PDA

View Full Version : St. Patty's Day

Sharyn J
March 17th, 2014, 06:43 PM
Would you believe that my local grocery store had NO corned beef? They were out yesterday and still had none today. Had to skip across town and find at another store.

It's cooking and smelling really good. Bought extra large one so we can have Rueben sandwiches tomorrow. I love that Pannini maker and can't wait for leftovers.

BTW, I'm not Irish, but my children are 50%. What fun! They get the best of two worlds with my cooking: Polish and Irish! Now if that's not a lethal combination, I don't know what is! :D

Lindagie
March 17th, 2014, 07:27 PM
No Irish in this house, but I still like to cook corned beef and cabbage once in awhile. We love Reubens, so I'm sure there will be some corned beef left over for another day. I also love my panini machine.
Believe it or not, Arby's actually has a pretty good Reuben sandwich right now for those who don't want to cook the whole shebang!

SandyWhite
March 17th, 2014, 07:44 PM
You know, I've never had corned beef. I will some day. On my bucket list.

Shirley
March 17th, 2014, 07:46 PM
We love corned beef. We had it for dinner Saturday night. I bought two today, one for my daughter and one for us, for later. Yum!

bubba
March 17th, 2014, 07:55 PM
I am a good combination too! Irish and German....they don't like each other much. However, my husband is 50% Mexican, 47% mutt, and three percent black.....long story!

ilive2craft2
March 17th, 2014, 08:19 PM
My usual store on Friday night didn't have very many left, so I was glad we went shopping on Friday. We had the family over yesterday for corned beef and cabbage - we have lots of leftovers. I love the meal the first day, but really enjoy a good corned beef sandwich for leftovers.

All 4 of my dad's grandparents came to the US from Ireland, so I am a wee bit Irish - but even that side is a good mix of Irish, Scottish and English. Mom's side is mostly German, but has some Irish and Native American, too. DH's family is all German - I introduced my inlaws to corned beef and cabbage - they loved it. I sure miss them both!

New York Sue
March 17th, 2014, 08:38 PM
We gave our 25lb order to our butcher shop 2 weeks ago, and after yesterday's gathering, it's nearly gone!
Glad you got your hands on some!