PDA

View Full Version : Special Day Tomorrow

easyquilts
March 15th, 2014, 11:49 PM
Tomorrow.... Match 16th, would have been my husband's 74th birthday.... I know it will be a difficult day for all of us, but we hope to celebrate his life.

Most of the family will attend church together, then we will all gather at the local Frisch's for lunch.... Earl and I...and Frisch's....go way back... It's not a fancy place, but holds lots of great memories... I plan to have a chocolate malt in his honor.... But... I have to be honest, and tell you that I dread the day.... I know from having lost my mother, in 2000' that birthdays are the hardest.... It's such a personal day....

I've got to say that the last two months have been very difficult for me... I still can't believe my sweetheart is gone, and that I am living alone...and that I am now responsible for everything.... I feel that a part if me .. The best part... is gone... It feels so wrong not to be part of a couple anymore.... The aloneness is always with me.. Even when I am laughing, and having fun with the boys, I feel that emptiness... I am always aware if it...

You guys have been a tremendous help.... Thank you again for your constant support...

bubba
March 15th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Hugs to you! I can begin to pretend knowing what you are going thru. I know when I lost my dad how hard it was, but I can't imagine life without Monkeyman.

I hope you enjoy some specials memories and drink that malt w/a smile on your face!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 15th, 2014, 11:59 PM
We'll be thinking of you Sandy. My late hubby would have been 74 this month on the 27th. Not being a couple is a very hard thing to accept when it isn't your choice to be a single.

tamsterg7
March 16th, 2014, 12:09 AM
Sandy, I will be thinking of you. Although the day will be difficult, I think it is wonderful that you are celebrating his life and all the cherished memories you made together.

bhaggerty
March 16th, 2014, 12:09 AM
Hang in there! Will be thinking of you and praying for you!

Darlene Hayes
March 16th, 2014, 12:11 AM
Hi Sandy,
So sorry for your loss. I lost my mother 3 years ago and it is still difficult.
My hubby is still by my side, but I sometimes imagine life without him. Hard to
even imagine so my thoughts go out to you. Our dear friend, Bill, just lost
his "bride," as he still referred to her of 64 years. He is having a very difficult time
and we are trying to be as supportive as we can.
Darlene

Miss Sheri
March 16th, 2014, 12:24 AM
Sandy, I'll be thinking of you too. Good to have your family close around you to help you face this first birthday without Earl. I think the first one is always the hardest, it was for me when we buried our first baby. You already know it will be emotional, let those emotions have their time, feel, embrace, and when you are ready, you can release the pain of the day and hold onto the joy. ((((((Sandy))))))

pcbatiks
March 16th, 2014, 01:14 AM
Sandy....... You will be in my thoughts tomorrow......hugs to you. :)

Lilly
March 16th, 2014, 01:19 AM
Dear Sandy,
I am so sad that you will have to face this day but I am so glad you will have people around you to comfort you. I am amazed at your bravery in going to your special restaurant. I'm not sure I could do that. I will be praying for you tomorrow and more especially tomorrow night.
Love - Lilly

stationarymom
March 16th, 2014, 03:20 AM
sandy
i will be thinking of you tomorrow. i can understand your feelings when my mother died i watched my father fall apart every morning he would come into the kitchen and by the time he reached my arms i would literally hold him up.losing the one you truly love is very hard for those of us left behind. tomorrow if necessary lean on your family for support it may be a painful day but remember him and know he will be there by your side . my father always saw a white butterfly when he was going thru a really tough time,it still shows up today when needed .our loved ones don't really leave us only their physical being.

turena65
March 16th, 2014, 04:16 AM
Thinking about you Sandy... I think it's a beautiful thing to celebrate Earl's Birthday at your favorite restaurant with your favorite people... We love you!

Nidan_07
March 16th, 2014, 04:57 AM
Sandy, all the very best to you to help you get through such a hard day. I will be thinking of you.

bkthomas
March 16th, 2014, 05:28 AM
You go have that malt and celebrate what was!
I bought a B-Day cake and celebrated my hubby's after he passed......you're right birthdays and Fathers Day was always the toughest for me too!
Now you hang in there and talk about the good times.....you will enjoy remembering all the funny things everyone will come up with! God Bless you Sandy!

Andrea F
March 16th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Dear Sandy, I will be thinking of you too. It's good that you are not alone on this sad day. I hope you can find some relief in your happy memories.

MayinJerset
March 16th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Sandy, Glad you let us know how you are feeling and as you can see your friends here support you and grieve along with you. So laugh and cry today and drink that chocolate malt as that's the best way to honor him.

RiverMomm
March 16th, 2014, 09:20 AM
((((((Sandy))))))) I can't imagine what you are feeling. It's ok to feel sad. Remember you can always come here and maybe a little cyber hug will help . . . just a tiny bit.

