PDA

View Full Version : Sunday. Who's up?

EnumclawGramma
March 16th, 2014, 11:10 AM
I am! Up early on Sunday so I can sleep good Sunday night. Makes for a much better Monday morning! Hey, it's my logic and it works!

DGD has been into making beaded jewelry for friends so today I see a trip to Ben Franklin for a fresh bead supply. I love going there anyway, and I'm really happy to see her crafting.

Lots of rain here this morning. I hear it on the skylights and I know it's going to be a wet day! It's ok though, bulbs are coming up and blooming, there is no snow on the ground and Spring really is just around the corner.

My daughter gifted my hubby and I with a couples spa package and yesterday was the day! We had a wonderful foot treatment with sugar scrub and massage followed by a couples massage and hot stone massage. Ever had hot stone massage?? It is WONDERFUL!!! My daughter worked on me, and I LOVE her work! She knows me. Wow. What an awesome day. I left with NO stress or anxiety in my body for the first time in MONTHS. And it lasted the entire evening.

Going to finish this cup of coffee and get moving. I would like to have my day well underway before anyone else gets up! Love the quite of morning, don't you?

Have a wonderful Sunday. Hugs/Prayers for those in need....and there are many. Smile, ok?

Bubby
March 16th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Good Morning,

Jeff and the Girls let me sleep in this morning. We have freezing rain today and boy is it nasty out. Adios to our Spring teaser we had yesterday. I'm glad I got out and ran errands yesterday.

I have nothing on my agenda today except to kick back and relax.

Have a great day everyone!

Ginny B
March 16th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Good morning. Not such an early morning for me today. Slept until 8:45! But I slept well. Had a wonderful time babysitting our baby Henry yesterday. He was such a good boy. Took the bottle from me no problem. But he didn't really want to go to sleep so it took a bit of rocking to convince him.

DH and I got our errands run yesterday morning so today I am going to just do a bit of cleaning and laundry and prep our Shepherds Pie for tomorrow's dinner (today's dinner is ready to go already). Then up to the sewing room I go for some funtime.

I hope everyone has a great day

Genny
March 16th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Good morning everyone! I've been up for a few hours but after taking my shower I've been doing some needed housework.

Yesterday we cleaned our "snowless...yippee...yard" we washed 2 cars inside and out and actually set in our garage with the door open and visited with our 2 daughters. Today will be a different story, we got about 3 or 4 inches of snow last night and DH was called out to plow the county highways...what a difference a day makes! Today will be a "watch a movie on tv day".

New York Sue
March 16th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Good morning, all!
Today is our annual St. Patrick's Day party. In a short time, we'll begin cooking 25 lbs of corned beef and cabbage, red potatoes, carrots, and colcannon. Our house will swell with neighbors, friends and family. YIPEE!
Best of all, two new babies will be 'wearing the green' and joining in our tradition!
Happy St. Patrick's Day, All (a day early)!

Mpyles
March 16th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Good morning! I slept until 8:30. Oh the weather is yucky! It's raining and sleeting off and on.

I sent dd back to west plains yesterday...so I wouldn't have her traveling in this. So sad to see her go back. She said last night she was the only one in the dorm. Better safe than sorry.

DS left at 5:30 this morning for a cycling race in Arkansas...I tried to subtly talk him out of it...to no avail. He thankfully is riding with a grown up 50 year old man...so I trust good decisions will be made. Still I worry about the uncontrollables. It's just my nature...can't change it...can't help it.

DH was headed over barbs way this morning to see his mother, but has changed his mind due to the weather.

I think I am gonna download a couple of on sale embroidery designs and work in my sewing oasis today.

I paid my niece to come clean yesterday...so the housework is done...just some laundry to do.

Everyone, enjoy your day!!

Bubby
March 16th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Sue, I'll be cooking corned beef and cabbage today with you. We love it!! Have a great get-together. Our roads are too slick to ask anyone over.

buckeyequilter
March 16th, 2014, 11:51 AM

Good morning....

