PDA

View Full Version : Oil pulling

EmmaB
March 19th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Curiosity got the better of me and I had to see what this was. I had been seeing it here and there lately. I don't know if I could swish coconut oil (or some other oil) around in my mouth that long. Seems a little strange.

Does anyone do this?

Sandy Navas
March 19th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Hmmmmmm? Wonder why my 'what's the latest daughter' hasn't started this????????

mommadeb
March 19th, 2014, 02:29 PM
What is it???

laf512
March 19th, 2014, 02:29 PM
I've heard of it, and I was intrigued until I read you are supposed to do it for 20 minutes. No thank you!

HandsomeRyan
March 19th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Most of the claims made about oil pulling are testably false.

I don't think it will hurt you but it probably won't treat or cure anything either.

Iris Girl
March 19th, 2014, 02:50 PM
my question is who has 20 mins every day when your getting ready for work to do this?

EmmaB
March 19th, 2014, 03:00 PM
my question is who has 20 mins every day when your getting ready for work to do this?

I agree! I do good to do what I do and get to work on time.

It would be nice if everything advertised actually does what it claims. Wouldn't that be nice? No one would be sick or have any kind of ailments at all! Everyone's teeth would be bright white, no toe fungus, no bad breath and not to mention wrinkle free skin. LOL!

EnumclawGramma
March 19th, 2014, 03:25 PM
I read about it out of curiosity as well. If you have crowns (who doesn't?) it could/would loosen them. No thank you.

LorraineRob
March 19th, 2014, 06:27 PM
OMG! I'd throw up if I had a mouthful of oil. Yuk! How horrible. I'm cringing here at the thought of it.

MayinJerset
March 19th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Question? What is so special about coconut oil anyway?

lyric
March 19th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Curiosity got the better of me and I had to see what this was. I had been seeing it here and there lately. I don't know if I could swish coconut oil (or some other oil) around in my mouth that long. Seems a little strange.

Does anyone do this?

I adhered to the oil pulling program some years ago. It probably lasted all of a couple of weeks. Yes, CO is a good oil to use. The things it supposedly does for the body (per the group I was involved with) . . . cure-all. I doubt it. Then again, did not adhere to the program long enough for change undoubtedly.

lyric
March 19th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Question? What is so special about coconut oil anyway?

From various sources I have read: EVERYTHING. :icon_giggle:

HandsOffItsMine
March 19th, 2014, 07:23 PM
I have personal friends who swear by it, they've done it for over a year. Some have auto-immune illnesses and say that it has helped some. Most claim that it has lightened their teeth.

Haven't tried it caused the thickening oil idea makes me want to hurl...

EmmaB
March 19th, 2014, 07:36 PM
The news segment I watched showed a girl who scooped a spoonful out of a jar and putting it in her mouth. It looked liked a big glop of Crisco! YUCK! The reporter said people mostly use coconut oil because of the taste. I bet it taste better than Vicks Vapor Rub. I know some oldtimers that would actually swallow that stuff. My dad used to drink vinegar every day.

More power to ones that could do it. I don't think it's for me.

I wonder about the strangest things! LOL

Sandy Navas
March 19th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Amazing, if you listen to any of the 'drug' ads on TV, the side-effects far outnumber the positive benefits. I think this would do no more than grease my innards.

Checked with my daughter, who has fallen for the coconut oil and she tells me that Amanda (Ezra's Mom) has been doing this for weeks. Excuse me, no wonder she's looked a bit peaked.

K. McEuen
March 19th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Okay, keep it in your mouth for 15 to 20 minutes and don't swallow any of it. Yeah, right. Talk about oily discharge ...

Miss Sheri
March 19th, 2014, 08:53 PM
EEEWWWWWW Grooooose! Yucky, nasty, icky, blah ~ My response to a mouthful of 'oil' for any length of time!

Karena1984
March 19th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Lol I use coconut oil to make lotion. It I wouldn't use it as a mouthwash!!

MayinJerset
March 20th, 2014, 06:38 AM
Didn't someone post awhile ago about a family member whose lungs were coated with oil? Think the person was spraying it in their nose.