PDA

View Full Version : In case you have missed me..... I hope....LOL

janluna
March 18th, 2014, 10:21 PM
This is a short message as now I am typing with my left hand. Not good for a right hand person. I'm kicking! I have to, I can't use my arms. :lol: I will be snooping and reading. I'm still here! Love, Hugs, and Prayers for you all, Jan L.:icon_wave:

BellasQuilts
March 18th, 2014, 10:25 PM
There she is! I've been missing you, dear! Glad you are back on here even if one of your wings is messed up!

Lonna
March 18th, 2014, 10:39 PM
So good to see you back. You have been missed.

Kgrammiecaz
March 18th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Its always good to see someone back if they have been missing. If not too personal a question, where did you go, what happened. Hope all is healing well and you are staying warm up there in NY

SallyO'Sews
March 18th, 2014, 10:44 PM
Nice to see you again! Hope you heal up quickly!

Ginny B
March 18th, 2014, 10:44 PM
I was just thinking about you the other day Jan. You sure have been missed. Glad you popped in to say hi.

Miss Sheri
March 18th, 2014, 10:45 PM
Hi Jan, so glad you are here, in any form we can get you. Hugs for you sweetie, hope you are fully functional real soon.

Mimis-quilts
March 18th, 2014, 10:47 PM
You definitely have been missed...but glad you are back! Even worse than not being able to type...not being able to sew has to be rough too! Hope you heal quickly!

BobW
March 18th, 2014, 11:21 PM
I hope your arm heals quickly so you can get back to quilting.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 18th, 2014, 11:26 PM
Welcome back! Get well soon!

lilmouse
March 18th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Glad to "see" you...and yes you have been missed!!!!

auntiemern
March 18th, 2014, 11:55 PM
Glad to have you back hun. Snoop til your hearts content. Just glad that you are able to do that.

pcbatiks
March 19th, 2014, 12:43 AM
Yeah, Jan.........glad to see you here again! I've missed you.

Cathy F
March 19th, 2014, 01:05 AM
Welcome back, good to see you!

bkthomas
March 19th, 2014, 01:16 AM
Always thinking of you Jan! Take care & God Bless!

MRoy
March 19th, 2014, 01:30 AM
Welcome back Jan!

toggpine
March 19th, 2014, 01:34 AM
Jan! Glad to see you are able to pop in for a visit!

It sucks about your arm. Here is to hoping they get that fixed up soon. We want you back to 100% as soon as possible!
Big hugs to you and the family. I hope they are all well too.

P.S. An Emily, Laura, Sarah update would be nice when you have the strength to give one.

Iris Girl
March 19th, 2014, 05:30 AM
glad to see you, you have been missed, heal quickly.

easyquilts
March 19th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Glad to see you up and kicking.... Take care of thar arm...

Bubby
March 19th, 2014, 06:44 AM
I think of you often, Jan. Pop in whenever you can. I've missed you.....Hugs.

adriene
March 19th, 2014, 07:02 AM
I ended up getting hit by a car while bicycling on Nov. 1. It took me forever to get back to quilting. I ended up w/ shoulder surgery (say that three times fast). Hope you're on the mend and can be back in the swing of things soon. I spent a lot of time on-line ogling tutorials, fabrics and patterns. LOL

rebeccas-sewing
March 19th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Hi Jan, Glad you've joined us again. I had a period of time when I wasn't on the Forum much. I obviously missed this issue with your arm. What's going on?

Monique
March 19th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Of course you are missed Jan.

HandsOffItsMine
March 19th, 2014, 08:22 AM
(((Jan))),

Missed you and Joe plus the family!

Glad that you will at least be stalking us again. hehe

Huggers and love, Ruby, Don, Kat, Matt, Zander, Ollie and Miss Penny!

Jess1377
March 19th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Feel better soon Jan! (((Jans)))

janluna
March 19th, 2014, 06:46 PM
:icon_wave:​Aww, thank you for all your wonderful messages! For those of you who asked, what happened?, I have had 3 surgeries in 6 months. Left and right shoulders, and my thumb. The Rotator cuff was ripped off the bone, my shoulder was dislocated, and I had a huge (4 cm) tear. When they got in there, the dislocation alone had frayed muscle.
So they sewed up what they could, and reattached the cuff to bone with screws. Time for rehab: One and a half years.
Next my thumb decided to become a trigger. It went toward my palm and could not be pried back in place. Easy time, it works fine.
From overcompensating for the left arm, the rotator cuff on the right side, slide sideways and tore a hole, (Doc called it a "cave") and said, ( "I took a ton of Arthritis off the bone.") He said I just missed going the way of the left side. It will be 4 to 6 months of rehab. He also said it was the first time anyone had asked him, "when can I sew". When can I work, drive, go to school,play sports, Yes. When can I quilt, Never!
I had just been given permission to sew for 10 minutes at a time, from PT when this happened. Now my Darlin Joe won't let me do anything. He's afraid that the left will give up for overcompensating for the right. I will heal. Hopefully quicker than they think. "I am woman, hear me roar!" LOL My Polar Ice bucket is my new bff.
Adrienne, I'm so sorry you were injured. I hope your PT person is as great as mine has been. I'm going to adopt him. Ok, got to go and put my ice bucket back on.
Love you all, and Thank you again. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

bkthomas
March 19th, 2014, 06:52 PM
We love ya' Jan!!!! Take care.....lurk whenever you want!

