PDA

View Full Version : So Sad

Sandy Navas
March 16th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Last night Al and I were working on a quilt when I heard (he said he didn't) a loud bang. We often hear dump trucks in the area, unloading a short distance from the house.

A few minutes later I happened to notice traffic on the highway slowing and building up. Horrendous accident about 300 feet from our driveway, young 43 YO woman killed in a head-on - she crossed over the median into another car and was ejected even though it appeared her seat belt was fastened. Wonder if it was a medical reason she lost control. So sad, so sad.

Loonwatcher
March 16th, 2014, 10:22 AM
That is so sad. I hate that. I hope the rest of the occupants are okay. Blessings to all involved.

EnumclawGramma
March 16th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Every single time I hear an emergency vehicle go by my home I cringe, because it is NEVER good. We live out in the woods, no fire hydrants....so when a fire truck goes by I KNOW it's bad. But nearly every time I hear sirens I say a silent prayer for the people they are racing to......

ilive2craft2
March 16th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Sandy, that is so sad! Praying that the occupants of the other car are not seriously injured.

Libby, i also say a prayer every time I hear sirens. Which is pretty often around here - we live about 2 blocks from a fire station!

bakermom
March 16th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Sad.
I thought I was the only one that said a prayer when I heard sirens. Glad I'm not alone

MRoy
March 16th, 2014, 11:23 AM
So sad. I hope the others involved in the accident are okay.

HandsOffItsMine
March 16th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Prayers for the woman's family and prayers for the others involved.

Genny
March 16th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Last night Al and I were working on a quilt when I heard (he said he didn't) a loud bang. We often hear dump trucks in the area, unloading a short distance from the house.

A few minutes later I happened to notice traffic on the highway slowing and building up. Horrendous accident about 300 feet from our driveway, young 43 YO woman killed in a head-on - she crossed over the median into another car and was ejected even though it appeared her seat belt was fastened. Wonder if it was a medical reason she lost control. So sad, so sad.

Sandy, So sorry to hear this and so sad for the lady that was killed. I also hope you're ok because when this happens so close to our homes or when we come across wrecks it has a profound affect on us. Hugs...Genny

auntiemern
March 16th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Such a sad tragedy. Prayers for all involved, including you DF. Must have been a hard thing to hear and see.

rebeccas-sewing
March 16th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Such sad news, Sandy. Life really is a crapshoot, isn't it? I wonder if she fell asleep, had a heart attack, a stroke, drunk? Are the folks in the other car okay? I imagine you'll hear about it on your news or in the paper.

Madeforyouinma11
March 16th, 2014, 01:50 PM
That is so sad. Prayers to all involved. So scary to hear things like that.

GuitarGramma
March 16th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Oh Sandy, that's sad and awful and upsetting and tragic all rolled into one. Having it happen so close to you and your home has to be traumatic for you and your whole family, too. My heart--and prayers-- go out to you and all involved.

Simply Quilting
March 16th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Prayers to her family.