Sandy Navas
March 16th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Sandy, we all keep you in our hearts. Prayers continue.

BobW
March 16th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Sandy,

I haven't known you for very long, but in the time I have, you have related some wonderful stories about Earl and the love you shared. I'm so glad you are going to your "Special" place today to celebrate Earl's day. Talk with your family, laugh and share the stories about your life together and celebrate the life you had together. I hope todays tears will help wash away the sadness so you can focus on the wonderful memories of the time you had together. I say raise that malt in salute and know you are loved.

Monique
March 16th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Sandy, it is hard and you will be reminded of many cherished moments.

Ginny B
March 16th, 2014, 10:31 AM
{{{{{{Sandy}}}}} I will be thinking of you today. So glad you have your family around you. Enjoy that chocolate malt. What a special way to mark this day although I know it will be difficult.

Trish04
March 16th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Big big hug Sandy!! Thinking of you today (Sunday) wish I knew words of wisdom that would take your pain away all I know is sending you a big hug!

EnumclawGramma
March 16th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Everyone here will be keeping you close in thought today. Glad you will be surrounded by loving friends and family.

buckeyequilter
March 16th, 2014, 11:37 AM
http://www.commentsguru.com/images/hugs/lovely_hugs.gif

Jess1377
March 16th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Sending you (((SANDY))) hugs and prayers for strength your way.

GrammaBabs
March 16th, 2014, 11:56 AM
I'm sending a big hug to you Sandy... missing him so much only means he was a wonderful guy that you shared a love the way most people only dream of... My DH and I are that sort of a couple and are kidded about being hitched at the hip, but we smile and enjoy it anyway!!! I will be thinking of you today... and counting my blessings for as long as I can... You sound like such a strong woman...I read a lot of your posts and think,, I hope , if necessary I can be that strong...Hugs, Barbara..

Simply Quilting
March 16th, 2014, 02:48 PM
{{{HUGS}}}

easyquilts
March 16th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Thanks to all of you wonderful people for your love and support.... It really helps...

The day has not been as bad as I thought it would be....but it isn't evening, yet.... That 'so when I have the most trouble, on any dsy.

It has helped to have my sis here.... The whole family met a Frisch's, for lunch... It was a fav of ours... We always told our servers that we were eating still Frisch's LONG before any of them were born.... I got a chocolate shake, in Earl's honor, and everyone had a dip of it... It was nice.

But, I couldn't help feeling that he should have been sitting there Witt us.... I remembered how many, many times we had shared a meal at the nearest Frisch's.... When he was a teenager, Earl used to "cruise " around the Frisch's parking lot, looking for girls... That was in the days of carhops.. Remember them?

Truth is, I am trying to jeep my mind busy, so I won't remember too much.... It's the first time in over 46 years I haven't been with Earl on his birthday... In fact, our relationship was rekindled (after a time when we were going in different paths, at a birthday party he concocted just so I would be there... I bought him give-dollar carton of cigarettes.... ( those were the days be goer we knew how harmful smoking was) . The rest is...as they say...history.

We stuck together through all Kinds of things... I remember that our goal....when first married....was to grow old, together, and I guess that's what we did.... A few days before Earl died, we promised each other that we sound never be separated, and we have not been,... Our souls will always be united... Always...

It's hard to live a normal life without him, but I know he is never really far away.... Even when I am feeling so alone. Does that make sense? Not having Earl, physically bedside me is hard....I don't expect to ever be used to it. But, that's OK.

Thank all of you, again, for being there for me.... This is such a special day.... And it us beginning to be as bad as I thought it would be... Full of memories, and wishing for just a few minutes more.... Honestly, the tears that come eventually day, are wearing me out.... Thank you all for listening to my ramblings...

God Bless...

RoseMA
March 16th, 2014, 05:13 PM
I hope your day is going well today.
Your in my thoughts.
Hugs.

Madeforyouinma11
March 16th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Sending you many (((hugs))).
I've had this saved on my iPad for awhile now. I look at it often when I'm missing someone that I have lost. For me it helps to remember and think that they are happy and waiting for me.

Iris Girl
March 16th, 2014, 05:52 PM

hope your day is going well.

IBake
March 16th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Sandy,

My heart goes out to you. March 18th is/was my mother's birthday. I lost her 6 years ago to Alzheimers.....5 weeks after my daddy died from an Abdominal Aortic Hernia that was missed due to his doctor's incompetency. So I lost both of my parents in 5 weeks. I still hate the fall when I lost my parents....

I can't tell you how to grieve-that's such a personal thing for each person. I can tell you the sharp pain will dull with time, but there will always be that hole in your heart...it just gets easier to deal with the hole. I know that my parents are with each other and without pain. I have felt their spirits come to me in the years past. I know that THEY are suffering. I still miss them, and being an only child I only have myself to miss them as much as I do..

I will keep you in my prayers...they help mop up the aches..