PDA

View Full Version : May 24, 2011 - Tuesday

Sandy Navas
May 24th, 2011, 11:14 AM
It's a great big wonderful world out there, albeit scary at times. I've been looking at footage of the devastation south of us and just can't believe how horrible it is. I can't imagine having to rebuild one's life. The closest I've been to that was witnessing my parents recover from their home burning down - after I'd moved out years ago. I don't think my Mother was ever the same after that. And then to have everything you've worked so hard for to be ripped from you - along with that of your friends and neighbors. It would either destroy your faith or take a firm hold on renewing it. This year's tornadoes have been worse than any year I can remember. My prayers go out to those effected by these storms.

I did finish Zoe's quilt yesterday. Give myself a couple pats on the back. I have to swipe MY camera back from Al and get some pictures uploaded to the Show and Tell section. I've got company coming this weekend so I think instead of continuing sewing that I really need to concentrate on cleaning my living and dining rooms this week . . . I don't think I can get away with telling them that it was clean 'yesterday'.

Prayers and hugs to all my forum friends - Trish, my heart goes out to you! Paula, good to see you getting some gumption back, we've missed you here. Hope to see all my other friends checking in.

meemeecyn
May 24th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Happy Tuesday everyone. I reflect the sentiments sent by Sandy about the terrible times in Joplin. This morning, listened to a woman complain about all the rain we've had here and couldn't help but tell her people have lost their lives in Mo. because of the weather.....stop complaining about being wet here! We truly do have so much to be grateful for.

Trish, read your note about your daughter. My heart aches for you. I remember those days of teen troubles when my daughter was going through some tough times. So difficult for you, but it sounds like you are doing everything a mother could possible do. Keep the faith, Trish.

Can't wait to see Zoe's quilt, Sandy. Go ahead and sew some more.....Your company won't care if there is some dust around!

Take care everyone. Hope you get a chance to renew the spirit today by sewing a bit.
Cynthia

bakermom
May 24th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Scary times weather-wise. I'm glad you're all safe. I pray for all those affected by these terrible storms.

Sandy Navas
May 24th, 2011, 02:22 PM
I just finished washing windows - inside and outside - with the help of my 9YO DGD, Michelle. And wouldn't you know it, the skies have opened up and I'll bet in the last 20 minutes we've gotten enough rain to water everyone's gardens from hither to yonder. I knew we were watching for storms but this is ridiculous. And Al is out in this - somewhere!! TV is off, but at least for now I can keep track of the weather forecast on the computer. Windy, too. Don't like this.

toggpine
May 24th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Washing either the windows or the car will almost always ensure rain will follow! Gonna go call and check on Grandma in Tulsa to make sure she is doing OK with the weather. Seriously, I'll take living in the shadow of a semi-dormant volcano to the twisters and hurricanes any day! You all take care in tornado alley!

As for here, partly sunny. I should go wash the windows too, but I'll probably go trim some hooves and start mucking out the barn. It sounds like we'll have company coming over to check out the animals. I think they might be interested in buying some kids later this summer. Yea! Always nice to have homes for them before they are born!
I should also do some house cleaning since the normal Monday chores were tossed over for the trip to the feed mill yesterday. The carpet would like to see the vacuum and the dust might just double as an etch a sketch on the end tables! Then the bed linens, and, and, and... you all know the song and dance! I'd much rather just sew! Maybe tonight.