PDA

View Full Version : Water contemanitation

Swedish leo
March 16th, 2014, 07:02 AM
Hi

I woke up to the radio telling people in my city not to drink the water without boiling it for at least 3 min.

Apparently there have been some contemanation in one of the purifing plants so there is possible that souage water has spilled in the drinking water resevoairs. So for the next 48 hours we have to boil water.

We should not even use it for washing. Uuuggghhh..

Not a happy camper.

SandyWhite
March 16th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Oh no. Sorry to hear this. Hope it's cleared up soon,

Suzette
March 16th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Yikes! Hope it's all resolved soon.

Poppytree
March 16th, 2014, 08:12 AM
Not nice. Our water doesn't taste good at the best of times (rainwater) but at least it is drinkable. Hope its sorted soon.

LorraineRob
March 16th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Ooooeeerrr! Hope they get that cleaned up soon.

Swedish leo
March 16th, 2014, 10:12 AM
It sure make you realize how much you use water in your daily habits.

And how much you take for granted.

We have a lot to be thankful for and sometimes it is good to be reminded of that.

Hugs

Jess1377
March 16th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Oh geesh... I hope you get through this alright, good luck!

Bubby
March 16th, 2014, 11:47 AM
This happens to us fairly often because we get our water from a public well. Sometimes pipes are broken during construction, etc, and results in bad water. Unfortunately sometimes we don't find out about it for a week or two after it happened. I hope your water is good to use again soon.

rebeccas-sewing
March 16th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Good grief! That's pretty scary. I hope no one gets sick.

Simply Quilting
March 16th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Yuck. We have some towns around here that seem to be underwater advisories often because of broken pipes which this past summer was due to the drought and the soil shifting so much. But nothing as nasty as that.

EmmaB
March 16th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Ewwww! Hope they get things worked out soon.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 16th, 2014, 02:34 PM
How very inconvenient. There was a town in West Virginia that couldn't use their water for anything for 9 days because of a chemical spill in the river. It about drove them crazy! Hope your problem is resolved quickly!

Wwena
March 17th, 2014, 08:24 AM
(I live in the same town as Annika/Swedish Leo.)

On the one hand they've now told us that to bring the water up to a boil is enough. On the other hand the first tests show there really is a contamination, so we need to do this until at least wednesday. I'm home with a sick kid today and while I'd rather be at work (we have a lot to do!) there is NO COFFEE there at the moment. Imagine that, an IT company with no coffee! I can only imagine... ;)