It is snowing here...not a lot, but still snowing.

I had to rip 2 rows of stitching out of a quilt and start over. Well I got that done and started again...uggh...I am using Fusions variegated thread and now I need to rip out what I started again. I believe this is the worst thread I have ever used. It keeps breaking and it just looks bulky on the quilt. I will put Aurifil on the machine and get this quilting done!!

Well back out to the sewing room...have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs

CountryHut
March 16th, 2014, 11:55 AM
- Had a wonderful breakfast with the Hubby this morning -
he cooked the sausage and I cooked the pancakes - we work well together :)

y'all '''Make it''' a great day

toggpine
March 16th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Good Morning!

I left a rundown of yesterday's activities in the 'busy' night owl thread. We all slept well last night! It has been raining all night and is scheduled to continue the rest of the week. At least it's not snow!

I'll finish my coffee and switch the laundry. Then I'm going to scoot to J's and pick up some much needed WonderUnder. I thought about buying the 20 yard roll of poly batting they have on sale, but I haven't used it before and would hate to find I had that much and I didn't like it. We'll see.

I've finished the chair cushion and curtains for Em's room and now I'm working on the shower curtain for the main bathroom. Our son choose fish for the bathroom when he was a kid, and now that he has moved out, it's Em's bathroom. She likes the red towels, so we decided that a garden theme with ladybugs would work out well. We hand-dyed the fabrics last summer, and just now are getting to the construction. I need the fusible web to anchor the grass and bugs to the 'sky' fabric. It should be cute when we are done.

I still have the batch of peanut butter cookies in the fridge. That ought to be good for some entertainment this afternoon. Now to decide what's for supper, although dinner @ Sue's sounds fabulous!
Hey Sue! could you post your recipe for colcannon? I had some at a pub once and it was yummy, but I'd like a tried & true recipe instead of one I just looked up off the internet.

My coffee is nearly empty, so I suppose I'll get to going. I'll stop @ Walmart to check on April's fabric while I am out too!
Have a great day! Hugs! Cathy
You all have a good day!

bubba
March 16th, 2014, 12:18 PM
I have been up since just before 0600, not by choice, but because I had to work today. I am so looking forward to the days of no alarm clocks!

Libby, I know it's a drive from where you live, but have you ever ventured to Shipwreck Beads? It's a most wonderful place and I don't even do beading! And if you do venture there, make sure you go home thru Yelm and you can stop at GG's on the way!

aliaslaceygreen
March 16th, 2014, 12:18 PM
I'm Up!!! (UGH... I woke at 6:40 with a headache, had DH bring me drugs before he left for work, and re-woke at 9--but am STILL feeling just this side of good)

I am working on my VERY FIRST Log Cabin. I started it for National Quilting Day! If you go to my blog, you can see a photo.... Photo A Day. CY365, Week ending 3/15/14 | More Notes From the Refrigerator Door (http://aliaslaceygreen.com/2014/03/16/photo-a-day-cy365-week-ending-31514/)

They are talking wintry weather, AGAIN, for this area.....

Hope everyone is well, ((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))) Take one, give one, as needed!

ilive2craft2
March 16th, 2014, 12:41 PM
I got up around 7:30 and put the corned beef in the crock pots - yes, we have 2 going. Our family loves it - having Mom and my siblings over - sort of a tradition, but haven't always done it. Our son is home on spring break, so was a no brainer - they all want to see him too! I went back to bed for a bit, I just can't get warm today - really windy here, but the snow and wintry mix are going to miss us today i think.

Now we are vacuuming, etc - my mom was always a fussy housekeeper and that is so not me, so at least trying to take the edge off. She will probably make some snarky comment again, like she did at Thanksgiving and I had really cleaned for that. Oh well, I just try to not take it personally - I have always found better ways to spend my time (with our son and now quilting) than cleaning house!

