PDA

View Full Version : For Those of You Who Prayed for Willow Long

Mom23
March 19th, 2014, 12:14 AM
Many of you prayed with me last September when a little girl named Willow Long went missing in our community. 2 days later her body was found and her uncle was arrested for her murder. Justin Deryke plead guilty to murder today and will spend the rest of his life in prison with no chance of parole. It's a horrible story but I'm glad he owned up to what he did and didn't waste thousands of dollars in taxpayers money to try to fight prison.

DeRyke Pleads Guilty to Murder; Gets Natural Life in Prison - thexradio (http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-local-news/10344-deryke-pleads-guilty-to-murder-gets-natural-life-in-prison)

Miss Sheri
March 19th, 2014, 12:17 AM
Such a sad and terrible event. Glad, with you, that he is taking responsibility and will have an appropiate sentence.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 19th, 2014, 12:25 AM
It is big news here in St. Louis. You wonder what makes people do horrible things like this. Big news also for the girl abducted in Springfield, Mo. I'm so afraid for my grandkids.

Simply Quilting
March 19th, 2014, 02:50 AM
So sad for everyone. Thankful that he can never hurt another child again.

easyquilts
March 19th, 2014, 06:50 AM
I do remember the story....it was so awful.... Thank you for the update....

Monique
March 19th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Sorry, but I hope they all rot in jail.

HandsOffItsMine
March 19th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Thank you for the update. If we can't get the Death Penalty, life without the possibility of parole is the next best thing.

Jean it is so true, your kids have to be so careful with who they live their kids with. Kat practices what I did, have the children come to our house. However, here it was the uncle...

auntiemern
March 20th, 2014, 12:16 AM
These are scary times we live in. It gets worse everyday. I get so upset reading daily about attempted abductions around the country. There have been several in the greater St. Louis area in the past couple of weeks. I watch my grand kids like a hawk, cuz you just never know. I was glad to hear that he pleaded guilty, and will never see freedom again. My personal opinion is there is no punishment that is hard enough for a person that hurts a child. Pray for the safety of our kids and grand kids...cuz there really isn't anything else we can do.

Blondie
March 20th, 2014, 06:32 AM
Thank you for posting this update. I have often wondered what the outcome would ultimately be.

Granny Judy
March 20th, 2014, 07:32 AM
Keeping my mouth shut on how I feel about someone who takes a child's life. Glad he is where he can't hurt anyone else.