PDA

View Full Version : Daughter update march 18

Swedish leo
March 18th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Hi

To day we ( me and my daughter and the social care people) have had a meeting.

It is now decided that she will be moved to a in lack of a better word. an instution.
A place were she will stay for a period of 8 to 12 weeks for investigation on how she feels and way she feel it.

It is a very strict place in the nature about 1 and a half hour car drive from were we live.
There will be many people, Psychologist and such around here 24-7 and she will have schooltime and
everything from morning to night in strich schedules.

On the up side there will be horses there for her to take care of.

She is heartbroken to go, she does not want to leave the emergancy foster care home that she is living in right now.
But I am optimistic about it. It sounds like a place that she needs to get to the bottom with what it is that makes her feel so bad.

I think it might be the right thing to do right now.

Fingers crossed.

Hugs Annika

Wwena
March 18th, 2014, 05:37 PM
It sounds like they are taking this seriously - good! I hope it works for her, that she can give it her best try. We only get one life, I'm sure she will treasure hers, with time. Got you in my thoughts always, Annika! Kram kram.

pcbatiks
March 18th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Annika......you & your daughter will be in my prayers.

IBake
March 18th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Annika,
sometimes we just have to let go, and trust that the higher powers that be know what is best. Although the foster care may be nice, the professionals feel she needs more. This is their job and we just need to trust them. Perhaps the structure will help her get where she needs to go.

I think about you and your daughter often and offer up prayers for both of you. Hang in there. I once read a saying ---you don't always get what you want, but you get what you need.

many hugs..........

GrammaBabs
March 18th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Annika.. I am so glad things have come to this point.. as I said before.. I've walked this walk.... the ONLY way to get any success for a situation like this is to have her observed over a period of time by professionals, with little or NO outside contact..most of the time it is a chemical imbalance, but to get to the root it takes time and proper diagnosis... You are a very strong woman to do this... It's extremely difficult to let go this way , and trust... especially when the child is hurt and angry over it... but follow thru and let the Dr. do their job... hopefully they will be able to get her to understand what's bothering her or what is her trigger... for my son is was alcohol addiction, but all of this begins with something.. and NOW THIS... it's NOTHING you DID... sometimes the "chromozones" just don't create things in a perfect way!!!:),, but it can be worked thru... Hang in there.. I'm praying and thinking of you daily!!! Hugs, B

Jean Sewing Machine
March 18th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Thinking of you and your daughter! How hard it must be for both of you. She must be in a place where professionals are managing her care so she doesn't try to harm herself again. Prayers that this step will help her life her future life in peace and happiness!

Iris Girl
March 18th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Thinking of you and your daughter and hoping this will help her to live a fuller life free of harm.

asta
March 18th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Annika......you & your daughter will be in my prayers.

Same here, praying it all works out for the best.

Blondie
March 18th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Annika, prayers continue. I am encouraged that she will receive the help she needs and that you seem to be handling this very bravely.
Blessings to you
Blondie

soul60s
March 18th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Hugs to you and your daughter. Sounds like this will be good for her. I think 8-12 weeks is a really good start. Take good care of yourself during that time. You deserve it.

bkthomas
March 18th, 2014, 07:11 PM
You are in my thoughts and prayers Annika!

Suzette
March 18th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Annika, my prayers for you and your daughter continue. I pray that she receives all the help that she needs at this facility to leave happier and healthier. I think you have made an excellent decision for your daughter and for your family.

I was so happy to read that there are horses at this facility. As a horsewoman myself and someone who does volunteer work at a local hippotherapy center, I know firsthand the power of these wonderful animals to assist in the healing process. God bless and take care of yourself during this time too.

Monique
March 18th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Wishing you and your daughter the very best.

Slokarma
March 18th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Annika,

I'm so sad and yet so hopeful for the two of you.
I hope this change will be head you both in the directions you need to travel.

I'll be keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Sue

Lilly
March 18th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Dang, it is hard to be a Mom! I'm praying for you. And I think you're doing a great job with this. Thanks for the update.

Shirley
March 18th, 2014, 07:47 PM
I hope for the best for you and your daughter.

MayinJerset
March 18th, 2014, 07:49 PM
This is a very good turning point for your daughter and only good things can come from it.

MartinaG
March 18th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Sounds like your DD is in good hands and heading for a healthy solution. I wish you all the best.

ilive2craft2
March 18th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Keeping you both in my prayers.

toggpine
March 18th, 2014, 09:55 PM
My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your family while this gets sorted out.

Hugs, Cathy

BellasQuilts
March 18th, 2014, 10:00 PM
Prayers going out for you now.

Nidan_07
March 18th, 2014, 10:33 PM
Dear Annika,
I have been thinking of you and wondering how things were going for your daughter. It must be so difficult for you to see her on to another place, but let's hope that this is the final step in obtaining an accurate diagnosis for her.
My thoughts are with you both, and I'm sure she will be in the right hands to get her better.

easyquilts
March 18th, 2014, 10:38 PM
Anika.... Thank goodness your daughter will get the care she needs.... I know the whole situation is hard on you....and your daughter... Hopefully s ome real good will come of this.