Taking a break between rooms, so I better get back to it!

rebeccas-sewing
March 16th, 2014, 12:57 PM
I'm just about ready to head to the Netherlands. Just need to finish packing and do a couple of little things that are still on my "To Do" list. I'm dreading that very long flight that includes a three-hour layover in London. Of course all this business with the missing plane certainly doesn't make one feel very secure. I feel so sorry for all of the many people who were unlucky enough to be flying on that aircraft. I just pray they all return safely even though I have serious doubts. I hope you all have a lovely Sunday. At 2 p.m. west coast time I'll be on my way to LAX. I'm going to miss my cat. She's so dear and I'm sure she's going to wonder where I am. I worry about my daughters. I hope they manage to get themselves squared away with school. I wouldn't want to re-live my twenties. It's such a difficult time for so many. It was for me and is for my daughters. Things really began to improve for me when I hit my 30's. I wish the same for them.

New York Sue
March 16th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Here you go, Cathy! It's a great recipe!

Colcannon Recipe : Food Network (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/colcannon-recipe.html)

I do 'skinny down' the butter a bit...

Simply Quilting
March 16th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Good Afternoon :) I woke up at 6:30AM the alarm goes off at 7AM on Sunday mornings to get to church. We awoken to snow and ice pellets on the ground. The roads were basically clear. Sure is different than the 72 degree we had yesterday. I enjoyed the windows open while sewing. I was able to get a little sewing done between laundry and housework. No big plans for the day.

quiltingtrish
March 16th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Rebecca - prayers coming for your flight(s) until we know you are safe on the ground again.

Not much going on here - just trying to rest my back after spending 2 days in Lancaster, PA at the quilt show. We shopped one day at the local shops and the 2nd day we hit the convention center. I didn't buy too much but did get some new fabrics. It was nice to spend the weekend with my girlfriends.

Katie made it through her 15K last Monday and her big infantry test last Tuesday. This week brings a 20K and more testing. This is the last hike she has to do with this school. She says her phone is locked up until Saturday so it will be a long week until we hear how she does. It's a good thing work keeps me busy and the weeks zip by for me. Only 12 more weeks until school lets out, I can't wait.

Well, tada everyone. Need to catch up on stuff here at home.

Hugs,

toggpine
March 16th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Woo hoo!

I sewed two seams and marked a dozen buttonholes!
After the morning I had this is great news. On the way to JoAnn's my passenger windshield wiper flew off. The metal arm smacked the glass and chipped it. I had to drive to the nearest gas station without wipers for fear of gouging the glass even worse. I tried to take the mini-wiper off the rear window just to keep the arm off the glass until I could get to the parts store.
Nope. I have no idea how I'll ever get that thing off, but it might involve a hacksaw.

Time to think outside the box. I had an old towel in the back. I tore off a piece and wrapped it around the hook dealie on the wiper arm, bending the tail back towards the arm. Then I secured it with a hair elastic as tight as I could wrap it just behind the hook. This left a ball shaped wad of terrycloth on the end of the wiper arm. It worked well enough to get me to Walmart where I bought a brand new one that snapped on very securely.
So FYI: DO NOT BUY Goodyear wipers! (Mine came from Costco.) They have been crappy from the day I put them on. I was going to replace them when I changed the oil next, but I guess this one decided to leave before then.

While at Walmart I did not find April's fabric. :( I did find some elephants Emily liked, and we'll be making a new library bag for her out of it. We made it to J's and had the non-sewing gal cutting fabric for us today. :icon_shake:
We did get our WonderUnder and while I was there we helped get a new quilter started "The Jenny Way"! She was asking about what we thought of the cutting mat & rotary cutter she had in her cart. The other gal in line and I both asked her if she had seen Jenny's tutorials. I ended up writing MSQC & Jenny's name for her to find in the site. She was pretty excited that there were tutorials that made quilting fun & easy for a beginner.

Go Team Jenny & Missouri Star!!!

Now that I have the laundry switched again, I'll go see if I can get some more thread through the fabric. Whoo Hoo! A dozen or so buttonholes and I can hang the shower curtain 'sky' and finish placing the grass, ladybugs, caterpillars, and butterflies. I will get this done. I WILL!