot of queen size jelly roll quilts, maybe didn't need another. I have to quilt this one then I can use it!

Check out the links to the 5 part tutorial in my user notes, page 6 or in my thread started last night. Jean JellyRoll Queen is my YouTube channel.

Have a great day!

LynneLeavell
March 21st, 2014, 10:44 AM
Working today, hoping to get some sewing done tonight. I have two things to put the binding on and then I can start a couple of new projects. Hope to get out and work some in our garage so I can get closer to moving my sewing stuff from the living room to my new sewing area. Have three ball games tomorrow and then will have my youngest grandson tomorrow night along with the two that live with me. So my house is really going to be hectic but fun and loving. It's a mad house when all three of the grandsons are together but it is also fun.

I've been so busy this week that I haven't been able to the Greater Atlanta Shop Hop. It started last Saturday the 15th and goes through this Saturday. Normally it is just 4 days but this year we have a week.

Every one who is getting the Spring like weather enjoy, ones with Snow thinking about you. They say we are going to have a low of 28 degrees on Tuesday morning next week.

Prayers going out to those who need it and to those who don't.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 21st, 2014, 10:52 AM
Working today, hoping to get some sewing done tonight. I have two things to put the binding on and then I can start a couple of new projects. Hope to get out and work some in our garage so I can get closer to moving my sewing stuff from the living room to my new sewing area. Have three ball games tomorrow and then will have my youngest grandson tomorrow night along with the two that live with me. So my house is really going to be hectic but fun and loving. It's a mad house when all three of the grandsons are together but it is also fun.

I've been so busy this week that I haven't been able to the Greater Atlanta Shop Hop. It started last Saturday the 15th and goes through this Saturday. Normally it is just 4 days but this year we have a week.

Every one who is getting the Spring like weather enjoy, ones with Snow thinking about you. They say we are going to have a low of 28 degrees on Tuesday morning next week.

Prayers going out to those who need it and to those who don't.Lynne, my daughter lives between Marietta, Kennesaw, Ackworth. All of those locations come up when she psts on FB. I'll be visiting her next week. She lives off of 120.

New York Sue
March 21st, 2014, 10:53 AM
What is it about us females and the shoulder issues? Hope you have some healing soon, Sue.

I'm laughing about Monique watching movies that were just okay. Reminds me of the time we were in a video tape group - we passed tapes from one to another with a certain time frame to watch and then pass on. One night our passer brought movies and made a comment "Don't waste your time watching this one, it's horrible." The movie? Daryl Hannah's "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman". Well, we just couldn't believe it was that horrible (we must have been starved for movies at the time) so we watched it . . . every split second of it . . . and when we passed it we told our followers "Don't waste your time watching this one, it's horrible."

Today I get to belly up to the washing machine. It's pretty durned bad when I have to 'take a number' and schedule an appointment with a disagreeable appliance (never buy a washer with NO agitator . . . what, you say? Well, yes, I can be an agitator, but my laundry needs an internal one.)

Speaking of taking a number, I made a quick run to JAs yesterday looking for some blender fabric (no true luck) and they have a 'take a number' system in place now. Ahead of me was a young woman who must have had a minimum of 30 bolts of fabric - and they only have one cutter working . . . and the line was growing, everyone was being calm and enjoying visiting and talking to others, and the customer and cutter were busy with 4 yards here, whatever's left on the bolt here, how about 5 yards, maybe a yard and a half . . . you get the picture. And so they finally finish and I have the next number and I have a bolt with a wee bit of fabric left on it. So I step up to the counter and pass my bolt of fabric over and ask the cutter (whom I know fairly well) to cut me one inch strips. I wish I'd had my camera aimed at her . . . before she realized I was actually pulling her leg. I think she double the price of the fabric to get back at me though.

And so I'm headed to sort laundry. It's either do it today or go buy new underwear.

Many hugs to all. Oh, and keep smiling - it's good for you (right, Blondie?)

Thanks, Sandy! Hope you get some time in the laundry room!

Believe it or not, I e-mailed the Ziplock people. Between sport's injuries and an aging population, I think it's time they went a little 'off road'...
We'll see if they reply!

Rebecca, STUNNING pics! ;)

toggpine
March 21st, 2014, 12:41 PM
Sue: Do you have a FoodSaver or know someone who does? The large roll of bag material is 10" wide and you can make the bag as long as you want. If you are careful (no sharp stuff) the bags will last a long time, and the edges are heat sealed so they won't leak.

Rebecca: What amazing places you get to see! Your current home has some fabulous views.

Sandy: It's spring, new undies might be in order. I'm with you on the HE/no-agitator thing. Our stupid machine won't let you open the lid to fix an out-of-balance load without completely re-setting. At least we didn't buy a front-loader.

I have a farm consultation today. (I'm thinking I may start a new business.) These folks are new to farming and want to start a dairy with goats. Today we are finishing up tattooing the ID numbers in their animals ears, going over raising kids, and how to feed milkers for best production.
Our single goat kid is doing OK. Her back legs aren't looking properly put together, but we'll see how she does once she's up using them more often. She still sleeps most of the day, telling me she was born early, as I thought.

I'll be filling the coffee cup, topping off the hay feeders, and heading out shortly.

You all have a marvelous day, and make someone smile!
Cathy

WendyI
March 21st, 2014, 01:29 PM
Hi All...I'm late as usual! Just having lunch here at work and managed to take some time to pop in. I just got handed a huge project yesterday and am assisting on another so life at work continues to be busy. We are supposed to get MORE snow but honestly, I'm okay with it as I detest early spring. My yard is all gardens and when you have three dogs that translates to a LOT of muddy dog feet! uhg.

BUT it's Friday and there will be snow so I'm okay with it! Have an awesome day everyone! Oh and Rebecca...I am INCREDIBLY envious of that view! GORGEOUS photos! Thanks for sharing! ((((((HUGS))))))) to everyone! xox

Simply Quilting
March 21st, 2014, 01:50 PM
Good Morning :) Today is hubby's birthday. I gave him the quilt I made him. He really liked it. The strawberry birthday cake just came out of the oven. I'll frost it after it cools. The children are helping fix his birthday lunch - grilled chicken breast, mashed potatoes, gravy and peas.

His day started off with a DOT physical so that he can keep his CDL. And he passed except because he has a C-PAP, he has to do a sleep study (has to have one every year). They allowed him to renew his license but he is not allowed to drive trucks (thankfully, that is not his job) until the sleep study is done. The hoops one has to jump through anymore.

As far as plans for the weekend, nothing exciting - laundry, cleaning house and some sewing.

Have a great Friday and weekend everyone :)