Mimis-quilts
March 18th, 2014, 10:45 PM
Annika...it sounds like your daughter is going to the right place. She needs to be monitored and have therapy to find out what is at the bottom of her troubles. Mental illness has always had such a stigma attached to it...when I was diagnosed with depression, I soon discovered that the more I talk about things, the better I feel. Mental illness is no different than physical illness...it just means that something is not functioning properly and needs some attention.
Thoughts and prayers for you and your daughter!
Hugs...Pat

SallyO'Sews
March 18th, 2014, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the update, Annika. Still praying for all concerned - you, your daughter, and her medical team. Hugs to you!

tamsterg7
March 18th, 2014, 10:57 PM
Annika, as hard as this is now, it is a very good choice and will begin the process of diagnosis and healing. You are an awesome Mom to make such a hard choice. While she is getting the help she needs, take time for yourself, as I am sure you need it too. Hugs and prayers for your family.

MRoy
March 18th, 2014, 11:11 PM
Prayers for your family continue. (((HUGS)))

BobW
March 18th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Annika,

Sometimes the hardest thing is admitting that one of our loved ones need more help than we can provide. It sounds like this may be the best treatment available. It won't be easy, on your daughter or you. I hope you can let the facility do there thing and see if your daughter responds. Please know that I'll be thinking of you and her both. Please keep us updated if you will, I know that it is hard to discuss things like this sometimes. Take care of yourself and be ready for when she is better and needs you there for her.

auntiemern
March 19th, 2014, 12:16 AM
Annika, thanks for the update. I know it seems difficult, but I am sure it is best for her and you. She will get the treatment she needs, and you will get the peace of mind knowing she is being cared for properly. Continued prayers for both of you. Hang in there.

Auntpiggylpn
March 19th, 2014, 12:58 AM
Annika - your daughter is in the right place. As a former psych nurse, the intensive and restricted environment of an inpatient facility has proven itself over and over again. She's so young to carry so many troubles on her shoulders; the professionals will help her deal with these issues in a more appropriate and productive manner. They will give her tools to help her cope with her problems in positive ways. I hope that you, as well as your other children, have someone that you can talk with to help you deal with the burden you are carrying. If you aren't healthy - mentally, physically and emotionally, it will make this journey so much tougher. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and everyone is hoping for a positive outcome.

stationarymom
March 19th, 2014, 01:47 AM
Annika I hope this will help the both of you so you will be able to later have her at home and know how to help her. I raised my nephew for many years and went through many of the same trials and we sadly did not get all of the proper care needed we did see therapist but they never really helped him i think some even made the sit. worse because they only saw him for 1hr a week. he later ended up in long term foster care. so i wish you the best.

GuitarGramma
March 19th, 2014, 02:38 AM
Annual, I believe in the power of prayer, and I also believe in taking positive steps. I have a suggestion for you that has helped many of my loved ones--and myself--to combat depression. It's very simple, but very effective: magnesium.

Magnesium is severely depleted in most of us. And when we don't have enough magnesium, it leads directly to depression and thoughts of suicide. Doctors seem to overlook this, but it's well documented.

I know your daughter is under strict supervision, so you can only try. But if at all possible, please try to get her some magnesium supplements.

I will also pray for her.

Swedish leo
March 19th, 2014, 03:35 AM
Thank you all for your thoughts and warm support.

I do feel that this is the way to go. Even if it is gonna be hard on Josefine.

She needs more than I or the open care can provide for the moment.

My self is getting to a more manageble Place regarding my feelings about all of this.
I started back at work yeasterday and I Think that is a good ideea. Need to get back to routins again.

My other daughter is helping my at home to get our flat in a good Place. She is growing big time as she feels needed by me to help mom.

Hugs Annika

Bubby
March 19th, 2014, 06:55 AM
You and your daughters are in my prayers. This sounds like a good thing for your daughter. I hope they can discover what's wrong and find a way to help her. Hugs....

rebeccas-sewing
March 19th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Thanks for letting us know the next step, Annika. I'm so glad they have decided to take serious action to help her. I hope she won't have too much trouble adjusting to this new situation. Let us know how she's doing as time goes by. In the meantime, try to keep a positive attitude if you can. How is your other daughter doing? I'm sure she's been affected by this situation as well.

quiltingtrish
March 19th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Prayers for you and your family, I keep you all in my prayers often. It sounds like this is a great idea - I pray she finds the help she needs.

EmmaB
March 19th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Thank you for the update Annika. I've been thinking of you and will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. I LOVED that you mentioned the facility has horses. In my daughter's darkest days, I prayed for someone to say she needed to be in a facility such as your daughter is going to. The most she ever got was a 4-day hospitalization and the 4th day had to be approved by her health insurance carrier.

It just seems our children are exposed to so many things, too fast and too young through no fault of a parent. I think they get overwhelmed and are too young to handle it. I'm hoping that the facility your daughter is going to has DBT therapy. It's a little new but out of all the drugs my daughter has tried, this has seemed to help her the most. When things are not going well for her, I can almost see her "turning her thinking around".

I know it's so hard but Lady, you are doing a great job.

mommadeb
March 19th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Many many hugs and prayers out to all of you.