Pegger
March 19th, 2014, 07:57 PM
I feel for you. I fell and broke my left arm. Went through 9 months of therapy, not good. The Doctor ordered a CAT scan, found out the shoulder was broken in 2 more places. Since it had been so long since I broke it, those two pieces would not heal. They had died for lack of blood flow. When he said the bone pieces were dead I thought oh my what now. Had to have an artificial shoulder put in. Then more therapy. The surgery was in August of 2012. It is still not the same.

ilive2craft2
March 19th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Jan, glad to see you back! Hopefully, once this is healed you will be back to quilting and no more pain! Take care of yourself.

GuitarGramma
March 19th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Awww, Jan, I *did* miss you. I'm so sorry to hear all that you've gone through. I'm sorry to hear about everyone else's woes, too.

We're quilters! We want healthy arms and shoulders! Is that too much to ask? :)

janluna
March 19th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Pegger, I am so sorry that happened to you. My heart aches for you. Hugs and Prayers being sent your way.

janluna
March 19th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Toni, I agree with you. That is all we ask! Hugs!

RFREE
March 19th, 2014, 10:59 PM
Great to see you here Jan. Get well soon. We have missed you:)

meemeecyn
March 19th, 2014, 11:48 PM
I didn't know you had gotten hurt, Jan. But I did miss you. Glad to hear you are doing better and able to check in.

Miss Sheri
March 20th, 2014, 12:00 AM
I ended up getting hit by a car while bicycling on Nov. 1. It took me forever to get back to quilting. I ended up w/ shoulder surgery (say that three times fast). Hope you're on the mend and can be back in the swing of things soon. I spent a lot of time on-line ogling tutorials, fabrics and patterns. LOL

Wow Adriene, I had no idea, shoulder surgery isn't for sissies that's for sure! I hope you are well and healed now. Hugs! Sheri

Miss Sheri
March 20th, 2014, 12:07 AM
Wow Adriene, I had no idea, shoulder surgery isn't for sissies that's for sure! I hope you are well and healed now. Hugs! Sheri

:icon_wave:​Aww, thank you for all your wonderful messages! For those of you who asked, what happened?, I have had 3 surgeries in 6 months. Left and right shoulders, and my thumb. The Rotator cuff was ripped off the bone, my shoulder was dislocated, and I had a huge (4 cm) tear. When they got in there, the dislocation alone had frayed muscle.
So they sewed up what they could, and reattached the cuff to bone with screws. Time for rehab: One and a half years.
Next my thumb decided to become a trigger. It went toward my palm and could not be pried back in place. Easy time, it works fine.
From overcompensating for the left arm, the rotator cuff on the right side, slide sideways and tore a hole, (Doc called it a "cave") and said, ( "I took a ton of Arthritis off the bone.") He said I just missed going the way of the left side. It will be 4 to 6 months of rehab. He also said it was the first time anyone had asked him, "when can I sew". When can I work, drive, go to school,play sports, Yes. When can I quilt, Never!
I had just been given permission to sew for 10 minutes at a time, from PT when this happened. Now my Darlin Joe won't let me do anything. He's afraid that the left will give up for overcompensating for the right. I will heal. Hopefully quicker than they think. "I am woman, hear me roar!" LOL My Polar Ice bucket is my new bff.
Adrienne, I'm so sorry you were injured. I hope your PT person is as great as mine has been. I'm going to adopt him. Ok, got to go and put my ice bucket back on.
Love you all, and Thank you again. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

I feel for you. I fell and broke my left arm. Went through 9 months of therapy, not good. The Doctor ordered a CAT scan, found out the shoulder was broken in 2 more places. Since it had been so long since I broke it, those two pieces would not heal. They had died for lack of blood flow. When he said the bone pieces were dead I thought oh my what now. Had to have an artificial shoulder put in. Then more therapy. The surgery was in August of 2012. It is still not the same.

Jan and Peggy, WOw, wow, and WOWZERS! My goodness that is a LOT to deal with! I do believe quilters are a pretty tough stock of folks! It is an honor to be among all of you, in any capacity. Hugs, and Prayers for proper healing! ~Sheri