PDA

View Full Version : Saturday...National Quilting Day!!

Mpyles
March 15th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Hey everyone! good morning!! I am up early for work...the last day of a very long week!! I hope everyone enjoys national quilting day! A day to celebrate our craft! Yesterday my LQS started a two day sale. I picked up some thread, water soluble marker, white jelly roll, bobbins, best press and a new 8 1/2 x 24 ruler! All things I needed...I avoided anything not needed. I have so many projects going or waiting that I feel overwhelmed. So don't want my money sitting on a shelf waiting. Hopefully work will go well and I can get home and spend my evening quilting...if not we will celebrate Sunday here!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Ginny B
March 15th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Good morning and Happy Quilting Day to all. I don't know how much time I will get in my sewing room today -- if any. We will be babysitting our 4 month old grandson later while his mom and dad attend a wedding and we have to get other errands done before we head over there. One of the errands on my list is a trip to Joann's. I am hoping to be able to get some sew-time tomorrow. I am close to finishing the handquilting on a Christmas wallhanging that I am working on.

Happy quilting all

Patio Gal
March 15th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Happy Quilting Day to my Sisters in Quilting!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 15th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Happy Quilting Day! I hope to do some quilting and that will entail a trip to the LQS to get some more fabric for borders for the quilt I want to finish.

Hope you all have a great day at the sewing machine!

buckeyequilter
March 15th, 2014, 09:46 AM

Good morning....

Happy National Quilting Day!!! Now with that being said...I guess I'd better run to the LQS to see if they have any sales LOL

I will be working on the memory quilt today. I put one row of double stitching on it and it doesn't look very good...so I'm almost finished ripping that out so I can start over on it.

Have a wonderful day!

easyquilts
March 15th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Happy Quilting Day ! I hope everyone gets to do a little (or a lot) sewing.... I need to get the little dogs off my lap, so I can get dressed, and work on my JRR2... It took me Forever to get all those strips and little squares sewed together last night.
I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Enjoy OUR day!

Sandy Navas
March 15th, 2014, 10:12 AM
http://www.bonnetgirls.com/images/Quilters.JPG

Come sit and stitch with me, okay?

Slokarma
March 15th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Does this mean I can forgo the trip to the grocery store?

O alright, I'll go and be quick about it! After all, I need to pack the lunch, that goes in the box, that goes to work, with the man who doesn't complain about my quilting and fabric and sewing machine obsession. A small price to pay.....(.well, some days! ) :icon_wave:Bye for now!

BobW
March 15th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Happy Quilting to my fellow quilters! May your stitches be where you want them, may your points be precise and all your cuts be perfect!

Marebear
March 15th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Happy Quilting Day!! I plan on finishing a quilt top I started yesterday - a simple jelly charm quilt. I shopped in my stash and found some strips and charms that I got a year ago and started the quilt. I may also go to my LQS and see if there are any sales.

Have fun stitching!!

Simply Quilting
March 15th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Happy Quilter's Day. I was up way too late last night working on some jelly roll totes - a head start on today's National Quilting Day ;) So going to bed at 3AM might not have been the smartest move as I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. I have all the windows open enjoying this beautiful sunny day. I think I'm going to quilt for a little bit and then take the children to the park for a while. I will have more time to quilt after they go to bed.

Have a great quilting day everyone :)

shermur
March 15th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Well, I had every intention of working on UFOs today, but.....
We have had a moving estimator come out to get us a quote on relocation costs. Then, we got a text that someone wants to show the house from 2:30 to 4:30 PM. Yikes....running around this house like a no other trying to be "show ready"! The house just hit the web this past Tuesday...this is somewhat unexpected! Maybe our house will sell sooner than we thought? Maybe I shouldn't worry so much about the relocation to Arkansas?
I just wanted my sewing room today.....:icon_razz:

rarerosered
March 15th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Happy Quilting Day, everyone.. Had a quilt class this morning so now I'm going to take rest of day to play in sewing room. Have a great Weekend.. Hugs, Lynn

Vonnie
March 15th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Happy Quilting Day everyone!

I went to the LQS and to the grocery store. Have my priorities right - spent twice as much at the LQS than on groceries!

Bought two black and white jelly rolls and one moda bella solid red. Thinking JRR2 with half hexies in red instead of the little squares and maybe red binding. Sound good? I have just been fascinated lately with black and white quilts with a punch of color. And four cones of Signature machine qulting thread.

Slokarma
March 15th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Anybody mention the free access to 169 shows over at the The Quilt Show (http://www.thequiltshow.com/os/#) until midnight.

MayinJerset
March 15th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Stopped at Log Cabin quilt shop in Lancaster PA area but didn't buy anything. I did by 4 yards of a great grey fabric at at Sauder's at 6.99 per yd. Quilt show is going on right now so everything is 20% off their regular low prices. I was only looking for specific fabrics this trip, saw some great maybe's but nothing that really grabbed me so I'll keeping looking.

Kat 2
March 15th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Happy National Quilting Day to everyone........

I did not get to sew or doing any shopping today but I did get to meet up with all my boys, daughter in laws and grandkids for a wonderful dinner together (we did talk about my latest project though). Hope everyone has had a wonderful day also!