PDA

View Full Version : seeing stars!

Divine Daisy
March 17th, 2014, 02:44 PM
I am pooped from quilting stars on this **** ruby wedding anniversary quilt.

I close my eyes and I see stars. I dream of stars and even found myself singing twinkle twinkle little star as I was quilting!

This quilt is 120" x 140" as it is for a super king bed and has to go to the floor and yes I am quilting it on my Janome Horizon. I may never sew with red again.....well its more a cranberry colour really.

I have muscles on my muscles and I seriously think all this heaving mad amounts of fabric around is lifting my bust! It can't all be bad then eh? Once this is finished I have an art hanging to do of Paris but that doesn't have to be ready for the anniversary. They went to Paris for their honeymoon about a month after their wedding and their daughter wants the hanging a month after the anniversary........I didn't argue lol.

What I am really dreading is sewing the binding on by hand. Think I will have a binding party and get the girls over. NO RED WINE THOUGH!!

Hulamoon
March 17th, 2014, 02:55 PM
You could drink white and then it won't stain the quilt. :lol: Can't wait to see!

Sandy Navas
March 17th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Oh, we need pictures. Wish I were there to help you bind it. Seamus - send out for reinforcements.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 17th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Sounds so amazing! You always get those huge quilts to make, don't you? Want to see it, please!

BobW
March 17th, 2014, 03:07 PM
And just what does His Royal Majesty Seamus have to say about this situation? Surely he can contact someone at the palace that could help? ? ? I can't imagine trying to work on a quilt that large. Good luck and pretty please post pics.

EnumclawGramma
March 17th, 2014, 03:45 PM
I want to see this! Pictures please!

And yes, the workout is well worth it....right?

mamaquilt
March 17th, 2014, 03:59 PM
You sure can get people curious. I'm awaiting pictures of this quilt anxiously.

Divine Daisy
March 17th, 2014, 07:14 PM

Here you go, colours washed out as usual with my camera

Jean Sewing Machine
March 17th, 2014, 07:38 PM

Here you go, colours washed out as usual with my camera
Beautiful colors, muted or not! It s going to be so lovely!

Simply Quilting
March 17th, 2014, 09:11 PM
Looks beautiful. I can see why you are seeing stars all the time.

auntiemern
March 17th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Daisy, that is simply stunning. Wish I could help you bind it. I would love to sit and bind with you while you continued on with the any adventures of Seamus.

Madeforyouinma11
March 17th, 2014, 11:44 PM
That is beautiful! And..that's alotta quilt! I love sewing the binding by hand..wish I could help.
Just out of curiosity, how many HST did you have to make?

Nidan_07
March 17th, 2014, 11:51 PM
Really lovely. I'd be having a quilt binding party to get it done, too.

SandyWhite
March 18th, 2014, 01:27 AM
The quilt looks beautiful. Wish I could sit with you and help you bind. We could have a nice talk and before you know it ..done.

stationarymom
March 18th, 2014, 03:08 AM
I love the colors. I can't imagine making a quilt that large.Good luck!

easyquilts
March 18th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Yeah... I vote for white whine, too.... It will make the work go faster, and be more fun...

Congratulations on completing such a huge project.... Do you have a picture? We'd love to see it..

Poppytree
March 18th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Fabulous - does Seamus approve?

Divine Daisy
March 18th, 2014, 07:38 AM
That is beautiful! And..that's alotta quilt! I love sewing the binding by hand..wish I could help.
Just out of curiosity, how many HST did you have to make?

If I am honest I stopped counting because it got mind numbing. This quilt has been in the making far too long because of my brain freeze after Christmas when I just couldn't bring myself to sew. Now of course the pressure is on and its my own fault :)

The HST were not really the problem because you can just get into the groove with that, it was the trimming of them that drove me crazy and then slotting them together........not easy when you are dyslexic! But all of that is behind me, now its just the huge bulk of fabric which needs to be hauled around while I quilt.

Then of course the binding. GROAN!

Divine Daisy
March 18th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Sounds so amazing! You always get those huge quilts to make, don't you? Want to see it, please!

I do get huge quilts to make Jean, and I think it is to do with the cost of quilting in the UK. Quilting fabric here is between 10 and 15 a meter. that between $16 and $24 (I just did a conversion). Because of the high price, I think it is unusual for someone to order a quilt for a child...........it is a huge investment for something that might get paint or who knows what else on it. I can't remember when I last got an order for a single bed quilt.................although funnily enough I did just get an enquiry.

So, if someone is going to buy a quilt it tends to be for their own bed or as a wedding/anniversary gift. Add to that......most people here have king size beds (what you call Queen). Very few sleep in a double bed here. So yes, big quilts seem to be the order of the day.

EnumclawGramma
March 18th, 2014, 07:50 AM
OH my gosh I'm in love with this quilt! I can't wait to see it finished! Well done Ms Daisy! Wow, I can't imagine taking on a quilt that huge. I'm so impressed!

I love your attitude. You could be a life coach!

Monique
March 18th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Daisy I would gladly help with the binding.