PDA

View Full Version : I am a wimp..Ok I confess!!!!

inspired
March 18th, 2014, 04:45 PM
We just could not take it any more soooo we are sitting in Largo Florida with our friends sipping joy juice in the sun. It feels so good to escape the freakin cold and our real life stresses for a bit and it is so sunny and warm. Would you believe the day we left Buffalo all flights were cancelled except 2 and we were on one of them. I knew then that God wanted us to go My big score is a garage sale my bff saw in her neighborhood and I now have an unbelievable amount of fabric ...quilt blocks started and patterns and books. I was just giddy with excitement when I saw what she got for me. The quilters name was Nancy Drew and judging from the boxes of stuff she was a dedicated quilter. My big problem now is how the heck to get it all home in my suitcases! I would be happy to leave my clothes and hubbys golf clubs but he is not haha! So we bought vacumn storage bags and will see how that goes. I just wanted to share this with someone who could appreciate my excitement! Instead of being so sad after this trip I am looking forward to reuniting with my machine....Val

Doloris
March 18th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Sometimes when I go on vacation and I get carried away buying things I will send myself a box by mail or UPS that should arrive a day or 2 after I get home

mommadeb
March 18th, 2014, 05:06 PM
I've been known to bring an extra suitcase or two home. Have a wonderful time on your trip!

bubba
March 18th, 2014, 05:17 PM
I'd say carry it on the plane! Probably not a deal for you to flat rate a box home since you live in Canada, but that is what I had to do from Hawaii!!!

Hulamoon
March 18th, 2014, 05:24 PM
I took my dd to Maui (one rock to another lol) and we went to a mall before we were leaving just to kill some time. They had a really nice fabric store and I went a little crazy. We were repacking the suitcase in the parking lot!

Those bags are great for what your doing. I was on the mainland taking care of my auntie and bought those to bring stuff back.

Glad you were able to take a break from the weather. Show us your stash when you get back!

pcbatiks
March 18th, 2014, 05:46 PM
That sounds like the perfect vacation!

Doloris
March 18th, 2014, 05:53 PM
I'd say carry it on the plane! Probably not a deal for you to flat rate a box home since you live in Canada, but that is what I had to do from Hawaii!!!
Oops, I missed the Canada thing. Better to pack as much as you can and carry on the rest.:-)

IBake
March 18th, 2014, 06:20 PM
We were home in Minnesota and it was a flying trip, not a driving trip. I had gone to my fav. fabric warehouse where everything is half off of the price on the bolt. They have the big German 26" pillows that we sleep on...and the ones at home were getting rather flat. So I picked up 4 to take home. We had already filled the extra duffle bag that hubby always packs when we fly somewhere and he was NOT going to buy another one. Honestly, I just don't understand his lack of excitement over my wonderful finds! We made a quick stop at my favorite store-Target-and picked up some of the space bags. Got two pillows in each xl bag...then I sent hubby down to the front desk to ask to borrow the vacuum. It was with great reluctance, but he went. Came back with the vaccum...said that when he asked for it, they offered to come up and clean up whatever we had spilled. He told them he was sucking the air out of my shopping purchases...they looked at him a little strange, but gave it to him. We used them. they went flat, and we flew home with new pillows. "Never Again!" was hubbys comment, but he was thankful for the new pillow.....never underestimate a shopper with a mission and a space sack.